ADVERTISEMENT

Obama will ultimately destroy Hillary's candidacy

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
As the Middle East continues to spiral downward into total chaos, it is becoming more and more apparent that the 2016 election will focus on foreign affairs, international relations, and our ongoing wars against AlQeda/ISIS/ISIL/whatever in the region.
And it will soon become more obvious that Obama's failed policies have effectively doomed Hillary's chance at winning the White House. Indeed, I believe that the reason for the protracted delay in officially announcing her candidacy is simple: she won't run if she believes she's going to lose. Her ego simply could not endure another rejection by the voters..this time the ultimate one.

Look at all that is evil that has gone on in the world these last six months: the beheadings of Americans, the mass murders of Christians, the terrorist attacks in Europe, Russia's intervention in the Ukraine…the list is endless, and all of it is bad news for America.
And just what has Hillary had to say about any of it?
Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip.
Just a few innocuous Tweets about this and that, squeezed between highly paid speeches.
There's nothing she can say. She owns all of it. She was Secretary of State when many of these events occurred, and she helped formulate the policies that are are now blowing up all over the place.
But at some time she'll have to try and explain all of it: Libya, Benghazi, the Russian "reset," the Iranian nuke.
What was her role? Either she was instrumental in formulating these policies, or she was merely carrying out Obama's policy directives, which makes her a lapdog, and thus not qualified to handle the "3 AM wake-up call."
Nobody believes that the Middle East is going to get any better in the next 12 months. Sadly, it's going to deteriorate beyond anything we can now imagine. That's because Obama lacks the will to take any decisive action. And, in the vacuum he has created in the region, Iran and ISIS will move even more rapidly to fill it.
So, does Hillary repudiate Obama and his policies? Will she call for boots on the ground? If she does, it will cost her votes from the true believers who will skip the voting booth in 2016. If she endorses his failing actions, simply put..she's doomed.
Every feeble and feckless foreign policy move that Obama makes going forward cripples her chances. He is, by his own words and actions, "degrading, and ultimately destroying," [/I]her candidacy.[/B]
Hillary Clinton has been running for president since 1992 (back then it was as co-president…"you get two for the price of one" according to Slick). That's 24 years. That's not quite as long as Harold Stassen, but it's getting close.
And now, in addition to the ongoing mess that Obama has created for her, she'll also have to deal with three other issues:
1. Gowdy's Benghazi hearings
2. Bill's trips to Pedophile Island
3. Oh yeah…Obamacare, which she eagerly supported, and which is now blowing up completely.
Lots of people in Democrat power circles have to be thinking the same. Which is why they're all sitting quietly, keeping their powder dry, and options open. I've written before that if one assumes, for instance, that Liz Warren really, REALLY wants to run for the White House, she's playing it perfectly for now. Why openly challenge someone who may in fact not run?
There is only one thing that Hillary wants more than being President. That is not to lose the presidential election. Obama is doing his best to make sure that she can't win in 2016.
Hillary has 3-5 months at best to decide for herself. She may yet not want to admit that her candidacy is doomed, and ultimately does declared, but she will lose.
With the campaign focused primarily on foreign, and not domestic issues, whoever is the GOP candidate will present a clear and decisive contrast to Clinton.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BBJ and Mike, thoughts?

Obama is successfully degrading Hillary

The libs prefer Elizabeth Warren. Right now I think it will be Warren and Jeb with Jeb winning.

Should Hillary run and win the Democratic nomination, I just want the GOP nominee to have the courage and fortitude to hammer Hillary for her role on Benghazi. Contrary to what she will say, there really is no defense for her incompetence. The disturbing part about Benghazi is as it was happening, instead of saving lives or dealing with a crises, the immediate reaction was to start a cover-up while people were still dying. Her behavior during and after Benghazi is truly pathetic. How Hillary and her gutless wonders can look themselves in the mirror is beyond me.

Revelation 6:8: And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

images.jpg

"O my soul, be prepared for the coming of the Stranger, be prepared for him who knows how to ask questions." --T.S. Eliot

benghazi_terrorist_attacks_flashpointsurvival-dot-com.jpg

In the movie High Plains Drifter, hell is moral cowardice, exemplified by the venal hypocritical townspeople who stood by and watched as their marshal was bullwhipped to death by killers hired by the town to protect its interest in illegal ownership of the silver mine, which the marshall was in a position to expose. The scene, recalled in flashbacks, is reminiscent of the murders of Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods in Benghazi. They were killed while Hillary and dozens of onlookers stood by and did precisely nothing.

As a student of Saul Alinsky, Hillary learned, "In war, the end justifies almost any means." But according to Kant's categorical imperative, we ought never to treat a rational being merely as a means. Persons, unlike things, possess moral dignity as ends unto themselves and ought to be treated with respect. The theory of natural law, while teleological, holds that human lives are incommensurable. We ought never to perform a cost-benefit-analysis that trades off individual lives for the sake of a greater good. To Hillary, lying about Benghazi was for the greater good and her intentions are what matters.

In the end of the movie when Sarah Belding tells the Stranger, "You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous." He replies, "Well it's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." In the movie, Clint Eastwood makes it clear that none of the Stranger's victims were innocent. The film establishes that they all, in some sense, deserve their fate, as Sarah Belding attests when she says, "Yes, their my neighbors and they make me sick. Hiding behind words like faith, peace, and trust." She condemns the townspeople as hypocrites, this justifying the Stranger's revenge, a revenge she won't suffer, as we see her leaving town at the end of the film. In High Plains Drifter, the powers of a community must be punished for violating the individual. Eastwood understands the appeal of a wrathful ghost. His viewers all have versions of the cowardly and corrupt townspeople (Hillary and Obama) in their own lives upon whom they fantasize about exacting a Biblically proportioned revenge (see link).

Well in the debates, I want Hillary to truly know about herself as she accounts for her shameless and cowardly behavior regarding her role in Benghazi.

This post was edited on 2/22 9:20 AM by nashvillegoldenflash

A Whipping Revenge Scene - High Plains Drifter

Americans are such a flaky group who knows what the "real" issue will be in 2016.

If you go back 7 years ago, the nomination was Hillary's and Obama came in and took it away easily. This tells me the left really doesn't like her.

I think if she does run, the R's win regardless of nominee. As far as Warren; she is a buffoon. As someone who lives in New England and knows her story, there is a lot to attack - she is a known liar. While the media plays her as the populace candidate I think there is a lot to attack; however, Obama had many weaknesses and they were just ignored.

I just want some adults in DC

Meanwhile, its lent season, I say take a break from all this madness and focus on Christ.

For those of you who have never seen High Plains Drifter, the link below is a clip from the flogging scene. At the 2:01 mark, you will see a Hillary-esque woman appear. As the marshall pleads for help, you will see all the other cowardly Obama-esque townspeople standby and do nothing.

High Plains Drifter flogging scene

More eigth grade bullshit memes and logic. She's correct. The system is rigged heavily in favor of the wealthy. That's why the Waltons recently came off of some cash. They saw the writing on the wall.

More childish gibberish. When I was a boy my grandparents and parents taught me to pay what a job was worth, not the least you could get away with. But what do I know...Youve got it all figured out.

BRF, I don't have it all figured out but I truly believe the laws of economics dictate that the market performs best when allowed to work on its own. History shows I'm correct on this. Constitutionally speaking, the government has little Constitutional right and no proper justification for managing the economy. Government should therefore interfere with business only when absolutely necessary because government intervention tends to cause an inefficient allocation of resources. Such cases for government intervention include legal business practice enforcement, patent protection, the non-natural monopoly (not natural monopoly, see link) and the traditional use of constitutionally grounded tariffs. Aside from this limited governmental role, the free market alone should dictate wages, prices, and business interests.

This post was edited on 2/22 3:09 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

The Myth of Natural Monopoly

Having a minimum standard of living for Americans is not "too much interference." If the market were going to react in a way that would insure that all Americans have a reasonable standard of living, without the government implementing a MW, it would have, but it doesn't. That's not the way it works. Wealthy people don't suddenly start paying our poorest better wages out of the goodness of their hearts. They pay the least they can get away with and in many cases it's too damn little. We aren't ever going to agree on this. If you want to say that our tax laws for overseas business is costing us jobs, that I agree with. If you want to say that increasing a minimum wage too quickly (for instance having it jump by $3 an hour all at once) will cause inflation too quickly, that I agree with. If you want to say we shouldn't tax too much, I'll agree with that, but I highly doubt you ever agree with me on anything because you're TOO BUSY TRYING TO FIND REASONS WE DON'T AGREE. YOU ARE WAITING TO REFUTE WITHOUT REALLY TRYING TO DIG DEEP AND UNDERSTAND THE OTHER PERSON. YOU ARE AN ARGUER AND NOT A PROBLEM SOLVER.

Originally posted by BlueRaiderFan:
Wealthy people don't suddenly start paying our poorest better wages out of the goodness of their hearts. They pay the least they can get away with and in many cases it's too damn little.
The solution is competition. The more competition the better the wages, benefits, working conditions, innovation, products and prices.

Creating competition is the role of government - they broke up standard oil and ma bell but all too often big business buys off the legislature and pushes through regulations that serve to eliminate the competition and as a result both the worker and consumer suffer.

I can name plenty of competition in probably every sector of the market. The problem isn't competition. Competition drives wages down in the attempt to become more competitive by keeping labor costs low. Monopolies also keep wages low because they are the only game in town. The only thing that will create a minimal standard of living is to set a bottom via the government. These corporations aren't going to suddenly turn into angels because they want to do the moral thing. Often they can't because there actually IS competition and they want to cut costs via labor wage cuts. This moronic idea that corporations will increase wages with or without competition has to stop. It's completely idiotic. It will not happen under any circumstance, except the government intervenes. There is a reason that almost all the civilized societies on the planet have a minimum wage. Stop buying into this bullshit idea that you are being spoon fed. You and Fox News aren't smarter than almost every civilized government on the planet...just stop it.

This post was edited on 2/22 7:00 PM by BlueRaiderFan

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:
BRF, I don't have it all figured out but I truly believe the laws of economics dictate that the market performs best when allowed to work on its own. History shows I'm correct on this. Constitutionally speaking, the government has little Constitutional right and no proper justification for managing the economy. Government should therefore interfere with business only when absolutely necessary because government intervention tends to cause an inefficient allocation of resources. Such cases for government intervention include legal business practice enforcement, patent protection, the non-natural monopoly (not natural monopoly, see link) and the traditional use of constitutionally grounded tariffs. Aside from this limited governmental role, the free market alone should dictate wages, prices, and business interests.

This post was edited on 2/22 3:09 PM by nashvillegoldenflash
Flash, you're absolutely right, government has no Constitutional right to infringe on the wages paid by employers to their employees. Free market capitalism is always the answer to setting prices, wages, etc. Government intervention always leads to problems. Just look at Russia.

"I think if she does run, the R's win regardless of nominee."

Mike, I pray that to be true, but help me understand how we get around the pervading problem with the electoral college? As it currently stands, the GOP is in a deep hole before the election ever begins. Most of the states with high delegate numbers are pretty much a lock for the Democrats. Can you paint a scenario where the GOP can overcome that? I'm thinking we MUST win back Ohio, Florida, and Virginia--just to have a chance. Your thoughts, my friend?
This post was edited on 2/23 1:14 PM by bigbadjohn45

Originally posted by bigbadjohn45:

Mike, I pray that to be true, but help me understand how we get around the pervading problem with the electoral college? As it currently stands, the GOP is in a deep hole before the election ever begins. Most of the states with high delegate numbers are pretty much a lock for the Democrats. Can you paint a scenario where the GOP can overcome that? I'm thinking we MUST win back Ohio, Florida, and Virginia--just to have a chance. Your thoughts, my friend?
PA, MI, WI are trending away from Ds.

I think OH, VA and FL will swing back to R's in 2016. CO, NV is in play.

I just do not feel any energy behind Hillary's candidacy. There are just too many negatives.

Originally posted by Blueraider_Mike:

Originally posted by bigbadjohn45:

PA, MI, WI are trending away from Ds.

I think OH, VA and FL will swing back to R's in 2016. CO, NV is in play.

I just do not feel any energy behind Hillary's candidacy. There are just too many negatives.
I hope you're right about the energy thing, but you can bet the MSM will do everything in their power to get her elected.

That being said, Ohio, Virginia, and Florida are pretty much "must" wins, and a possible Walker candidacy would definitely bring Wisconsin in fold. I still believe states such as Pennsylvania and Michigan are fool's gold, and I would never bet on either of those two states to go for the GOP. I do agree that Colorado and Nevada could potentially be in play. Long way to go, though. Thanks for the response.

Originally posted by BlueRaiderFan:
Competition drives wages down in the attempt to become more competitive by keeping labor costs low.
So, if MTSU wants a better footall coach, Massaro should offer less than everyone else to lure a coach to MTSU?

A head football coach is a rare person. Just like the CEO they can demand hire wages. The common laborer is not. Try thinking about these things a little more. Half of the issues with tjis country stem from people not thinking things like this through.

Lets take a janitor. If there isn't enough people to fill the need then wages will increase.

What we have is a glut of unskilled labor - and the 11 million illegal aliens hasn't helped.

More jobs means a smaller labor force which means higher wages, benefits, and better products.

I realize there are always some exceptions, but most people are paid what they deserve based on the argument that people deserve whatever they are able to negotiate. If a person can't get paid more, then they don't deserve more. That may sound harsh, but the reality is that is how the business world works. As an employee, you always want to provide more value to your employer than your salary because if you are getting paid exactly the amount equal to the value that you are providing your company, the company can eliminate you without incurring a loss.

BRF, I realize you believe that most people are woefully underpaid, but let me point out to those who risk everything comes a reasonable reward. To those who collect a paycheck comes somewhat less. Most everyone has the opportunity to open a small business. It's all about risk and reward. Let's face it, showing up and collecting a paycheck is not risky. You may not think that it's fair, but that is how capitalism works.

Regarding the discussion on increasing the minimum-wage, please read the following article entitled, "The Minimum-Wage Stealth Tax on the Poor." I know you will not agree with the author but there is evidence that shows that when a fast-food business is forced to raise pay, it also raises prices, which affects low-income families the most.

The Minimum-Wage Stealth Tax on the Poor

I realize there are always some exceptions, but most people are paid what they deserve based on the argument that people deserve whatever they are able to negotiate. If a person can't get paid more, then they don't deserve more. That may sound harsh, but the reality is that is how the business world works. As an employee, you always want to provide more value to your employer than your salary because if you are getting paid exactly the amount equal to the value that you are providing your company, the company can eliminate you without incurring a loss.

You pay a living wage, period. Regardless of what the market dictates. These major corporations could increase wages to a living wage without incurring too much cost in many cases. Part of the market is labors ability to negotiate. They can do that through unions and representatives. That's the way the system works.

BRF, I realize you believe that most people are woefully underpaid, but let me point out to those who risk everything comes a reasonable reward.
[/B]

No, I don't believe that at all. Your words, not mine. Try understanding what I'm saying instead of reading into it.

To those who collect a paycheck comes somewhat less. Most everyone has the opportunity to open a small business. [/B]

Bullshit. It takes a minimum of $50,000-100,000 to open a viable small business, for the most part.

It's all about risk and reward. Let's face it, showing up and collecting a paycheck is not risky. [/B]

More bullshit. I rolled the dice when I stopped accepting phone calls for job opportunities and stayed at my current company. If they make a dumb move, which companies sometimes do, I am out on the street with just my savings in between me an the mission downtown.

You may not think that it's fair, but that is how capitalism works.

We have this thing called a "democratic republic." We have the right to set certain minimal standards of living. Don't like it? LEAVE.

Regarding the discussion on increasing the minimum-wage, please read the following article entitled, "The Minimum-Wage Stealth Tax on the Poor." I know you will not agree with the author but there is evidence that shows that when a fast-food business is forced to raise pay, it also raises prices, which affects low-income families the most.

We've been over this before. The cost increases, if they occur at all, have been shown to be so small that it would take years for the price increase in all areas to wipe out the wage increase. That's a proven FACT. Small, reasonable increases in the MW help the poor, net effect. Now, I agree; raising it from $7 to $15 an hour would cause instant inflation. Raising it from $7 to $9 an hour would not. I don't advocate the $15 an hour rate.

This post was edited on 2/24 5:47 AM by BlueRaiderFan

Democratic Republic? Oh, really?

What is a Democratic Republic?
Today, Shane Vander Hart at American Principles Project posted a copy of the the new C3 social studies standards. He skimmed and found several places for concern and encouraged readers to read the text. So I did.
I didn't get very far before I hit a snag. In the first paragraph of the Introduction on p. 4 ,

Introduction[/QUOTE]
In the College, Career, and Civil Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies Standards the call for students to become more prepared for the challenges of college and career is united with a third element: a preparation for civic life. Advocates of citizenship education cross the political spectrum, but they are bound by a common belief that our democratic republic will not sustain unless students are aware of their changing cultural and physical environments; know the past; read,write, and think deeply; and act in ways that promote the common good. There will always be differing perspectives on these objectives. The goal of knowledgeable, thinking, and active citizens, however is universal. [/QUOTE]
Democratic republic? The term confused me. I knew the term Democratic, as in Democratic Party. I knew the term, republic, as a form of government. But I had never put the terms together.
My mind instantly went to the famous quote by Benjamin Franklin when someone asked him at the close of the Constitutional Convention what form of government do we have - a republic or a monarchy? He replied, "A republic if you can keep it."
I googled democratic republic, truly expecting to find a long list of places where I could find a definition. The first that popped up was Wikipedia,
"A democratic republic[/B] is a country that is both a elections."[/QUOTE]
Okay, I agree with what you're thinking-that's wikipedia and not exactly credible. But that's the problem. There was no other source for a quality definition. So I typed in "democratic republic definition":democratic republic

Web definitions
People's Republic (also Popular Republic, especially in other languages) is a title that has often been used by Marxist-Leninist…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_republic[/QUOTE]
No much better and probably a little worse. So I typed in "democratic republic United States" again expecting a long list of sources to help me out and received no help at all.
I went to World Book…no results found.
I gave up and scrolled the standards to find a definition. I landed in the Civics section on pg. 29 hoping from some clarity and maybe even a definition. I didn't get either one.
"In a constitutional democracy productive civic engagement requires knowledge of the history, principles and foundations of our American democracy.[/QUOTE]
So is the United States a democratic republic, a constitutional democracy, or a democracy?
Ben Franklin called it a Republic, can't we just keep it?

What is a Democratic Republic?

"To the Republic, for which it stands" Constitutional Democracy is equivalent in my mind. It's not associated with communism in any way, in my definition. I've heard that term used on several occasions by some staunch Libertarians by the way. Again, you are trying to put someone in a box, instead of truly trying to understand them. I agree with the right on many points. Some to a larger extent than others. I agree with the left on many points. Some more and some less, just like the right. Both sides have some good points that need to be looked at. Some are good points. Some aren't. It just depends on the point. Both sides go to extremes in making arguments. For example: Many on the left advocate a minimum wage of $9-10 an hour. The right sees some in NYC advocate a $15 an hour wage, or a small minority mention it once or twice for a national MW and then proclaim that "They are nuts! We can't do that for a MW!" When it's clear that the vast majority aren't advocating for the larger number. It's because people want to make the other side look foolish and also because people have knee jerk reactions instead of just talking things out.
This post was edited on 2/24 5:51 AM by BlueRaiderFan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT