ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS MT exploring campus housing expansion, McPhee says

Hard to believe how few rooms they have on campus. Don't know it was a good idea to demolish the 4 they did...especially after the apartments near Married Student housing (not sure what it is called now) were condemned and fenced in. A really great look for the campus.

Hard to believe how few rooms they have on campus. Don't know it was a good idea to demolish the 4 they did...especially after the apartments near Married Student housing (not sure what it is called now) were condemned and fenced in. A really great look for the campus.

Womack Lane. It was a craphole when I was there 15 years ago, can't imagine it got any better

I think would should have about 5000 dorm rooms. While a lot of the students come to MT with the sole purpose of a degree, many still want the college experience. I don't know the right number but more. UTK has 28K total students, with 6700ish living on campus. I think our percentages should be similar.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Anything that can be done to increase the number of students living on campus, the number who stay in the Boro on weekends, the percent of students who come from further distances, and to recruit students who come to MT for the college experience is welcomed. Such efforts will not only help attendance by students at athletic and other entertainment opportunities on campus but will also increase students' and alumni's identification with MT leading to increased involvement after graduation. (financial giving, returning to campus for events, recommendation of MT to prospective students, etc.)

Alas, any effort may be "too little, too late" as with other decisions made at MT, obvious example is that, in hindsight,
the move to D-1 in FB was a decade (+/-) too late.

ADVERTISEMENT