ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Non MT : Art Briles OUT at Baylor

AustinLewis

Hall of Famer
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
Art Briles fired for player misconduct. This is big for a few reasons
1) Character counts : Player misconduct can create a social media firestorm than athletic departments (and their respective universities) do not want to handle
2) Art Briles IS Baylor football : They were downright terrible before he was there and he turned Baylor into one of the premier teams in the Big 12
3) His son, Kendall Briles, remains on staff : Kendall had the opportunity to interview for some HC positions during the offseason, IIRC. His father's termination for player misconduct COULD slow down the rise of one of the brightest up-and-coming stars in the coaching profession.

Good for Baylor.

On a side note, UT better watch out. Aren't they under investigation for something like this?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
After hearing many reports about the foolishness that has taken place I lost a lot of respect for Art Briles as a leader of young. I know you can't watch college kids 24/7 but the lack of accountability in that program was disgusting. I would hate to have my daughter(or my son for that matter) around that type of crap. Say what you want about Stock and his coaching record, lack of a marketable personality and his conservative ways but I think we can all say at least he runs a clean program

The NCAA is now looking into the allegations at Baylor. This is going to get messy and it may likely have some long term repercussions. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw some Penn State like punishments (fine, bowl ban, scholarship reductions) and giving every Baylor player and signee the opportunity to look elsewhere is quite possible as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT