ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING MTSU lands transfer Josh Jefferson

Just doesn't move the needle for me. I follow horizon hoops loosely from a betting standpoint and Green Bay has always been a team known to pour in the points but also give them up.

I just don't see how this really does much for us though. Maybe if he was a redshirt freshman or sophomore but he's a redshirt senior which screams hired mercenary to me.

I don't want to read too much into this because it's just 1 commitment but I'm worried Nick is going to do everything he can to win as many games as possible next season with not much regard for the future after that. With CBB essentially having a free-agency period now it's possible that's the way forward for many programs ? Who knows. I don't like it though. It's nice having players around for 4-5 years and getting to know them and them also having loyalty to the program after graduating because it was a big part of their life. It's also how you build a culture, identity, and system. Absolutely despise the direction CBB and college athletics is going.

Back to Johnson, maybe he's the best we can do right now?? *shrug*

I just don't know anymore. Wait and see who else is signed I suppose before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
Just doesn't move the needle for me. I follow horizon hoops loosely from a betting standpoint and Green Bay has always been a team known to pour in the points but also give them up.

I just don't see how this really does much for us though. Maybe if he was a redshirt freshman or sophomore but he's a redshirt senior which screams hired mercenary to me.

I don't want to read too much into this because it's just 1 commitment but I'm worried Nick is going to do everything he can to win as many games as possible next season with not much regard for the future after that. With CBB essentially having a free-agency period now it's possible that's the way forward for many programs ? Who knows. I don't like it though. It's nice having players around for 4-5 years and getting to know them and them also having loyalty to the program after graduating because it was a big part of their life. It's also how you build a culture, identity, and system. Absolutely despite the direction CBB and college athletics is going.

Back to Johnson, maybe he's the best we can do right now?? *shrug*

I just don't know anymore. Wait and see who else is signed I suppose before jumping to conclusions.
I hope you realize that college coaches have not been able to recruit HS kids in person or have any face-face contact with kids for over a year now right? It's major reason you're only seeing the top kids out of HS really being signed- not many college coaches taking flyers on some AAU/HS coaches assessment unless there's a high level of trust and talent assessment acumen in place.. watching tape alone makes it hard to not only assess the recruits but you can't really tell the talent of the competition they're playing against.. altshauf was dead on in his post the other day in the other recruiting thread about it being a terrible time for 2021's & possibly even 2022's out of HS.. a lot of kids won't play at the next level that likely would've gotten exposure these past 13 months...

4-5 year players are going to be dinosaurs in the next 10 years.. I don't like it one bit but we all better get used to it.. the best coaches need to embrace it and over-recruit each year because every program is going to lose 3-5+ kids a year not counting losses to graduations..

I hope you realize that college coaches have not been able to recruit HS kids in person or have any face-face contact with kids for over a year now right? It's major reason you're only seeing the top kids out of HS really being signed- not many college coaches taking flyers on some AAU/HS coaches assessment unless there's a high level of trust and talent assessment acumen in place.. watching tape alone makes it hard to not only assess the recruits but you can't really tell the talent of the competition they're playing against.. altshauf was dead on in his post the other day in the other recruiting thread about it being a terrible time for 2021's & possibly even 2022's out of HS.. a lot of kids won't play at the next level that likely would've gotten exposure these past 13 months...

4-5 year players are going to be dinosaurs in the next 10 years.. I don't like it one bit but we all better get used to it.. the best coaches need to embrace it and over-recruit each year because every program is going to lose 3-5+ kids a year not counting losses to graduations..
So where are they gonna go?? How many NBA, D-League and overseas slots are available for “ballas” who don’t graduate and have to eventually look for a decent paying job with no degree or an “interdisciplinary studies” degree??

So where are they gonna go?? How many NBA, D-League and overseas slots are available for “ballas” who don’t graduate and have to eventually look for a decent paying job with no degree or an “interdisciplinary studies” degree??
They are gonna go DII, DIII, NAIA, etc.

We used to get transfers from Arkansas, Bama and Memphis. Now it's Green Bay and Odessa. SMH
Yea and Cintron, Massey, Marcos Knight, and Buford didn’t work out a JUCO transfers either. We got transfers from Mississippi State and Northwestern last year and they didn’t move the needle much. I am not going to judge these players based on the college they came from. The one from Odessa had a pretty good offer list out of HS.

ADVERTISEMENT