ADVERTISEMENT

Observations of spring game 2015....Quarterbacks

MTsumner92

All American
Jul 31, 2005
Hendersonville
Both quarterbacks looked improved from last year. Stock was protecting the ball better and has a little bit better zip on the ball. Last year Stock had a bigger gap in the zip department which tells me Grammar has done some serious work in the offseason to strengthen his arm. It was very noticeable. That is a good sign. Grammar still does better when pressured. I still give the edge to Grammar at this point in time. That guy can just flat out play some football. We always have a chance with him in there. As long as his arm holds up then he is the starter. If it gets back to last year then it is Stocks team. I bet we will see some platooning go on next year as they can both run this offense. We are in a much better situation this year at QB.

With respect to Grammers arm strength last season, let's not forget that he had a pretty significant shoulder injury mid season and that most likely is the contributor to his weaker arm at the end of the seson.

One of my former players says while little Stock is a student of the game and a better than average player, Grammer is just a freak of nature.
He says that Grammer is that kid who can just naturally flat out play!!!!

Can't wait till fall.

GO RAIDERS!!!
D-winns

Reactions: MTsumner92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT