ADVERTISEMENT

MT Poster

And I'll add one more negative to me [and I don't mean to disparage you 147 since you have it in your "screen name" (?)] but I'm not enamored with "True Blue". Sorry; it just has a negative connotation to me since it seems somewhat contrived and it was heavily promoted by McPhee (who I'm just not a fan of).

Let me add: I'm glad when any business tries to sell MT merchandise (in this case a Nashville print shop) along with their other wares. I also realize that it's hard to differentiate between the University and the Grand Division of the state unless the official name of the University is used. I also am aware that most casual observers have no idea that many hard-core MT fans are unhappy with the official name of the school.

This post was edited on 4/20 9:10 AM by MTFNBY5

This post was edited on 4/20 9:17 AM by MTFNBY5

I like the poster except the MTXX part.

It is time that the marketing department just come out with a campaign that doesn't beat around the bush. The newer generation appreciates less gimicks.

How about something like "Don't be embarrassed of the Boro/Blue/Whatever"

Address the problem which is a perception issue. The old way of marketing isn't doing it....

Anderson design did this on their own independently. MT did not pay them nor did they commission it in any way. Anderson has been doing these type posters for 12 years now. MT is just one of the places they focused on. They did it themselves on their own.

Anderson design did this on their own independently. MT did not pay them nor did they commission it in any way. Anderson has been doing these type posters for 12 years now. MT is just one of the places they focused on. They did it themselves on their own.

Yeah actually looked on their site at some of the things they did. I love that kind of artwork. I especially like their music festival collection. Speaking of, thanks TrueBlue for posting this link. I ended up buying a couple of things from them after browsing their site.

Reactions: C-Bow
Yeah actually looked on their site at some of the things they did. I love that kind of artwork. I especially like their music festival collection. Speaking of, thanks TrueBlue for posting this link. I ended up buying a couple of things from them after browsing their site.

No problem. I really like their designs as well.

And I'll add one more negative to me [and I don't mean to disparage you 147 since you have it in your "screen name" (?)] but I'm not enamored with "True Blue". Sorry; it just has a negative connotation to me since it seems somewhat contrived and it was heavily promoted by McPhee (who I'm just not a fan of).

Let me add: I'm glad when any business tries to sell MT merchandise (in this case a Nashville print shop) along with their other wares. I also realize that it's hard to differentiate between the University and the Grand Division of the state unless the official name of the University is used. I also am aware that most casual observers have no idea that many hard-core MT fans are unhappy with the official name of the school.

This post was edited on 4/20 9:10 AM by MTFNBY5

This post was edited on 4/20 9:17 AM by MTFNBY5

I was TrueBlue on this board way before the saying got started. I think I have been posting on this board since 2008, I agree though I think the saying is overused. I don't mind it on the athletic side but it annoys me when they use it on the academic promotional side for some reason.

I was TrueBlue on this board way before the saying got started. I think I have been posting on this board since 2008, I agree though I think the saying is overused. I don't mind it on the athletic side but it annoys me when they use it on the academic promotional side for some reason.

I've been okay with it. Was hoping the 'true blue' pledge would help students be something more than mere consumers of academic courses and develop an attachment that lasts beyond graduation. Been disappointed in the apathy that permeates the student body.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT