ADVERTISEMENT
So tennis gets 2 new facilities (one built, the 2nd announced) before improvements in any football facility?

Reactions: mtfblue
So tennis gets 2 new facilities (one built, the 2nd announced) before improvements in any football facility?

It's not funded in house. Looks like outside donations/projects that will fund the new facility.

So, yes, Tennis gets facilities first because we cannot afford any in-house football facility upgrades.

Tennis program gets it. They win and they have a coach who actually gets out and raises their own funds. Novel idea if you ask me…..

Maybe he should be the AD?.. 🤔
This is it. Tennis HC actively builds relationships with the MT community at large (and this includes Murfreesboro).

Tennis program gets it. They win and they have a coach who actually gets out and raises their own funds. Novel idea if you ask me…..

Maybe he should be the AD?.. 🤔

Tennis coach won't be here long if he's doing those types of things

Reactions: crclarke55
I wonder how much influence Dale Short has with the tennis program and Turnbow has with the golf program?

Baseball dropped off a few years before John Stanford passed away and hasn't recovered.

subscriber article in the DNJ

excerpt:

... According to MTSU athletics director Chris Massaro, it's only the beginning of planned improvements to the athletic village area. Among those are a new Student Athlete Performance Center and also improvements to both Floyd Stadium and Murphy Center.

"It's next on the list," Massaro told the DNJ of the Student Athletic Performance Center. "It's all about improving the aesthetics of that corner of campus, which I think is really important to the university and our athletics department. Hopefully by mid-fall we can announce some progress on that particular project."

"Hopefully by mid-fall we can announce some progress on that particular project."

So on the calendar that should be around Halloween...

subscriber article in the DNJ

excerpt:

... According to MTSU athletics director Chris Massaro, it's only the beginning of planned improvements to the athletic village area. Among those are a new Student Athlete Performance Center and also improvements to both Floyd Stadium and Murphy Center.

"It's next on the list," Massaro told the DNJ of the Student Athletic Performance Center. "It's all about improving the aesthetics of that corner of campus, which I think is really important to the university and our athletics department. Hopefully by mid-fall we can announce some progress on that particular project."
Believe it when I see ground broken. They made these promises 7-8 years ago and nothing. Assuming they do I can only hope it’s a vast improvement on the other train wrecks they’ve done.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT