ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MT Football offers transfer candidate......

I’m not gonna bash the young man for trying to move up to D1. But this is concerning because I don’t think our staff is capable of mining a “diamond in the rough” former basketball player turned WR. Gardner Webb went 3-9 his Soph year (his best statistically) in FCS. They got blown out by Monmouth this Spring in an abbreviated Covid season.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Offered today by: MT, Mercer, Austin Peay, Towson, Idaho and Charlotte

Last edited:
First thing I saw watching his film was that he will get several offers. Looks like they are coming. He has everything you want in a WR except big time speed. Reminds me A LOT of Windham but maybe even a little better.

There's nothing wrong with taking the better players from FCS Schools. FCS schools have tons of talent on their rosters. Division 2 and 3 are different stories, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking the cream of the crop from FCS schools.

I’m not gonna bash the young man for trying to move up to D1. But this is concerning because I don’t think our staff is capable of mining a “diamond in the rough” former basketball player turned WR. Gardner Webb went 3-9 his Soph year (his best statistically) in FCS. They got blown out by Monmouth this Spring in an abbreviated Covid season.

I hope he proves me wrong.
I just don't see much speed. How's he gonna get separation?

Offered today by: MT, Mercer, Austin Peay, Towson, Idaho and Charlotte
“Raking in offers?”

Where are the UAB’s, Marshall’s, LaTech’s and USM’s??? The Florida schools or Texas schools?

Come on, man.

LINK: 2018 High School Ranking

LINK: Update 2021 Transfers

”FCS receiver Izaiah Gathings from Gardner-Webb is a 6-foot-4, 225-pounder who creates a matchup nightmare for defensive backs. After totaling 97 receptions for 1,313 yards and 13 touchdowns in his last 16 games, Gathings has picked up several FCS offers, plus his first FBS offers from Middle Tennessee and Charlotte. Other FBS programs that are taking a closer look include Utah, Illinois, Louisville, Coastal Carolina, UCFand Houston”.

Last edited:
“Raking in offers?”

Where are the UAB’s, Marshall’s, LaTech’s and USM’s??? The Florida schools or Texas schools?

Come on, man.

”FCS receiver Izaiah Gathings from Gardner-Webb is a 6-foot-4, 225-pounder who creates a matchup nightmare for defensive backs. After totaling 97 receptions for 1,313 yards and 13 touchdowns in his last 16 games, Gathings has picked up several FCS offers, plus his first FBS offers from Middle Tennessee and Charlotte. Other FBS programs that are taking a closer look include Utah, Illinois, Louisville, Coastal Carolina, UCFand Houston”.
Fair enough. My point was he accumulated six offers yesterday...

Reactions: Raiders_55
“Raking in offers?”

Come on, man.

He entered the portal one day ago and has six offers. I’d imagine more on the way..

Reactions: C-Bow and Hop45
“Raking in offers?”

Come on, man.

He just announced his transfer. Give it a little time. He will have a long list of offers unless he commits soon.

Nothing wrong with this here at all. Looks like he can play. I’d rather have this guy than a JUCO cast off.

ADVERTISEMENT