ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MTSU/Rice...The picks are in!

zOWspvR.png

Laying an egg late in a mediocre season to a winless Rice team would be one of the most 'Middle' things ever, and I know this staff has it in them to gift the owls an upset.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Massaro wouldn’t know what to do not being able to say bowl eligible at the end of the season.
#E.A.T.T.

Laying an egg late in a mediocre season to a winless Rice team would be one of the most 'Middle' things ever, and I know this staff has it in them to gift the owls an upset.

didn't they do it at UTEP and missed a bowl game?

I’m bringing dogs, brats and buns for our tailgating group and hoping for a rousing win to right the ship.

Another trap game on my mind is Memphis at Houston @ 2:30. With all the rumors swirling about Norvell to Arkansas and USC I’m afraid he might pull a goof game like Fuente did in 2015 when he blew a big halftime lead in Houston with his head already in Blacksburg.

Reactions: playersu12
I think we come out flat and fall behind. We eventually win by 10.
Looking ahead ODU is a toss up and WKU will curbstomp us.

I’m bringing dogs, brats and buns for our tailgating group and hoping for a rousing win to right the ship.

Another trap game on my mind is Memphis at Houston @ 2:30. With all the rumors swirling about Norvell to Arkansas and USC I’m afraid he might pull a goof game like Fuente did in 2015 when he blew a big halftime lead in Houston with his head already in Blacksburg.
Houston has played well at times. I think they win.
Cmon FR. You really don't belive Fuente threw the game. Coaches have huge egos and want to win every game. Norvell is no different. He's too good to hang it up at halftime.

Cmon FR. You really don't belive Fuente threw the game. Coaches have huge egos and want to win every game. Norvell is no different. He's too good to hang it up at halftime.

Not necessarily throw it, but not be fully focused and make poor decisions.

I fully believe (and so does every other West Virginian) that Rich Rod knew he was going to Michigan before the Pitt game that if we won would’ve sent us to the National Championship. Rewatching that game it’s painfully obvious.

I could easily see the same thing happening in Memphis.

Dan Mullen blew the 2017 Egg bowl because he was too busy Sending DMs in twitter to John Currie trying to get the UT job. Literally hours before the Egg Bowl. That’s how he ended up at Florida actually. Scott Stricklin found out that Mullen was going to leave MSU no matter what, so he offered him the UF job instead of letting UT hire him.

Not necessarily throw it, but not be fully focused and make poor decisions.

I fully believe (and so does every other West Virginian) that Rich Rod knew he was going to Michigan before the Pitt game that if we won would’ve sent us to the National Championship.

That game is still one of the more baffling loses by a championship game shoo-in that I ever saw.

I cannot remember a worse loss

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

Memphis handled their business unlike us. Great team with a great coach. Arkansas should pull the trigger on Norvell. Hell of a coach. He's better than Fuente ever was IMO.

Reactions: MTOleBlue

You are a prophet my friend. That's exactly what they did.

...Arkansas should pull the trigger on Norvell. Hell of a coach. He's better than Fuente ever was IMO.

If I’m Norvell, no way I touch Arkansas. Morris creates a dumpster fire. Being in the same Division with LSU, Alabama, Auburn & A&M is not a recipe for success. Unless they offer him 5+ annually, it seems like a poor move.

I use Arky to leverage a raise at UM or into a job like FSU or somewhere else.

Memphis handled their business unlike us. Great team with a great coach. Arkansas should pull the trigger on Norvell. Hell of a coach. He's better than Fuente ever was IMO.
I was getting worried in the first quarter until the defense finally settled in. The Tigers has three starters at DB out with injuries. The backups really stepped up after they got acclimated.

If I’m Norvell, no way I touch Arkansas. Morris creates a dumpster fire. Being in the same Division with LSU, Alabama, Auburn & A&M is not a recipe for success. Unless they offer him 5+ annually, it seems like a poor move.

I use Arky to leverage a raise at UM or into a job like FSU or somewhere else.

His wife and her family are from Arkansas. They still own a house there. He is a rock star in the Little Rock/Conway area. In the UCA Hall of Fame. All time leading receiver there. He would rally the Hogs like no one else has done since Petrino got booted. Memphis won’t pay Arkansas type money.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
His wife and her family are from Arkansas. They still own a house there. He is a rock star in the Little Rock/Conway area. In the UCA Hall of Fame. All time leading receiver there. He would rally the Hogs like no one else has done since Petrino got booted. Memphis won’t pay Arkansas type money.

Houston Nutt was the same thing.

And as good as Petrino seemed to be, he was 17-15 in the SEC (pre-A&M joining). That’s Stockstill numbers.

Norvell seems to be a good coach. He can make a ton of money for the Pigs and go 8-4 or 9-3 every year as his ceiling, OR he could make the same type of money at FSU or the like & go 10-2 or 11-1.

Until Saban retires, I wouldn’t touch an SEC West job if I had other options. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT