ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL MT vs TN Tech

Need one more win to have a winning regular season. We should go at least 3-4 in our last 7.

Honestly, it’s a nice turn around from where we were in the beginning of the year.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Need one more win to have a winning regular season. We should go at least 3-4 in our last 7.

Honestly, it’s a nice turn around from where we were in the beginning of the year.
Considering our remaining schedule, I'd be ok with 3 more wins. Vandy and Southern Miss will be tough.

Assuming we sweep rice, we may get an at large if we beat vandy and win at least one against USM. Maybe.

I have to think if we win out we go.

Honestly I’m just hoping to finish above .500. This season has been a pleasant surprise especially after the rocky start.

I don't know if they have a history of being accurate, but Baseball America doesn't have us in. We aren't one of the eight bubble teams either. They project Southern Miss, La Tech and Old Dominion getting in, with UTSA on the bubble, but missing out.

We probably need to finish 5-2 and make a deep run in Hattiesburg, if we're going to have any chance of an at-large bid.

I hate to break it to y’all but I don’t really see a way we get in unless we win the tournament. The teams that are mentioned being potentially in:

USM 36-13
UTSA 32-16
LT 33-17
ODU 31-15

MTSU 26-20

Yeah, no at-large bid for us. But we are playing our best ball right now. This reminds me of '03 when we got hot in May and ran through the tournament at ULL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT