ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MTSU adds running back from West Virginia

Will he be good enough to take carries away from Asher?

I would love to see our offensive evolve into more of a WVU style from back in the Pat White days. A true read option with Asher/ Pettaway with easy RPO tags to the WRs based on the D alignment.

Wow. Did not see that coming. We all were expecting P5. Good to see someone who can be an immediate contributor but for sure we need some OL help. That's part of the rumor mill on why he left WVU.

Reactions: Danielhammaker
Wow. Did not see that coming. We all were expecting P5. Good to see someone who can be an immediate contributor but for sure we need some OL help. That's part of the rumor mill on why he left WVU.

Uh oh! I wonder if anyone has had the heart to tell him about our O-line yet?

Much better to have D1 RB transfer in ... Stuckstill has a horrible track record with JUCO RB's.... his track record with JUCO's in general is fairly poor.

Maurice Gordon didn't do anything in two years except snag the "most improved running back award following spring practice" each year.

Much better to have D1 RB transfer in ... Stuckstill has a horrible track record with JUCO RB's.... his track record with JUCO's in general is fairly poor.

Maurice Gordon didn't do anything in two years except snag the "most improved running back award following spring practice" each year.
And he was a stud. Think there was more of a doghouse issue there than anything else.

We should be casting big nets in the transfer portal to add to the roster. I would rather take a backup from a bigger program, than taking a shot on a 2 star guy that maybe develops. Athletes want to play day 1, we can offer that when bigger programs can't always because they have 2-3 guys ahead of them. They commit to a big program thinking they can crack the starting lineup, but when they can't MT should be there waiting with open arms.

This is the "ME" generation. Kids don't want to ride the bench for 2-3 years before getting a shot. Mid-Majors should be taking advantage of this. Transfer Portal is where it's at for a team like MT !!!! Transfer portal is a game changer, I'm telling you. I would be taking kids left and right. Forget about some of the JUCO kids.

Mid-Majors should be taking advantage of this. Transfer Portal is where it's at for a team like MT !!!! Transfer portal is a game changer, I'm telling you.

I agree, I would add that you need to be cognizant of eligibility because I could imagine a scenario where you don't have enough players to compete if you get overzealous. Everything else you say is 100% spot on, you see many kids take the biggest shot they can get an end up unhappy due to a lack of playing time.

The mention of the transfer portal causes me to revisit previous thoughts and comments about recruiting Mid-State athletes... The number signing P5 scholarships has increased dramatically in recent years which, to me, spells the increased numbers in the portal... If we were in on initial recruitment, our chances of landing several increases greatly...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT