ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MTSU/Vanderbilt roll call

I hope ticket sales start picking up because right now it doesn't look like we will even have 7000 at the game. And, as others have said, there's no excuse for that. We had tens of thousands of folks in the Murfreesboro area so excited and proud after we beat Michigan State... it's all about connecting to those people and getting them there. We have the fans to have a standing room only game this Thursday. Will it happen?
It appears they haven't even opened up the general admission bleachers yet. Seats are still available in Sections C, D, F, G, H, J, K, M, N, O, P. I got two great end of row seats on Row 9 in SEC G.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
It appears they haven't even opened up the general admission bleachers yet. Seats are still available in Sections C, D, F, G, H, J, K, M, N, O, P. I got two great end of row seats on Row 9 in SEC G.
Hopefully it kicks up over the next few days, but it's very disappointing to see so many seats still available especially with the team being 8-1. I'm sure Vandy being pretty bad this year is contributing to some of the lukewarm interest. If we were playing Creighton, NC State, Oklahoma, West Virginia or someone else who had a real team we'd probably be sold out by now. Guess that comes with the territory when you play Vandy... lol

Friend of mine bought in C. Section D was full, they said.
By the way, you have to be at a certain BRAA level to buy below the 11th row.

Friend of mine bought in C. Section D was full, they said.
By the way, you have to be at a certain BRAA level to buy below the 11th row.
Only one single seat left in Section D online. Good sign, if D is full! I think the centercourt sections will be very full.

Well, I know you didn't ask... but I read your mind before you posted and already looked it up a few minutes ago. The three years prior to 2011-12 we averaged right around 3,600 each year with smaller crowds being the rule, not the exception (the UT game at Bridgestone in 2009 with 14,000 and at home in 2008 with 11,000 skewed the numbers). In 2008-09, our Senior Day crowd was 1,104.

That 1,104 crowd was not Senior Day. That was for a first round Sun Belt Tournament game against Arkansas State. That game was not included in the season ticket package, so the 1,104 was a true turnstile count for that game. That MT team was one of just a couple of CKD coached teams that did not peak at tournament time, and a late season slump forced the Raiders to play a first round game rather than going straight to Hot Springs. Therefore, fan engagement was not high for that opening round game at Murphy Center.

The final regular season home game that year (Senior Day) was a loss to WKU in front of a crowd of 5,128.

My guess is the season ticket base is somewhere between 2,500 and 3,500. Unfortunately, I think it has probably been in that neighborhood for the last several seasons.

If that's the case, I'm glad I already printed my tickets online. I'm in G on the baseline. Row 9
I think it's true for the midcourt sections (D, E, F on the "home" side and N, O, P on the "away"). Yes, good that there are some lower seats still open in the baseline areas. Glad you got some nice seats!

And yes you are correct Randall... I had forgotten about us having to play that "first round" game. Thank goodness CUSA doesn't do that.

Should be a great game. No reason we should lose against Vanderbilt. Praying we avoid the let down.

I think it's true for the midcourt sections (D, E, F on the "home" side and N, O, P on the "away"). Yes, good that there are some lower seats still open in the baseline areas. Glad you got some nice seats!

And yes you are correct Randall... I had forgotten about us having to play that "first round" game. Thank goodness CUSA doesn't do that.
Best deal in town for a good college basketball game. Similar seats at FedExForum would cost me $125 a piece and a $10,000 minimum donation. Go Blue Raiders!

Best deal in town for a good college basketball game. Similar seats at FedExForum would cost me $125 a piece and a $10,000 minimum donation. Go Blue Raiders!
Damn right! $20 per ticket for a great game with an RPI Top 10 team facing a local team is a great deal. Tickets have been selling very well today from what I've seen. Lower bowl is starting to near capacity... Only a few single seats left along the midcourt sections (D, F, N, O, P). Looks better than UAB last year at this point so I will say at least 8000 will show up on Thursday.

Damn right! $20 per ticket for a great game with an RPI Top 10 team facing a local team is a great deal. Tickets have been selling very well today from what I've seen. Lower bowl is starting to near capacity... Only a few single seats left along the midcourt sections (D, F, N, O, P). Looks better than UAB last year at this point so I will say at least 8000 will show up on Thursday.

My pessimistic prediction is that lack of student turnout will put a damper on attendance. I'd like to think there are at least 1,000 - 1,500 students that would delay the start of Christmas break to go watch the game, but I fear that there aren't. Hope I'm wrong.

My pessimistic prediction is that lack of student turnout will put a damper on attendance. I'd like to think there are at least 1,000 - 1,500 students that would delay the start of Christmas break to go watch the game, but I fear that there aren't. Hope I'm wrong.
I think you're right but hope you're wrong. Even students who live 30min away don't have much school pride to return. CKD has been working his butt off to try to get them to go to the games - which has been really inspiring and has worked to an extent so far this year - but he can only do so much on his own. Blue Zoo leadership has to get their heads out of the sand. I've seen on Twitter some of them complaining that they don't want to go because they want to spend break with their families. Break is several weeks. The least you can do to support your team - one of the top 10 in the country - is spend two hours at a game. Their families could even go too. I understand if students live 2 hours away but anyone within 30 minutes should be there.

I lived an hour and 15 min. (at the time before interstates) while attending MT and the FB and BkB games I missed on weekends and during break were few even though I could count on my two hands the number of weekends I spent in The Boro. It was that important to my lady friend and me to make the trip to watch the Blue Raiders.

Even with the drive still a cheap date.

Buzz, lots of buzz helps, i.e. looks like lots of tickets are selling to the big game, tons of people are going, huge game, should be a great game!

excerpt from a post game (High Point) article the vandy sbnation site, anchor of gold:

...Vanderbilt heads to Murfreesboro to face Middle Tennessee at 6:30 PM CT on Thursday night. The game’s on CBS Sports Network (thank you, C-USA and your lame TV contract) so there’s a decent chance you won’t be able to watch it. But, yeah. Middle is 8-1 and beat Ole Miss by 15 in Oxford last week, so that’s absolutely a game Vanderbilt could lose. On the other hand, Middle is somehow #6 in the RPI (per rpiforecast.com) so until Middle loses the C-USA title to the Fightin’ Rice Owls it would actually count as a quality win if Vanderbilt could pull it off.....

BTW, High Point shot 12 of 15 from behind the arc for the game...

Hope everyone has their tickets! If you wait till the door, you very well could be sitting in bleachers.
Actually, the bleachers ain't half bad. There's really not a bad seat in the house. I watched the Boy's State Playoffs two years ago and sat in the bleachers above Section A. Just doesn't have a chairback.

Actually, the bleachers ain't half bad. There's really not a bad seat in the house. I watched the Boy's State Playoffs two years ago and sat in the bleachers above Section A. Just doesn't have a chairback.
Yeah I prefer the bleachers. Can get to the restroom and snacks easily!

Yes, they're not that bad. I sat up in the bleachers to watch some of the Sun Belt tournament when we hosted it. I think WKU was playing. Didn't want to be too close to their fans... they have that stench that emanates for 20 feet around. I do prefer to have chairbacks though. My back is never happy with the bleachers lol

Reactions: RandallThomason
For you bleacher lovers - I watched the WBB live stream after practice today and all the upper deck bleachers have been pulled open in preparation for a large crowd tomorrow!

I don't claim to be a TicketMaster expert, but I find it odd that yesterday, TicketMaster showed only 1 seat available in Section D. Now, it shows approximately 20-25 seats available. How should that be interpreted?

I don't claim to be a TicketMaster expert, but I find it odd that yesterday, TicketMaster showed only 1 seat available in Section D. Now, it shows approximately 20-25 seats available. How should that be interpreted?
They often hold groups of seats to release when other, better seats sell. So, those rows weren't available online to be bought until earlier today, when demand indicated that they'll be necessary. Not all seats are up for sale at once to create the perception of scarcity... or so I've heard. They've released new blocks of seats as others sell and release bigger blocks as seats sell more quickly. I bet those seats will be all gone by tomorrow, noon time or so. To that point... I just looked and they released two full rows earlier today in Section D that had no seats sold (rows 19 and 20). Already the lower row is 2/3 sold and the upper is 1/4 gone.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I've sat in the bleachers a few times, especially some ovc tournament action back in the day. Not a bad seat, but I would encourage you guys to buy season tickets next year. I have both men and women season tickets. Kermit has the program on an upward trend.

Seconded -- we have had season tickets for almost 20 years and haven't regretted it at all. We always have the same seats so we have our routine. Comfortable seating in our area, and we get to pick exactly the view we want. Men's seats are a little higher up for a better angle of all the high jumping and shooting and women's are in a perfect spot to see it all too.

excerpt from a post game (High Point) article the vandy sbnation site, anchor of gold:

...Vanderbilt heads to Murfreesboro to face Middle Tennessee at 6:30 PM CT on Thursday night. The game’s on CBS Sports Network (thank you, C-USA and your lame TV contract) so there’s a decent chance you won’t be able to watch it. But, yeah. Middle is 8-1 and beat Ole Miss by 15 in Oxford last week, so that’s absolutely a game Vanderbilt could lose. On the other hand, Middle is somehow #6 in the RPI (per rpiforecast.com) so until Middle loses the C-USA title to the Fightin’ Rice Owls it would actually count as a quality win if Vanderbilt could pull it off.....

BTW, High Point shot 12 of 15 from behind the arc for the game...

Irritating. There is a lot to complain about with C-USA's media rights deal, but CBS Sports Network is not the part I think of to complain about. As far as I can tell, it's seems readily available on most cable/sat platforms. They do quality broadcasts.

As for the game itself, I wouldn't recommend either team to get overly prideful and overlook the other opponent in this game. From what I can tell in this early season, both teams will be competitive. Both teams are capable of pulling out the win. I expect a tough local rivalry matchup of two quality teams in a competitive game.

Of particular interest to me will be to see how MT handles an opponent having a long 7 foot reasonably athletic Center. I'm not really sure MT has faced anyone like that yet this season. I am confident though that Kermit will have the team prepared for the opponent that they are facing. Especially since the team finally got some rest on Sunday after some quick turnarounds on the road vs quality competition. Then Kermit and the team have had a few days to prepare.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how we deal with a power center. Hopefully the crowd plays a major role tonight. Tickets are selling very well, from all indications.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT