ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL No Fans for basketball first two weeks

Because of the uncertainty of how many games will actually be missed, decisions regarding potential refunds will be announced at a later date.

That is the final sentence of the linked article. That is bad phrasing. At minimum that should be worded to say, “refunds for tickets purchased for any games played without fans in attendance will be refunded, with processing of those refunds to be initiated at a later date when the final number of effected games is known.”

the way they phrased it makes it sound like they haven’t decided if they will even issue refunds.

I take time out of my work day to do the seat assignment thing to incorporate the social distancing all while wearing a mask. This is a real topper to a Blue Raider fan's frustration. The optics and the stench to this is just another middle finger to this fan base.

Has anyone in the athletic dept publicly addressed the timing of this? Interested to see how they are spinning it.

This is the last announcement regarding fan attendance that I saw from early December stating no fans allowed through the non conference season.

I missed the announcement (I don't think there was one) on the rest of the season, only this casual remark on the wbb games this weekend "Reminder fans will not be allowed entry"

Last edited:
It's this kind of crap that further alienates this fan from this athletic department
Exactly! I admit, I expected them to continue keeping us out but I also expected an announcement giving fans an update. Such little details that are so easy to do, yet are overlooked. The results cause a deeper divide with the fan base (or what is left of it at least). One would think they would care enough to give an update since conference season is merely days away.

GoBlueRaiders.com has the men's games tomorrow and Sat. in Boca postponed.

Da-n, now I'll have to watch FB - NOT - I'll watch the women (unless that is postponed).

Well at least with only 13 or so guys, it won't take a long time to spread through the program like it would with football.

ADVERTISEMENT