ADVERTISEMENT

Newest Lady Raider

Reactions: MTOleBlue
It is obvious she is a great offensive player. I don't remember her defense from the game this year. We know she will have to focus on defense. She probably can do that. I hope it doesn't upset the balance and the teams ability to play together. I am sure that was considered. She seems like she will be a great addition.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
It is obvious she is a great offensive player. I don't remember her defense from the game this year. We know she will have to focus on defense. She probably can do that. I hope it doesn't upset the balance and the teams ability to play together. I am sure that was considered. She seems like she will be a great addition.
I have a feeling she will fit in to the team nicely.

Speaking of newest Lady Raider additions, any word on why player photo's have not been added to team roster list when going to goblueraiders.com? The men have had no problem adding new comers Isiah Lightsy, Jestin Porter, Tre Green, & Trevon Smith. However this entire article is (or was) about C-USA 1st team transfer Savannah Wheeler which began back in April. And we don't have her photo included in team roster yet? Not only that, but our 4 incoming lady freshmen also have names with no faces as of yet. Once again could use excuse the season hasn't started, but that kind of goes out the window when the men are on top of things. However the ladies dept is not. Those rosters aren't just for the fans, it's also for these young ladies, their friends, & families.

As a follow-up to any of the few who read above post. Apologies for possibly coming across negative. Am actually a strong ladies fan since the old Larry Joe Inman days. I think this can be best team since 30 win 2007 team. Coaches have put together best array of talent in decades. If we can put a solid 8 player rotation together this team can win more than one ncaa game. Go Lady Raiders!!

Reactions: subkyle
Rick said Thursday night at the BRAA dinner that this would be the most talented team that he has ever had at MT.
By the way, they put on a great event at Nearest Green in Shelbyville. I would estimate over 1k fans showed up. Free whisky has a way of getting the fan base fired up!

Totally agree. With Boldyreva, Wheeler, Malashka, Gregory, Whitson, & Whittington MT will have 6 players capable of scoring 15 pts or more any given night. I think coach Davis is a diamond in the rough up & coming find. Hope we can hold onto her for a few more years. IMO past undoing has been too many 35 - 38 minute players with minimum substitutions. You can win a mid-major conference doing that, but not in the ncaa tournament. Nations best will take you down when legs turn to spaghetti because of exhaustion. We started improving somewhat on that last year. I think that's thanks to Matt & Coach Davis. If Rick will continue to ease on subbing restrictions to maintain fresh legs then the sky is the limit for these ladies. Ps- Boldyreva barring injury will be next All-American candidate

Rick said Thursday night at the BRAA dinner that this would be the most talented team that he has ever had at MT.
By the way, they put on a great event at Nearest Green in Shelbyville. I would estimate over 1k fans showed up. Free whisky has a way of getting the fan base fired up!

Hope he is right but have heard him say this many times in past years.

ADVERTISEMENT