ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MTSU signing day live info

Good gracious. After seeing that Sherman kid’s film, gotta give Brent some props. Because that dude is legit and extremely underrated by the recruiting services. If he has a work ethic he will not only start from day one he’s going to be in the NFL.

Hooray for, the transfer portal. Our geriatric staff does not love to travel and our department is broke.

Sitting in front of a computer, hitting refresh, watchIng YouTube and calling players on the phone is perfect for the FB staff.

With no RB's signed, I guess all of the ones currently on the roster are returning

CRS did say the two P5 transfers who opted out of 2020 will be returning for 2021 and we have a total of 6 RBs and that's why none were signed
This is good news. When they opted out last year I was 100% sure they were gone. Naturally, we have a long way to go before kickoff but things are looking a tad brighter for a change.

Reactions: Hop45
Unlike Basketball which is a complete dumpster fire and will be for the foreseeable future, football has some hope. Stockstill has, on rare occasions, put together pretty good teams. And last year's signing class was my favorite class ever on record.

We are going to be absolutely loaded at WR. If we can get the OL and QB position figured out, our offense could be fairly decent.

Without looking at other teams yet, we should have a punchers chance in the East. Anyone know what Marshall, FAU and WKU looking like ?

Good gracious. After seeing that Sherman kid’s film, gotta give Brent some props. Because that dude is legit and extremely underrated by the recruiting services. If he has a work ethic he will not only start from day one he’s going to be in the NFL.

who are you referring to?

Sherman’s “card” was missing from the list as a signee, but they have a video posted.

Unlike Basketball which is a complete dumpster fire and will be for the foreseeable future, football has some hope. Stockstill has, on rare occasions, put together pretty good teams. And last year's signing class was my favorite class ever on record.

We are going to be absolutely loaded at WR. If we can get the OL and QB position figured out, our offense could be fairly decent.

Without looking at other teams yet, we should have a punchers chance in the East. Anyone know what Marshall, FAU and WKU looking like ?
WKU loaded up with several P5 transfers And remade their offensive staff, moving from a pro/spread hybrid to AirRaid offense (Tyson Helton’s brother followed the same path a few years ago).

Let's see what a younger team of coaches can do for recruiting, creative play calling, and engagement with the community. This may get interesting.

Gotta give the staff props. This is a solid recruiting class.

A lot of last minute flips and gets too. I could be very wrong about Dearmon. The 2 Brents are bringing some energy to this team. Grays had offers from UT, FSU and Mizzou as well. Wow.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Hard to tell. If this class gets this program to 6-6 or 7-5 then what good will it be? Another extension for a coach that has not demonstrated he can dominate a conference and win a championship? F that. A trip to a bowl game no one can get to and then watch them lose badly on one of the espn family of channels you have to search hard for on cable?

I want Championships. ChampionshipS. Not a fluke season. MULTIPLE championships. A move back to mediocrity from pathetic does nothing for me. Win Big or be gone, Stockstill.

Hard to tell. If this class gets this program to 6-6 or 7-5 then what good will it be? Another extension for a coach that has not demonstrated he can dominate a conference and win a championship? A trip to a bowl game no one can get to and then watch them lose badly on one of the espn family of channels you have to search hard for on cable?

I want Championships. ChampionshipS. Not a fluke season. MULTIPLE championships. A move back to mediocrity from pathetic does nothing for me. Win Big or be gone, Stockstill.

Tbh, honest, a handful of the classes in the last few years were kinda like "ehh." It's nice to actually, you know, be excited about the prospect of success on the football field on signing day.

But, I think many MT fans are torn between success on the field and the prospect of Stockstill's contract being renewed for another year.

If, however, MT wants to chase championships, bringing talent like MOST of this year's class is necessary.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Tbh, honest, a handful of the classes in the last few years were kinda like "ehh." It's nice to actually, you know, be excited about the prospect of success on the football field on signing day.

But, I think many MT fans are torn between success on the field and the prospect of Stockstill's contract being renewed for another year.

If, however, MT wants to chase championships, bringing talent like MOST of this year's class is necessary.

This is the worst part about our situation. I want Stock to win. It would be FANTASTIC if he won. After this long though, I have zero expectation that he can get it done at a level to warrant him remaining coach. My fear is he will do just good enough to stick around at 7-5 +\- 1.

He should not still be our coach. If he’s here, I want him to win. Almost 2 decades of evidence suggests he will use this class to keep us in perpetual mediocrity like he has been for most of the past 16 years.

Stock made a comment to me several years ago at one of those signing day shindigs in the HOF Building for BRAA members that is still stuck in my mind. “These guys are all a year or two away from helping us.” Granted, the transfer portal and JC guys are probably expected to contribute immediately but there will still be a huge learning curve.

I’m done getting all ramped up in the off-season like we have the last 15 years and still no conference title. Sorry to be negative but it is what it is.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Stock made a comment to me several years ago at one of those signing day shindigs in the HOF Building for BRAA members that is still stuck in my mind. “These guys are all a year or two away from helping us.” Granted, the transfer portal and JC guys are probably expected to contribute immediately but there will still be a huge learning curve.

I’m done getting all ramped up in the off-season like we have the last 15 years and still no conference title. Sorry to be negative but it is what it is.
He's right. Most of the true freshman / incoming HS seniors won't make a meaningful impact this year.

It's the JUCO transfers, transfer portal additions, and the a handful of returning players (including the two RBs) that have me ... cautiously optimistic about the season. It's still a "prove it" year for me, but there's reason for optimism. And reason for concern.

Nothing has changed. This is still a .500 team at best. Our recruiting has been weak for the past five to seven years. Everyone that’s competitive in our league is recruiting at a higher clip.

And we’re definitely not developing talent with this staff. The fundamentals over the past few years aren’t different today. CRS may enjoy and have fun coaching this group but it’s not competing for a conference title and you’re welcome to bookmark this post and revisit in 11 months. Step back and look at the big picture and you will see it.

ADVERTISEMENT