ADVERTISEMENT

On the hot seat

Sommy

All Conference
Aug 2, 2001
Willie Taggart and Chad Morris.

Two coaches that will likely be available and would be a massive upgrade over Stock. Both would have a chance to rebuild their careers. BUT it’s not going to happen. Fun to dream about all these fired coaches that would be great to have as an improvement over our current staff.

they were losing more money by keeping him, than just paying him over time his money

Craddock would be available as an OC though if Tony decided to pack up. Craddock can QB coach too.

You would rather have Stock ??? you must be crazy.

Neither can Stockstill.

Both of these guys are upgrades. You would be crazy not to think so. They have at least proven they can win at different programs.
One has been fired and the other will be soon. Both for lack of wins. Why would we want either one.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Nobody other than Memphis has even come sniffing for Stock. Both Taggart and Morris were at several points in their careers able to advance to the next level. The SEC being the top conference in football and the ACC far superior to CUSA. Things haven’t worked out for them, but at least at some point they were viewed as the top pick by a top conference associated school. It just didn’t pan out in 1-2 years which isn’t very long.

They didn’t suddenly Just get bad. It’s much more than that.

Taggart turned USF into a good team ut he is overrated. Morris is a great G5 coach.

Morris is a great G5 coach.

I don’t know. His best year at SMU was 7-5. 8 games under .500 isn’t great.

Morris used his Clemson OC days get him a P5 job, but Arky may be the worst SEC team I have seen in a decade.

Willie Fritz and Bill Clark are the 2 names I keep seeing for P5 jobs.

Nobody other than Memphis has even come sniffing for Stock. Both Taggart and Morris were at several points in their careers able to advance to the next level. The SEC being the top conference in football and the ACC far superior to CUSA. Things haven’t worked out for them, but at least at some point they were viewed as the top pick by a top conference associated school. It just didn’t pan out in 1-2 years which isn’t very long.

They didn’t suddenly Just get bad. It’s much more than that.
Not necessarily true. East Carolina was also at least interested at one point and may have even offered.

I don’t know. His best year at SMU was 7-5. 8 games under .500 isn’t great.

Morris used his Clemson OC days get him a P5 job, but Arky may be the worst SEC team I have seen in a decade.

Willie Fritz and Bill Clark are the 2 names I keep seeing for P5 jobs.

SMU was in a terrible state when he got there. They hadn't won more than 2 games per season for a couple years I think. He literally started from the bottom there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT