ADVERTISEMENT

Nailed it 5 Stayin' Alive!

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
66187502_582751055464928_4343140486710558720_n.jpg

wall street should not have gotten a bail out and foreign aid (kick-backs to congress) should not be given either.

I'd be happy if congress stopped lining their pockets with kickbacks

When congress (or how about AOC???) starts talking about removing the tax exempt status from the NFL, I'll believe they want to do the right thing... until then, I expect them to continue passing bad legislation that takes money out of our pockets.

The NFL is most likely lining Congressional pockets. AOC, and the rest of her ilk, ain't gonna say a thing.

Last edited:
When congress (or how about AOC???) starts talking about removing the tax exempt status from the NFL, I'll believe they want to do the right thing... until then, I expect them to continue passing bad legislation that takes money out of our pockets.

The NFL is most likely lining Congressional pockets. AOC, and the rest of her ilk, ain't gonna say a thing.

Congress has been and continues to line the pockets of the wealthy, but the bubba brigade lets Faux News convince them that the wealthy need lower taxes. So, many go without insurance, proper vacation, etc. Keep drinking the koolaid.

Congress has been and continues to line the pockets of the wealthy, but the bubba brigade lets Faux News convince them that the wealthy need lower taxes
What broke libs can't seem to understand is that the wealthy never have and never will pay taxes. The wealthy put people in office and take them out when they get out of line. Besides that, the politicians become wealthy while in office so they aren't gonna raise taxes on themselves.

It doesn't matter what the non-wealthy want or what they believe - the only thing that ever changes is the amount of money the non-wealthy pay in taxes.

Last edited:
We've never had high taxes on the wealthy... during the depression the highest bracket was 90% but the wealthiest were not paying that.

The super rich avoid high tax brackets. People who work for paychecks pay more taxes.

Super rich that do not work pay capital gains taxes, I disagree that the wealthy don't pay taxes. 90% of the rich are first generation rich which means they earned it. The numbers are plain to see...

What BRF fails to see is that the wealthy have choices and can move - such as all the folks leaving the Northeast for Florida. The other "truth" is that even when taxes were at much higher rates that didn't mean the govt took in more money - go back and look at the revenue increases into the treasury from personal taxes over time - its always increasing unless a recession hits.

But know this, the rich have NEVER paid more in actual dollars or % of dollars actually collected than they do now. So if the govt wants to keep squeezing them I wonder what will happen over time?

Not true. They haven't always gotten around it.
There are many ways to lower and/or avoid taxes. You only pay capital gains if you sell for profit - if you sell at all... you have off shore accounts, LLC, Nevada corps (set up by the mob) rule 1256, etc.

Heck, you can't buy a sick of gum without paying tax but the point is that the wealthy have never paid a tax rate that is equivalent to what the average worker pays and Congress will never truly raise taxes on the wealthy (there will always be plenty of shelters and loopholes) because they are wealthy too and they ain't gonna raise taxes on themselves.

Last edited:
From a friend of mine in Canada:

"Perspective...I'm sick, really sick in Florida. For sure bronchitis, maybe pneumonia. This is the first time in 15 years I'm hesitant to go to the hospital. That's because I emigrated to Canada about then - you know the place with world class health care provided by our tax dollars. No wonder Canadians live longer than our American neighbors (unless they're/we're traveling in the US )."

I love rich people. I want to be one.

You want to use our roads, air traffic control, etc and not contribute to the healthcare of this worker's you exploit? Maybe you'll be one of the few that understands you have to continue to the extent that though gain.

I don't think the rich are bad. Not any worse than those that are indigent. All have sinned...

The rich do provide opportunities and the framework to make money.

There is a transmission shop right down the street that is willing to train anyone...ANYONE right off the street with no experience with health insurance and 50k starting salary. The owner told me that he can't find anyone willing to learn or work. I don't know if he is rich or not but he is trying to employ anyone while providing a decent salary for NO experience.

Doesn't sound like the big bad wolf you make people out to be.

Unless the indigent have a physical or mental illness, there is opportunity everywhere in America to be successful. If there is a proven mental or physical illness then anything that the gov't can do to help their life should be exhausted in my books.

Last edited:
there is opportunity everywhere in America to be successful
Yes it is.

I know a guy who, raised in government housing, was sent to prison at 19 for making meth. He spent around 10 years in the pen and got his GED. When he got out he went to work as a plumbers helper until he learned from a friend how to fix scratches on cars.

He has been working with a handful of car lots around Murfreesboro for about 10 years. He works 6 days a week and tells me that he bills out over 100K every year.

On the flip side, I have a cousin who was raised by two loving parents. He went to vandy on an academic scholarship. He then spent the next 20 years working as a handy man in the virgin islands. He is 48 years old, broke, and now back in Murfeesboro. He recently started working at a local vet office and says he wants to be a vet tech.

Some people make the most of their opportunities. Other people make excuses.

You want to use our roads, air traffic control, etc and not contribute to the healthcare of this worker's you exploit? Maybe you'll be one of the few that understands you have to continue to the extent that though gain.

I think John is a fan of the constitution.

“The powers not delegated to the US by the constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the state’s respectively or to the people “

Since the constitution doesn’t mention providing health care, then it sounds like those powers are reserved to the state or people. Since you don’t like how it’s going with the people handling it, I fully support petitioning your state to provide and fund a healthcare program for individuals in that state.

I think John is a fan of the constitution.

“The powers not delegated to the US by the constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the state’s respectively or to the people “

Since the constitution doesn’t mention providing health care, then it sounds like those powers are reserved to the state or people. Since you don’t like how it’s going with the people handling it, I fully support petitioning your state to provide and fund a healthcare program for individuals in that state.

General welfare is enumerated and in the preamble, no matter how much you quote Jefferson et al and the Supreme Court has ruled on it.

ADVERTISEMENT