ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING NC State Transfer QB Bailey Hockman Picks MT

A lefty. Kind of reminds me of someone else, but I can't quite put my finger on who..........very highly regarded coming out of high school. Welcome to The Boro!!

Reactions: C-Bow
This kid was a big time recruit out of high school. Think he went to NC State after Jimbo left FSU.

He’s very much Brent Stockstill 2.0. Obviously a bit bigger. Maybe a bit more accurate but lacks a real deep ball level of arm strength.

All things considered though, great pickup. He should put up numbers against CUSA defenses..

Article I just read said he was originally a Georgia commit, but changed to FSU after Georgia had their coaching change.

How much eligibility left?

Hey this is good. We needed to upgrade at the position, so this is good for the program. Keep adding those portal players! We need them.

Looking at the other programs he had offers from is very strong! So this could be a great pickup for MT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders_55
NC State QB Bailey Hockman to enter transfer portal

RALEIGH — NC State quarterback Bailey Hockman will enter the transfer portal just days after a 23-21 loss to Kentucky in the Gator Bowl.

Hockman, a Florida State transfer who led the Wolfpack to four straight wins in the regular season and finished the year with 2,088 yards, 13 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, announced on social media Wednesday that he was leaving the program.

"I wish nothing but the best for you guys and enjoyed spending countless hours grinding and bonding," he wrote in a note on Twitter. "Relationships that will last a lifetime."

Hockman, a Georgia native, threw three interceptions in the bowl game loss to Kentucky and did not make a strong case to be the team's starter next season.

Devin Leary, who broke his leg in October, will be frontrunner for the job heading into the 2021 season. Freshman quarterback Ben Finley is also expected to return. The Wolfpack picked up Aaron McLaughlin, a 4-star quarterback out of Georgia, during the early signing period in December.

"I think everything matters. There’s not going to be anything that’s overlooked. If I go out there and play bad, then maybe it goes the other way or whatever it is," Hockman told media before the Gator Bowl.

He's the ninth NC State player to enter the transfer portal since the end of the regular season. Wherever Hockman lands, this will be the fourth college of his football career after stints at FSU, NC State and Hutchinson Community College in Hutchinson, Kansas.

Last edited:
I wonder if CJ Windham had a roll in getting him here, since he was a teammate at Mcchecran.

To echo Sommy's question, how many years eligibility does he have left?
Unless he redshirted at FSU, I think this is his last year.

"this will be the fourth college of his football career after stints at FSU, NC State and Hutchinson Community College "

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Wow - his 4th college. That's today's mentality I guess. You didn't see this 20 years ago.

Hey - it's good for MT, but this is pretty sad that people bounce around colleges like this.

The head of the snake is still here and barely .500 after 15 seasons. This bunch is so much like the last three years of Tommy West at Memphis that it’s sad. The only difference with these transfers is that using the transfer portal, they are eligible immediately without having to go the JUCO route. Tommy loaded up the roster with JUCO transfers and even had a Div. II QB. Sound familiar? Another high school “4-star QB” he signed, who transferred from Wash. St., threw a pick 6 with 11 seconds remaining (tied 35-35) in a home loss to Rice in 2008. The Tigers finished 6-7. The next year he went 2-10. It took 4 more seasons, 2 new head coaches, a new President and a new AD to clean up the wreckage.
I’ll go on record right now that I will be shocked if they win more than 4 games next season.

Nothing has changed in Murfreesboro. Absolutely.......Nothing.
(94-92), (2-6)

Last edited:
I’ll go on record right now that I will be shocked if they win more than 4 games next season.
I can't disagree with your win/loss prediction but since Rick has had better luck with FBS and grad transfers than JUCO players, I think the portal transfers will improve the roster.

That said, just as better talent hasn't produced better results for Insell, I'm afraid that might be the case for for Stockstill too.

I can't disagree with your win/loss prediction but since Rick has had better luck with FBS and grad transfers than JUCO players, I think the portal transfers will improve the roster.

That said, just as better talent hasn't produced better results for Insell, I'm afraid that might be the case for for Stockstill too.
Right now we have 3 OOC games scheduled that I can find online and they are all Away. Va Tech (L), Liberty (L), and UCONN (W) are my predictions. I assume we will schedule an FCS opponent to be our 4th OOC game and that will most likely be a win. So 2-2 OOC going into conference play. I predict 6-6 and we lose our bowl game.

Right now we have 3 OOC games scheduled that I can find online and they are all Away. Va Tech (L), Liberty (L), and UCONN (W) are my predictions. I assume we will schedule an FCS opponent to be our 4th OOC game and that will most likely be a win. So 2-2 OOC going into conference play. I predict 6-6 and we lose our bowl game.
Just like our President, AD and Coaches, our fans play it right down the Middle! 😂👍
We are MIDDLE Tennessee State University!

We could have all 5 stars, play an FCS schedule and still go 6 and 6 with this coaching staff.

If we have a 4th O-O-C game slot open, Massaro probably should be feeling some financial pressure to sign a revenue game that will pay a million plus dollars, hopefully closer to two million. Screw a 6-6 record in 2021. I think most fans think that's a pipe dream anyway, certainly a best case scenario with everything 'bouncing' right. Schedule a top ten p5 for the money.

If we have a 4th O-O-C game slot open, Massaro probably should be feeling some financial pressure to sign a revenue game that will pay a million plus dollars, hopefully closer to two million. Screw a 6-6 record in 2021. I think most fans think that's a pipe dream anyway, certainly a best case scenario with everything 'bouncing' right. Schedule a top ten p5 for the money.

THIS. I read an article the other day thst this whole season will see change in how teams schedule with regards to P5 playing more conference games and teams scheduling OOC opponents that are closer geographically. Even some conference realignment. One line said this year proved you don't have to schedule games years in advance anymore.

We need to get the money while we still can.

Satire.....after all. Stock says we can lose all our OOC games and our goals are still reachable. 🙄

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I don’t think Stock has a care in the world except where to eat out when he retires to his new home off 30A in a year or two.
With a contract like his, he’ll continue to recruit online from the transfer portal, do his show online only after wins (no questions) and play anyone, anywhere with no repercussions.

Meanwhile, the student body will continue to feed the black hole in Murphy Center with their activity fees even if they don’t want to attend any intercollegiate sports events. Go Blue!

We miss you, Wiley.😢

Reactions: Hop45 and MT Glenn
ADVERTISEMENT