ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL New thread for 2021 recruits

They are just throwing offers at kids with multiple offers, not impressive. The kids are good but just lazy recruiting as always

They are just throwing offers at kids with multiple offers, not impressive. The kids are good but just lazy recruiting as always
I'm not sure it's fair to call it lazy. These appear to be good prospects and they should be recruiting them.

At this point there does seem to be a lack of urgency in regards to commitments, but that doesn't appear to be uncommon for the rest of the CUSA. Besides UTSA who always loads up with TX kids, other direct competitor schools have a few commits at most.

I'd look for things to start heating up soon now that high schools are starting to open up their summer camps.

I'm not sure it's fair to call it lazy. These appear to be good prospects and they should be recruiting them.

At this point there does seem to be a lack of urgency in regards to commitments, but that doesn't appear to be uncommon for the rest of the CUSA. Besides UTSA who always loads up with TX kids, other direct competitor schools have a few commits at most.

I'd look for things to start heating up soon now that high schools are starting to open up their summer camps.

When I say lazy recruiting is when a kid has 10+ offers and you come I and just threw an offer at the kid.

I really like this kids film. He looks the part for sure. Soft hands, does a great job locating the ball once in the air, and doesn't get jammed at the line. He will be a fringe Power 5 prospect in my opinion, will likely end up at a high level G5 program...hopefully us. His only knock is lack of great top end speed. He isn't slow, but he isn't taking the top off at the FBS level. If he was a 4.4 guy he would be a 4 star player with all the big boys after him. He looks to be more in the 4.6 range from what I can tell.

Reactions: Tyler Pellom
Moving forward, it would help out a lot if you guys went to the prospect's tweet announcing the MTSU offer and give it a simple like or retweet.

Doesn't seem like much but it builds some attention and momentum. It helps more than you think.

What we need is another Dasher.

Don't we already have him? What we need are coaches that will get off their asses and recruit players around him and coaches that will develop the players we do have. I did this before, but here is a comparison to Asher's first season and Dasher's best season. When I posted this previously, I noted Dasher had one extra game and a lot better OL and a supporting rushing attack...

Rating
Ohara: 143.2
Dasher: 125.6

TD/INT Ratio
Ohara: 20/8 (2.5)
Dasher 23/14 (1.6)

Passing Yards
Ohara: 2616 (218 ypg)
Dasher: 2789 (214 ypg)

Total Offense
Ohara: 306 ypg
Dasher: 303 ypg

Completion Pct
Ohara: 61.6%
Dasher: 54.9%

Rushing Yards
Ohara: 1058 (5.3 ypc)
Dasher 1154 (5.2 ypc)

Last edited:
Interesting that we offered a kid of this caliber so late. We usually seem to offer these guys right out of the gate. I wonder if the staff thinks they have a chance with him.

Just throwing offers and wasting time..... just going down the rivals list of players and offering.....smh

Just throwing offers and wasting time..... just going down the rivals list of players and offering.....smh
Lol you seem to want to have it both ways.

You’ve complained when they offer someone with no rating and no stars and then complain when they offer a 4 star with offers from every school in the country.

The fact of the matter is they watch film, talk to the kid and school, then offer when they feel it makes sense. This idea the coaching staff isn’t doing the work is crazy.

Lol you seem to want to have it both ways.

You’ve complained when they offer someone with no rating and no stars and then complain when they offer a 4 star with offers from every school in the country.

The fact of the matter is they watch film, talk to the kid and school, then offer when they feel it makes sense. This idea the coaching staff isn’t doing the work is crazy.

Man, stop. This kid ain't coming here and giving BS offers just for the hell of it is not recruiting. This kid only has 2 other G5 offers and one is local. This staff is not working like they should and haven't in a while. They piss poor recruit GA now, since Beebe left. The South and Central Florida connection has been poorly recruited as well. I can go on and on. I coach here in GA and I'm very connected in the recruiting circles. It has been stated they are very hard to get in touch with and difficult to deal with sending guys information in. So these kids they don't even look at move on to other G5 schools and some low level P5. I don't drink the Kool Aid, they are working. That's why you see many guys commit when it's there only offer or only FBS offer.

Man, stop. This kid ain't coming here and giving BS offers just for the hell of it is not recruiting. This kid only has 2 other G5 offers and one is local. This staff is not working like they should and haven't in a while. They piss poor recruit GA now, since Beebe left. The South and Central Florida connection has been poorly recruited as well. I can go on and on. I coach here in GA and I'm very connected in the recruiting circles. It has been stated they are very hard to get in touch with and difficult to deal with sending guys information in. So these kids they don't even look at move on to other G5 schools and some low level P5. I don't drink the Kool Aid, they are working. That's why you see many guys commit when it's there only offer or only FBS offer.
I’m not going to argue with you that things are perfect. everyone is irritated because the program has basically been .500 for the last decade but, again, the coaching staff can only do so much from a prospect evaluation standpoint.

Evaluate the prospect, make an offer. Recruit.

Complaining they are too early or too late on every prospect is redundant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT