ADVERTISEMENT

NACDA Standings

The only way mASSaro is leaving here is in a coffin. Further proof of the Memphis block though.

The only way mASSaro is leaving here is in a coffin. Further proof of the Memphis block though.
Memphis doesn't give two sh$%s about MT. They did not block nor will they block MT from an invite to the AAC.
The only thing keeping MT from any consideration is the sad and sorry state of our entire athletic department. We are no threat to anyone.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Memphis doesn't give two sh$%s about MT. They did not block nor will they block MT from an invite to the AAC.
The only thing keeping MT from any consideration is the sad and sorry state of our entire athletic department. We are no threat to anyone.
Uh, you are wrong sir. Memphis has voted against us during their time in CUSA and has done so while in the AAC. As soon as Memphis leaves, we will get a call. I hope we don't. AAC will be a crap show in 2 years. Give the Memphis AD and president a call and ask them if they support MT being in the same conference as them. See what happens. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT Glenn
Collectively, as a program, we are the best in the conference. We have the most titles. Yes, football is king and we are in the "middle" there but the only other program close to us in the conference is WKU. So the 2 best are staying in CUSA and the worst teams collectively are leaving.

Memphis also blocked us from getting a law school. Along with the pumpkin school in the east.

Uh, you are wrong sir. Memphis has voted against us during their time in CUSA and has done so while in the AAC. As soon as Memphis leaves, we will get a call. I hope we don't. AAC will be a crap show in 2 years. Give the Memphis AD and president a call and ask them if they support MT being in the same conference as them. See what happens. LOL.
MT has never been considered, much less invited to the AAC during their existence so there has never been a vote to block.
No need to call Dr. Rudd as I have already had that conversation with him. Trust me, MT was the last thing on his mind and I'm sure the new President will feel the same.
If only SM had half the desire Dr. Rudd has for his university to succeed in all departments we would more than likely have a law school and a much better athletic department.
The lack of leadership at MT is our issue. Not other Tennessee universities.

I agree about the law school political hack job and the list of “nay” voters is pretty damning. That said, our Football and Basketball decline in winning, support and attendance over the last decade has definitely been self-inflicted.

Link:
“MTSU Law School Shutout”
Definitely the law school was blocked by UM and UT. It exposed our leadership for what it is, very weak and not connected.

MT has never been considered, much less invited to the AAC during their existence so there has never been a vote to block.
No need to call Dr. Rudd as I have already had that conversation with him. Trust me, MT was the last thing on his mind and I'm sure the new President will feel the same.
If only SM had half the desire Dr. Rudd has for his university to succeed in all departments we would more than likely have a law school and a much better athletic department.
The lack of leadership at MT is our issue. Not other Tennessee universities.
MT was definitely considered in this last round of invites. I have talked to people as well. Memphis had a say so. Once Memphis leaves, we will get a call which is why Massaro declined the MAC invite. He WAS TOLD TO. Y'all can say whatever. Like I said, I hope we don't go there. It will be CUSA in 2 years.

Memphis got ignored for the Big12 so I wouldn't be putting that AD or pres on your shoulders yet either. Trust me, Memphis is not happy about the new AAC either. Those teams will weigh them down like they did us.

MT was definitely considered in this last round of invites. I have talked to people as well. Memphis had a say so. Once Memphis leaves, we will get a call which is why Massaro declined the MAC invite. He WAS TOLD TO. Y'all can say whatever. Like I said, I hope we don't go there. It will be CUSA in 2 years.

Memphis got ignored for the Big12 so I wouldn't be putting that AD or pres on your shoulders yet either. Trust me, Memphis is not happy about the new AAC either. Those teams will weigh them down like they did us.
if reports of AZ St, AZ, Colorado and Utah going to the Big12 are true, Memphis will be in the AAC for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
if reports of AZ St, AZ, Colorado and Utah going to the Big12 are true, Memphis will be in the AAC for the foreseeable future.
A conference with Utah, BYU, UCF and Cinci will help them keep their Power status. That would be a nice conference. I remember UTAH, TCU and BYU in the Mtn West and it was a fierce conference.

Definitely the law school was blocked by UM and UT. It exposed our leadership for what it is, very weak and not connected.

tsu-nashville was granted permission to pursue a law school. tsu-murfreesboro is allowed to add undergrad programs (meharry fast-track) that benefit tsu-nashville

Reading these posts is a real downer pushing me to go “all in” on Belmont Basketball in The Valley and say to heck with college football. 😂
ive often wondered this same thing. I LOVE football dont get me wrong. but if we got rid of it and put the might of an atheltic department behind basketball as the lead sport id be all for it. We'll never compete for NATTY in football but multiple non football schools have made runs to the final four. All that being said, it'll never happen.

ive often wondered this same thing. I LOVE football dont get me wrong. but if we got rid of it and put the might of an atheltic department behind basketball as the lead sport id be all for it. We'll never compete for NATTY in football but multiple non football schools have made runs to the final four. All that being said, it'll never happen.
I’d be massively disappointed if we dropped football. One of the main reasons I decided on MT over Lipscomb, Belmont, Trevecca and TSU was we have an FBS team.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT