MTSU football player arrested, charged with two counts of rape

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
MTSU football player arrested, charged with two counts of rape
CRIME
by: WKRN Web Staff

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 / 01:38 PM CST / Updated: Nov 12, 2019 / 01:56 PM CST

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Reginald “Zeke” Cobb has been arrested by the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office and charged with two counts of rape. The charges stem from a September 2018 incident.

He was arrested Monday after being indicted by a Rutherford Co. grand jury. His bond is set at $60,000.

His first court hearing is set for Nov. 25 at 9 a.m. in Rutherford Co.

Cobb is a junior wide receiver at Middle Tennessee State University.

He is a native of Dalton, GA.

This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 on-air and online for updates.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

This and now FR315 now has a softer tone...hell is freezing over.

Meanwhile I hope Cobb didn't do this...

Again, like the tsu player at the beginning of the season, the charge or allegations come from something said to have happened in 2018. The length of time from the alleged event to this point makes me doubt more than a little the credibility of the allegations.

This is about the only way we get any attention/pub in the Nashville media. This they jump all over.

Hate it for Zeke. Hope it isn't true. With the feminist movement he will be crucified before ever going to trial. I hope Stockstill lets the legal system play out before any rushed decisions.

With regards to him as a player, I loved his high school film. Great size, speed, hands....he looks like an SEC receiver on his film. Not sure how and why it never translated to the field here at MT. I was expecting major things from him and he hasn't done squat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT