ADVERTISEMENT

Not another dime

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Only way we can impact change is with our wallet. Pissing and moaning on here does nothing. Emailing McPhee and Massaro does nothing.

Stop all monetary investment in this university immediately until we see true change.

no more BRAA donations
No more game tickets to ANY sporting event
No more donations
No more signing up for classes with the university (go to another school)
No more watching on TV

not another dime for this university. We stop the flow of money and they will have no choice but to make true change.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
they going to have an built in excuse since it was a last minute game and a season of unknowns. So he will get a pass

Need to stop giving, stop going to games, and stop every possible activity that supports the university.

Nothing we can say or do, except come with enough cash to replace the inept university employees, and I don't know of anyone who will do it.

And MT is also hindered by the State as evidenced by the repeated denial of a law school. These state employees were probably looking for someone to line their pockets in order to approve a MT law school.

Last edited:
Nothing we can say or do except come with enough cash to replace the inept university employees and I don't know of anyone who will do it.

And MT is also hindered by the State as evidenced by the repeated denial of a law school. These state employees were probably looking for someone to line their pockets in order to approve a MT law school.

Law school denial blame rests solely with Seven Wood. No one takes him seriously. Until he's gone, MTSU won't even qualify as an after-thought.

Finally quit giving this year to BRAA, sent back my form with a note about why. Never thought things could get worse than the end of Andys run. But I was wrong. At least he was fun to be around...

I'm from Rutgers forum, but I'm a local Army fan who usually goes to most home games. Keep in mind that Army took Michigan and Oklahoma into double overtimes in recent seasons (September games.) Army's flexbone offense is hard to practice for under normal conditions nevermind all the virus chaos. I've seen good teams like Stanford come to Michie and look lost. Army has been on post practicing since June. I was thrilled to see Middle Tennessee coming to Michie, and was sorry I couldn't go to the stadium on this day. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reactions: C-Bow
I'm from Rutgers forum, but I'm a local Army fan who usually goes to most home games. Keep in mind that Army took Michigan and Oklahoma into double overtimes in recent seasons (September games.) Army's flexbone offense is hard to practice for under normal conditions nevermind all the virus chaos. I've seen good teams like Stanford come to Michie and look lost. Army has been on post practicing since June. I was thrilled to see Middle Tennessee coming to Michie, and was sorry I couldn't go to the stadium on this day. Hope to see you again in the future.

We know Army is a good team. However, WKU did beat them last year. We should not have played as terrible as we did. No excuse. 40 seconds with 2 timeouts left on their goal line. no excuse. 4 (really 5) turnovers. No excuse. Even if we couldn't stop the run, those 2 things should not have happened.

Army has a GREAT coach. We do not. Army was terrible before Monken. He took nothing and turned it into 2 10 win seasons. Our coach clearly has dimentia. He can't count and is staff is even worse. Bad leadership = bad results.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
We know Army is a good team. However, WKU did beat them last year. We should not have played as terrible as we did. No excuse. 40 seconds with 2 timeouts left on their goal line. no excuse. 4 (really 5) turnovers. No excuse. Even if we couldn't stop the run, those 2 things should not have happened.

Army has a GREAT coach. We do not. Army was terrible before Monken. He took nothing and turned it into 2 10 win seasons. Our coach clearly has dimentia. He can't count and is staff is even worse. Bad leadership = bad results.

Monken is a good coach - perefect for an academy (and he coached at Navy with Paul Johnson and Ken Niumatalolo), Unlike most Army coaches. Monken didn't come in intimidated by the military folks. He told them what HE needed and didn't ask what THEY needed. Alas Monken's teams were bad for first three years. What turned team around was recruiting the South. Army had 2 players from Georgia when he got to Army. By year three he had over 25.

Army's best year (2018) began with a shellacking from Duke. I consider opening games meaningless no matter what the score (except for Navy who obviously deserved BYU massacre lol). Players makes mistakes and coaches make mistakes.

I've been going to Army games for a few decades. I saw Army try all sorts of things during the 15 yr famine, where wins were few and Navy always won. Witnessing the turnaround, I can say the main thing was getting a good AD who understood football. It was an AD who killed football back in the 90s, by making Army run a pro offense and by joining CUSA. It took Boo Corrigan (came for Notre Dame) to KNOW HOW to hire the right football coach and to help him get what he needs. It was also key to have a superintendent (Caslen) who played Army football and knew what had to be changed.

That's the key point, things turn around when AD, college president and coach all get on the same page and seek action - no talk talk talk. Everybody wants to get a new coach when things go bad, but it takes more momentum and focus. The first things to change are usually the AD and president decide they want to win football. That's exactly how Rutgers turned around from 2004-12. Schiano was a good coach but he never would have changed Rutgers without a good AD and president.

Recruiting also means more than Xs/Os. Monken runs a great option but it didn't win until he got the horses.

I never saw a lot of MT football, but now that MT has played Army I'll be checking them every week. I like football from states where football is #1. I still follow UTEP close after playing at USMA. Now that's a program with a lot of problems (but a great stadium)

EDIT:

I'm watching the game on Youtube (full game is up) and I think MT just wasn't in good football shape. Pursuit was slow and haphazard, guys looked tired and they were getting hurt more than they should (although Army blocking can be a problem too if DE guys are big but heavy on their feet)

Last edited:
The sad part is CM doesn’t care if we all quit giving money. He will use subsidies and pay games to maintain the status quo as long as his good pal Rick keeps the APR high, doesn’t get in trouble with the NCAA & wins 6 games +\- 1 every year.

He will have excuses built in for this year already (see his tweet about this team already being through a lot) and Stock gets a pass for the season. Next year he wins 5 or 6 games and CM will brag about the improvement from 2019 Given the adversity and give Rick another extension we can’t buy out of that Stock can ride into retirement.

It’s Massaro’s sad Little Middle MO and has been for a decade.

I checked out last year. So much so, that checking the score was an afterthought. I don't need to watch a dumpster fire to know its still burning garbage. I wasn't even the slightest bit upset when I saw the pitiful clock management. My response was more of "yeah that's about right." Maybe when they do get rid of CM and RS, they can also change the name. They have pretty much destroyed any semblance of history that the program had.

Given what we know now (while not removing any responsibility from Stockstill from that Sh*tshow) I wonder how the rift between tony Franklin and Stock played out in that game as opposed to any game played in previous seasons. Were they even talking to each other leading up to the game or during the game?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Your wrong, I/we expect the same outcome. .500 season and a lost bowl game. Pleasantly surprised when we have a top 5 program win like last years bowl game to enjoy.

it’s the journey not the destination. No matter if you give nothing or everything your have proved your still on this ride. You just choose to have an insufferable glass half empty outlook while I am pleasantly surprised sometimes.

I hope we get another 10 win season and blow out memphis in the motor city bowl!

ADVERTISEMENT