ADVERTISEMENT

NIL

To an extent he isn't wrong. When that number three conference he mentions of the B12 pulled teams from your conference, it says something. I've said for years the CFP should include all FBS conference champs. Want to put us against Alabama or Georgia, fine. But all should deserve a shot.

It honestly truly is SEC/B1G against the world. We all know once the ACC grant of rights is challenged or expires, the ACC will be done for.

65k will last about 5 minutes in the NIL pool. The Vols have already committed millions to a quarterback who has yet to take a snap. It’s a brave new world and the Presidents Let it happen. Any school in the country could raise 5m in basketball if they thought they could buy a national championship.in basketball.

Read that Miami Hurricanes basketball players Pack & Wong have individual NIL deals of $800,000 each. Teammate Omier has NIL of only $165,000. Don't know about the rest.
Would like to know NIL package per Final 4 team. Has to be in the millions, well we know Miami is there already. We know FAU has a recent package of $65k in NIL for whole team. When many college teams are in essence paid semi pro's it still stuns me what FAU has done so far.

“College” Football and Basketball as we once knew it are dead. They have created a monster.
First, they lower admission standards, water down degree tracks to fudge APR’s and admit guys who can’t read on a 5th grade level.
Second, now they want to pay the same “student athletes” for playing ball in college when, in my day, they couldn’t qualify for admission and went to trade school or straight to work or got involved in criminal activity.

I ain’t giving a dime to any NIL fund at any school.

Last edited:
I have mixed emotions on it.

I have zero issue with players earning $ from their true "name, image, & likeness". In other words if the star QB wants to do a commercial for the local car dealership or a local restaurant, or sign autographs for $20 a pop at a local gas station opening...then yeah. Absolutely. I always thought it was dumb players couldn't do that. They have earned that right in my book.

I also have zero issues with fans being able to order jerseys with the players' names and them getting a % of that as well. I say kudos to the schools for setting that up.

But I have issues with just straight out paying a player from a giant "collective" fund. Still learning and determining if I agree with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT