ADVERTISEMENT

Nailed it 2...Electric Boogaloo

No I am not. I am not okay with anyone dying. Abortion is not something anyone has to do. Women have a choice not to do it. I do not want anyone to do that. Women die from legal abortions too. According to some numbers almost as often.

You are okay with legal abortion. Meaning you are okay with ending a life. I am not for abortion legal or otherwise. Therefore I am not okay with women dying from them. Legal or not.

Some women don't have a choice. It's their life vs destroying an embryo. You are ok with them going through a dangerous and sometimes deadly procedure to save their life and they sometimes die from it. Everyone is entitled to medical procedures when their life is in danger. So you are in fact ok with ending a life.

mail

Some women don't have a choice. It's their life vs destroying an embryo. You are ok with them going through a dangerous and sometimes deadly procedure to save their life and they sometimes die from it. Everyone is entitled to medical procedures when their life is in danger. So you are in fact ok with ending a life.
No if a woman's life is in danger because of the pregnancy that is different. Of course depending on how far along in the pregnancy they are and other factors, induced labor or a c-section may be possible alternatives. That way no lives have to be ended. An embryo is also a life, but in most cases if there is danger to the mother it is an ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is a complication of pregnancy in which the embryo attaches outside the uterus. In those cases the embryo most likely will not survive anyway (unless successfully implanted inside the uterus) and not really considered an abortion. There may be some other rare instances where the life of the mother is in danger and they should be decided between the woman and her doctor. I assure you if the woman's life were truly in danger because of a pregnancy she would not be getting a back alley abortion because she would be in a hospital. Nice try though.

Last edited:
No I am okay with doing a procedure that saves the life of the mother, but also tries to save the child if possible. If that is not possible but an attempt was made to save both lives it is not an abortion.

The fetus may not survive the procedure, but at least an attempt was made.

So, if an abortion is required to save the mother, you are opposed to it and would allow the mother to die instead.

Thanks, doc. Glad you know all about it.
For all you know I am a doctor. I am just saying there is a difference between performing a procedure to save the mother that likely results in the death of a fetus and purposefully killing the fetus to save the mother.

For all you know I am a doctor. I am just saying there is a difference between performing a procedure to save the mother that likely results in the death of a fetus and purposefully killing the fetus to save the mother.

If it's her or the fetus, she has a right to self defense. By the way, I would have known if you were a doctor because you would have played that card a long time ago.

I would not need to. You were so unprepared for an intelligent debate it was easy. Also I am not saying not to favor a procedure that saves the life of the mother first. Just attempt to save the baby as well. If not possible at least you tried and saved one life. Saving two is always better than one.

I do not play cards, but you are right I am not a medical doctor. Not that it would matter if I were.

You certainly don't care what doctors say because there are definitely times when the only way to save the mother is to abort the fetus.

You certainly don't care what doctors say because there are definitely times when the only way to save the mother is to abort the fetus.
If there is 0% chance to save the life of the fetus like in an ectopic pregnancy (implanted outside the uterus) then saving the mother is what they should do. An abortion is when the fetus is purposely killed when it could develop and be born. If they cannot attempt to insert the embryo into the uterus then they have no choice. In that case the fetus will not survive either way. It endangers the mother for no reason to not remove the fetus. It is not the same as abortion. Also if the only reason for the abortion is the life of the mother that assumes she wants to keep the baby. In that case they should try to save both. If that is not possible it is better to save the mother than lose both. Save both lives if you can, but if you cannot save the mother. There are also doctors that say there is no medical reason to abort to save the mother.

Another instance would be the amniotic fluid for some reason draining from the uterus. One such instance happened where all the amniotic fluid was gone and they had to do an emergency delivery. The baby died some days later. They removed the baby to save the mother and attempted to save the baby even though the chances were low. Again not the same as ending a life on purpose. I would be fine with “abortion” only in those instances because most of the time the fetus will not survive. You do not have ti be a doctor to do research.

If there is 0% chance to save the life of the fetus like in an ectopic pregnancy (implanted outside the uterus) then saving the mother is what they should do. An abortion is when the fetus is purposely killed when it could develop and be born. If they cannot attempt to insert the embryo into the uterus then they have no choice. In that case the fetus will not survive either way. It endangers the mother for no reason to not remove the fetus. It is not the same as abortion. Also if the only reason for the abortion is the life of the mother that assumes she wants to keep the baby. In that case they should try to save both. If that is not possible it is better to save the mother than lose both. Save both lives if you can, but if you cannot save the mother. There are also doctors that say there is no medical reason to abort to save the mother.

Another instance would be the amniotic fluid for some reason draining from the uterus. One such instance happened where all the amniotic fluid was gone and they had to do an emergency delivery. The baby died some days later. They removed the baby to save the mother and attempted to save the baby even though the chances were low. Again not the same as ending a life on purpose. I would be fine with “abortion” only in those instances because most of the time the fetus will not survive. You do not have ti be a doctor to do research.

It's knowingly taking a life and you are fine with it.

It's knowingly taking a life and you are fine with it.
Okay man. Twist my words to fit your narrative. I am okay with saving one life over losing two lives. Any reasonable person who read what I wrote would see that is what I mean. Either way the main point is attempting to save both lives if possible. You are clearly not someone who has an open mind to other viewpoints.

Also on your gun comments percentages is not playing games with data. Ignoring certain data that does not fit your narrative is. That shows the majority of people are killed with pistols. VA Tech mass shooting 32 people killed using two pistols. I am all for doing something to prevent these things from happening, but nothing proposed would have done that in most of these situations. Trump banned bumpstocks after the Vegas shooting which I agree with completely. 99%+ of gun owners and even owners of "assault rifles" will never shoot anyone with them.

On another note stop being so partisan. The Democrats do not care about you any more than the Republicans do. In 1-5 years Trump will not be President anymore and we will likely have a Democrat. Democrats and Republicans will flip their roles and we will do this all over again. Republicans will say the Democrat is ruining our "Democracy" and the Democrats will defend the President no matter what. The day-to-day lives of most Americans will be impacted very little by who the President is. Neither side is evil and neither side wants to ruin anything. Most people want the same outcomes. We just disagree how to achieve those outcomes.

You're making the assumption that I'm a standard left supporter. That I'm satisfied with the current regime on the left and I'm not. Sanders, AOC, and others like them are not standard leftists. I don't support HRC et al either than to say that they are better than Conservatives and that they still don't go far enough in a country where we have mass shootings, not no healthcare to cover the victims.

Not making that assumption. I know you support Bernie and AOC over Hillary which is fine. I can respect that even if I disagree with some policies. We may agree more than you think. We just happened to discuss something we do not.

I'm not twisting anything, pal. Often it is the choice of HER life or the fetus and YOU want to make the choice for her. It's her body that something is growing inside of and her body is none of your business and it never will be.

I'm not twisting anything, pal. Often it is the choice of HER life or the fetus and YOU want to make the choice for her. It's her body that something is growing inside of and her body is none of your business and it never will be.
Never said you were twisting anything. It is not often a choice of her life or the fetus. It is actually rarely that choice. You can believe whatever you want, but don't put words in my mouth. Also if you want to make the argument I cannot decide what a woman does with her body you need to realize that means you cannot be agains them doing any drug they want to or prostituting THEIR body if they want. You may be okay with that and if you are that would be consistent. I am one that thinks a woman or man can do whatever they want with their body. I just don't see it as just their body when they are pregnant. You think different.

I do support drug legalization and to treat it as a health issue, but the for profit prison system didn't see it my way. I also support regulated prostitution. It's going to happen anyway... May as well regulate it and tax it. By the way, I think you should get your junk fixed. I wouldn't want a baby to come to harm. I support my right over your body.

I do support drug legalization and to treat it as a health issue, but the for profit prison system didn't see it my way. I also support regulated prostitution. It's going to happen anyway... May as well regulate it and tax it. By the way, I think you should get your junk fixed. I wouldn't want a baby to come to harm. I support my right over your body.
What?

All of that does not describe me or most men. Lumping all men together is like saying all muslims are terrorists when one commits an act of terrorism or all mentally insane are violent when one commits an act of violence. Also a tweet of someone’s opinion is hardly an argument.

All of that does not describe me or most men. Lumping all men together is like saying all muslims are terrorists when one commits an act of terrorism or all mentally insane are violent when one commits an act of violence. Also a tweet of someone’s opinion is hardly an argument.

Using one study in an argument is hardly an argument, but you did it.

ADVERTISEMENT