ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL No WKU home game scheduled

According to the WKU men's hoops schedule they just released. Now, we could get one in the last five games which are the new games that are announced during the conference season. But right now our game vs WKU is in Bowling Green on Feb 14.

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/...cle_22e56ae6-51b1-5848-b42a-ace13c20c8e2.html

I guess in theory we could have to play them twice in bowling green depending on how those final 4 games shake out. That’s probably unlikely this year. They will be in the top 5 group. If we are in the top 5 this year, CNM should be unanimous coach of the year.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
This thread re-emphasizes that the conference needs to reconsider the travel partners. We should be partners with WKU. Marshall and ODU can travel together and UAB can travel with Charlotte.

Reactions: C-Bow
We appear to be cursed for the upcoming season before it's even begun....

Just waiting for the news to drop that Scurvy isn't eligible this season.

This thread re-emphasizes that the conference needs to reconsider the travel partners. We should be partners with WKU. Marshall and ODU can travel together and UAB can travel with Charlotte.

Exactly. You play everyone once except your travel partner, so now we are stuck with a travel partner much farther away than our common sense one who is actually our biggest rival...

Reactions: Hop45
Hope that was a misspelling but with Wiley who knows?

As for playing WKU in the last four - you gotta be kidding - not this year

Reactions: OliverLBaltz
Hope that was a misspelling but with Wiley who knows?

As for playing WKU in the last four - you gotta be kidding - not this year

I thought so the other times as well but now it's clearly intentional.. the r and y are not in close proximity to the v on my keyboard and auto correct usually leaves capitalization alone..

Reactions: OliverLBaltz

Based on my preliminary expectations for C-USA this season, I would say finishing 7-7 in that 14 game slate would be a very good accomplishment. 6-8 is probably more likely. A winning record would be extremely encouraging, and as I said earlier, if we finished in the top 5 of the league CNM should be coach of the year in C-USA.

My early prediction is:

FIU/FAU homestand: 2 wins

USM/La Tech road trip: 2 losses

UTEP/UTSA homestand: Split

Rice/North Texas road trip: Split

UAB/UAB home and home: Split

Charlotte/ODU homestand: Split

WKU/Marshall road trip: 2 losses

That adds up to 6-8

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Well, Randall if that's true that we can only muster six or seven wins in conference we're looking at 10-18 type season. Non-conf is going to be brutal. Going to be a long year.

Well, Randall if that's true that we can only muster six or seven wins in conference we're looking at 10-18 type season. Non-conf is going to be brutal. Going to be a long year.

Toughest schedule I’ve ever seen us play and the most unproven roster I’ve ever seen us have. I’m optimistic about the future but this season could definitely be a bumpy ride.

Having been a part of the Weil error....I mean era...I can take one or two rebuilding years.

You think the first 9 years of Kermit's years were tough, I had sections to myself as a student when Randy was here.

Having been a part of the Weil error....I mean era...I can take one or two rebuilding years.

You think the first 9 years of Kermit's years were tough, I had sections to myself as a student when Randy was here.

My first year as an undergrad was Wiel's last year. Talk about a lifeless program.

CKD's early years were electrifying compared to Wiel. The first game I ever attended in Murphy Center was a 3OT loss to New Mexico State in Wiel's last year. For some unknown reason, even with the loss and a crowd of about 600 people, I became hooked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT