ADVERTISEMENT

Navient

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
Is being sued for gaming the student loan system. It shouldn't be a surprise to any of you that actually care to take the time to read the articles that I post. Join Student Loan Justice on Facebook and at StudentLoanJustice.Org.

Navient
  • Members of the American Federation of Teachers have brought a lawsuit against Navient, one of the country's largest student loan servicers.
  • The plaintiffs claim the company steered them away from debt relief and provided them with false information.
Annie Nova | @AnnieReporter
Published 23 Hours Ago Updated 20 Hours AgoCNBC.com
105429179-1535941930987gettyimages-944750078.530x298.jpeg

Hero Images | Getty Images
Members of the American Federation of Teachers, the second-largest teachers union in the United States, announced on Wednesday a lawsuit against student loan servicer Navient, alleging the company deceived borrowers and prevented them from accessing debt relief.

"Navient has purposely and systematically trapped teachers, nurses and other public service workers under a mountain of student debt instead of providing them with accurate information about their loan options," said Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers.

The lawsuit centers on Navient's handling of the public service loan forgiveness program, which allows certain not-for-profit and government employees to have their federal student loans canceled after 10 years of on-time payments. The nine plaintiffs are composed of teachers, professors and other public servants, and the lawsuit seeks to become a class action

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/03/members-of-the-american-federation-of-teachers.html

I have read every single article you've sent. But while these orgs may be corrupt, its up to the buyer of the credit to KNOW their options.

I just sat down with a young lady at our church. She just graduated with 56K in debt making a starting salary of only 30K. We have been discussing what loan payback option is best...what frustrates me is I know more than she does, all I've done is goggle student loan payoff options.

Its sad these companies take advantage of folks, and when we find it they should be dealt with.

In my opinion all you are doing is deflecting from the topic at hand and enabling these jerks. One person not knowing their options has little to do with what I posted. These people referenced and interviewed for that article knew their options and exercised them and they got screwed. This isn't the only scam going on within the system. Let's try and focus on the issue at hand, not deflect to one random issue you've had with a lady at church. Even if you have had several issues with people, it only serves to aid the perpetrators of these things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT