ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MT TWITTER...BIG NEWS COMING

MTFAN61

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2022
Monday's MT basketball twitter said there was big news coming today. Any word from anyone yet? Was hoping for the 2022-23 men's schedule release or possibly a recruiting update, but nothing that I've noticed as of yet. 2 birthday's have been posted, but that's not an unusual occurrence with 13-15 athletes on board. Nonetheless, Happy Birthday gentlemen!

6 year extension for Coach. Plus add another year every time they get 15 wins in a season.

Lol could the standards be lower. Why not just wake up and show up to work everyday for an extension?

I really like the schedule. A few power 5's would have been nice, don't see any on the schedule. But some really good mid-major programs in there. The OOC looks deceptively tough. We are playing a lot of really good mid major programs that typically win or come close to winning their conference each year.

Reactions: elamlee
I really like the schedule. A few power 5's would have been nice, don't see any on the schedule. But some really good mid-major programs in there. The OOC looks deceptively tough. We are playing a lot of really good mid major programs that typically win or come close to winning their conference each year.
Agreed, would have liked a couple of P5's as well, but all in all a decent ooc schedule. These are all winnable games. The Bonnies won 23 games last year & could have been a preseason top 25, but up to 9 players entered the portal & decimated the team. Amazing that Nick didn't lose 1 from a 26 win team himself. Good to understand he has a close knit group of young men.

Reactions: elamlee and C-Bow
The Bonnies won 23 games last year & could have been a preseason top 25, but up to 9 players entered the portal & decimated the team.

That is just so pathetic and disgusting. Unless the coach is verbally abusing players (which I highly doubt is happening), then these players should be staying put and continuing to build what they started.

That's what I hate so much about the transfer portal. We'll probably never see teams anymore full of juniors and seniors that stuck together and built themselves into a top 25/top 50 type of team.

Now it's all about playing for the biggest name possible and signing the highest bidder's NIL offer.

Last edited:
This should be a great season. Racers at home will be fun, but as mentioned here, sad that no P5 program wanted to risk a loss to us. RPI should do well with the OOC scheduled.

Story said none of the 9 OOC teams finished below 150 NET last season. Playing top tier mid-majors is as good as playing bottom tier high-majors with the exception of catching the attention of the casual fan. I really do like this schedule. Memphis or Vandy would be nice.

I like the non conference schedule. It gives them the chance to beat SFA, Chattanooga and Murray St, all losses last year.

St. Bonaventure will be tough team to beat at their place, but will be a good measuring stick early in the year. But it looks like the guys will leave Quebec and head right there..

How about that stretch in December? Lot of home games and a game at Belmont. Should be a good.

Memphis or Vandy would be nice.

Vandy didn't want anything to do with us this year, right? Would've been a packed house at the Murphy Center for that one.

Reactions: ewglenn and MTFAN61
Just received Lindy's 2022-23 mag & wanted to read up on upcoming competition. Quite impressed with what many teams did, practically all ooc teams had 22 or more victories. The Northern Classic will be stronger comp tham anticipated. Montana State 27 wins last year, SFA & Hofstra also quality teams. Got a feeling we were able to track down these teams because the P5's got a little antsy. CUSA will have some weak links, but UAB, MT, WKU, & FAU will all be better than last year. The top 4 or 5 will be teams that no power 5 wants a part of this year. Already looking forward to basketball, less than 2 months away.

ADVERTISEMENT