ADVERTISEMENT

MT Over/Under for 2021 is set....

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Pretty perplexing here. I'm considering laying a large 4 figure bet on the over. Not a homer, I just think this is a bad line.

Current line is:

Under 5 wins (-150)
Over 5 wins (+120)

A $5,000 bet to win OVER 5 would net $6,000.

That's a damn good investment in my opinion. At WORST, we win 5 games and you push. It's hard for me to imagine a 5 win season unless Hockman is just terrible/injured, which is entirely possible.

Of note, some MT opponents O/U:

Liberty is set at 9
Virginia Tech 7
WKU 5.5
Marshall 8
UTSA 8
UAB 7.5

More notables that are.....interesting...

Arkansas State 3.5
Coastal Carolina 10 (can they really be that good again?)
FAU is 7
FIU is 4.5
North Texas 4
La Tech is 4!

Pretty perplexing here. I'm considering laying a large 4 figure bet on the over. Not a homer, I just think this is a bad line.

Current line is:

Under 5 wins (-150)
Over 5 wins (+120)

That's a damn good investment in my opinion. At WORST, we win 5 games and you push. It's hard for me to imagine a 5 win season unless Hockman is just terrible/injured, which is entirely possible.
Go ahead and drop that Big Nickel, Wiley. “In Stock we trust” 😂😂

Current line is:

Under 5 wins (-150)
Over 5 wins (+120)

Looks like your betting with your heart and not your head.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Which is exactly what the sharps are counting on. They do the research for a living. When a line seems too easy or good to be true, it usually is. I still think the Blue Raiders will be 1-5 after Liberty but Monmouth ain’t a given. Which leaves some poor soul sweating the last half of the season praying that Stock doesn’t snatch defeat from the jaws of victory true to form. I work too hard for my money.

Last edited:
Which book?

I use betonline.ag

best lines/odds in the business. You will not find a book with better odds spreads or more choices. By far the best book out there, and they offer good bonuses if you don’t mind rollovers. Cashing out is easy too. Can do BTC or just have them send you a check.

My referral link is below. I’ll get a bonus if you deposit.

Last edited:

im really not. I bet against MT, especially basketball, all the time.

I think it’s a solid bet. Anything can happen obviously especially if the wrong players get injured, but I think if we stay fairly healthy then 5 wins is the floor and at least 6 wins very likely.

This is a good roster with talented players. Unless Hockman is just awful we should be competing for the East.

Reactions: Raiders_55

I think it’s a solid bet. Anything can happen obviously especially if the wrong players get injured, but I think if we stay fairly healthy then 5 wins is the floor and at least 6 wins very likely.

This is a good roster with talented players. Unless Hockman is just awful we should be competing for the East.
Lots of "if's" with this team. Too many for me to lay any money on them at this time.

I really think you're setting yourself up for major disappointment, my man.

Bad link with the angry emoji in the middle. Won’t open.
found what he was trying to link

1. Monmouth at Middle Tennessee

Sept. 4

Monmouth is poised for a special season after turning heads with its near first-round win over eventual national champs Sam Houston. Quarterback Tony Muskett (freshman All-American) and running back Juwon Farri (sophomore All-American) lead an explosive offense.

The Hawks can begin the 2021 season with a bang. An FBS win puts them in a great position for a playoff seed. Middle Tennessee is preseason ranked No. 121 out of 130 FBS teams. The Blue Raiders return only 63 percent of their production after going 3-6 in 2020. They finished 4-8 in 2019 and were 8-6 in 2018. This is a golden opportunity for a Monmouth program that’s never beaten an FBS team.

A little mention of MT football in the Tennessean:

excerpt:

Middle Tennessee State is picked fifth in the East Division of Conference USA, ranked 117th nationally and longtime Blue Raiders' coach Rick Stockstill is seventh among coaches on the hot seat.

"Stockstill is the second-longest tenured head coach among Group of 5 programs, but things seem to be getting stale," the magazine wrote. "The Blue Raiders are 7-14 overall in the last two years and have not won more than eight games since '09."

A little mention of MT football in the Tennessean:

excerpt:

Middle Tennessee State is picked fifth in the East Division of Conference USA, ranked 117th nationally and longtime Blue Raiders' coach Rick Stockstill is seventh among coaches on the hot seat.

"Stockstill is the second-longest tenured head coach among Group of 5 programs, but things seem to be getting stale," the magazine wrote. "The Blue Raiders are 7-14 overall in the last two years and have not won more than eight games since '09."

Sadly, I take no pleasure in the fact that I predicted this decline of our alma mater’s Football program back in 2014-2015. I even got kicked out of the old BRZ for my comments.

As for the complete meltdown of Blue Raider Men’s Basketball, I don’t think anyone could have predicted a fall like the last 3 years.

Anyone wanna Blitz????

His seat is as hot as mcphee's and he will be fired right after ol' 7-wood gets canned for sexual harassment.
your point is taken, I wish his seat was as hot as people viewing the situation from outside think and not fully understanding the mediocrity of our university and athletic leadership as well as crs' contract.

The evidence suggest Hockman will be quite good, at least for CUSA standards, based on his resume. Did I miss anything or are we just being cautious about getting too excited until we see him play here?

I see him as a major upgrade over the last batch of QB's from last season. Again, all based on his college resume.

Something else to ponder. Why has assistant coach turnover for guys moving up in the profession never been an issue for Blue Raider Football under Rick Stockstill? The last guy who left on his own terms for a better, higher paying gig was Manny. We have assistants who are turning into “lifers”.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Something else to ponder. Why has assistant coach turnover for guys moving up in the profession never been an issue for Blue Raider Football under Rick Stockstill? The last guy who left on his own terms for a better, higher paying gig was Manny. We have assistants who are turning into “lifers”.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.
didn't the co-dc leave as well for USF and now he is at ECU. Didn't Wade leave on his own I thought?

didn't the co-dc leave as well for USF and now he is at ECU. Didn't Wade leave on his own I thought?
Steve Ellis was here 10 yrs. Jeep is back coaching O-Line at Ga. Southern after two stints at UTM as OC. Manny is the only Coordinator we’ve had to go to the P5 (Miss St.) after working for Stock in the same capacity for 3 years. Buster was here for 5.
I think my point is valid that MT is not considered a career launching pad in the coaching profession as evidenced by our lack of D-1 progress in two conferences. (SunBelt and CUSA) To me, MT as of late is just a place for assistants to hang on and draw a paycheck.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim
Steve Ellis was here 10 yrs. Jeep is back coaching O-Line at Ga. Southern after two stints at UTM as OC. Manny is the only Coordinator we’ve had to go to the P5 (Miss St.) after working for Stock in the same capacity for 3 years. Buster was here for 5.
I think my point is valid that MT is not considered a career launching pad in the coaching profession as evidenced by our our lack of D-1 progress in two conferences. (SunBelt and CUSA) To me, MT as of late is just a place for assistants to hang on and draw a paycheck.
not arguing your point....

What really bothers me about this year's schedule is we only have 5 home games and 5 of the first 7 games are on the road. In years when we play 3 "pay day" games vs P5 schools it is more understandable to have only 5 home games. It is not when the only P5 opponent we have is Va Tech. If we don't have a successful year I believe being on the road so much will be a factor. We don't have back-to-back home games until games 10 and 11. We finally have a schedule where there really isn't a game I would consider not winnable like if we were face Bama and we make it more difficult by living on the road.

What really bothers me about this year's schedule is we only have 5 home games and 5 of the first 7 games are on the road. In years when we play 3 "pay day" games vs P5 schools it is more understandable to have only 5 home games. It is not when the only P5 opponent we have is Va Tech. If we don't have a successful year I believe being on the road so much will be a factor. We don't have back-to-back home games until games 10 and 11. We finally have a schedule where there really isn't a game I would consider not winnable like if we were face Bama and we make it more difficult by living on the road.
Free Fall Foliage tours for the “Official Party” on the University dime? Blacksburg VA, Charlotte NC, Lynchburg VA and Storrs CT.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Free Fall Foliage tours for the “Official Party” on the University dime? Blacksburg VA, Charlotte NC, Lynchburg VA and Storrs CT.

Haven't seen anything regarding future schedules recently after all the scheduling drops last year due to the pandemic. I wonder if Vatech is going to come to Murfreesboro in the future since that home game disappeared or if not, there is some adjustment in the contract for a one and done appearance in Blacksburg. Also the Storrs CT game last year was supposed to get the Ole Miss check. I have the feeling MT got screwed completely in this whole mess.

Haven't seen anything regarding future schedules recently after all the scheduling drops last year due to the pandemic. I wonder if Vatech is going to come to Murfreesboro in the future since that home game disappeared or if not, there is some adjustment in the contract for a one and done appearance in Blacksburg. Also the Storrs CT game last year was supposed to get the Ole Miss check. I have the feeling MT got screwed completely in this whole mess.

Which would be par for the course.

Current line is:

Under 5 wins (-150)
Over 5 wins (+120)

I think I understand why some folks were really upset last night.

A large 4-figure lost bet would be tough for me to swallow and why I don’t bet on sports.

ADVERTISEMENT