ADVERTISEMENT

MT Athletics launches new Blue Raider Connect mobile app

So, an individual will no longer be able to walk up to a ticket window at the stadium and purchase a ticket but instead, has to load an app on their cell phone to buy a digital ticket?

So, an individual will no longer be able to walk up to a ticket window at the stadium and purchase a ticket but instead, has to load an app on their cell phone to buy a digital ticket?
That would seem to be the logical conclusion...

The new and improved app will also serve as your mobile ticketing hub for all home events as Blue Raider Athletics moves completely to digital ticketing beginning immediately with the 2021-22 season. This includes season, single-game, student and student guest tickets for all ticketed events.

Every home game I've been to since I graduated I've gotten tickets from stubhub and the like. Many times in the chairback section.

Guess those days are over. Not like we have a full crowd to control. Sheesh.

I wonder how many other schools are doing this? it ain't fan-friendly.

It will stop scalping and folks giving away their unused tix.

Several schools have made the switch. Tickets can be traded via a ticket exchange between individuals with school accounts. Walk-up tickets should be mailed to email or the app. Scalpers will print out PDF and sell. I assume the ticket exchange will be powered by stubhub or MT internal technology.

It can work well assuming the school administrators do a good job. Given past history, that will be suspect.

You can add ticket to wallet in iPhone ir transfer it to someone else. You can do all the same things with digital tickets as you can paper ones.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Help a technologically challenged old-timer:

Does this imply that everyone who attends a MT athletic event where admission is required must have a "smart" phone, have downloaded the app, and have a credit/debit card available to use in order to buy a ticket?

I'm assuming this means family members can be on one phone (children), that there will be no need for a ticket booth, and that visiting fans must follow the same procedure as MT students/fans?

Help a technologically challenged old-timer:

Does this imply that everyone who attends a MT athletic event where admission is required must have a "smart" phone, have downloaded the app, and have a credit/debit card available to use in order to buy a ticket?

I'm assuming this means family members can be on one phone (children), that there will be no need for a ticket booth, and that visiting fans must follow the same procedure as MT students/fans?
At other schools, I got an email with a link to the tickets. Tickets had a bar code. I opened the PDF on my phone and got my party of 4 in on my phone. You can print the tickets as well. People with the school app can just access it through that. At least that’s my experience elsewhere.

At other schools, I got an email with a link to the tickets. Tickets had a bar code. I opened the PDF on my phone and got my party of 4 in on my phone. You can print the tickets as well. People with the school app can just access it through that. At least that’s my experience elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply. I know you didn't intentionally talk past me or down to me but you failed to answer my questions. I realize that you youngsters have grown up with more tech and have a hard time explaining to someone who is out of the loop.
I would appreciate someone attempting to answer my (6 ?) questions.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Thanks for the reply. I know you didn't intentionally talk past me or down to me but you failed to answer my questions. I realize that you youngsters have grown up with more tech and have a hard time explaining to someone who is out of the loop.
I think the answer is yes, to all of them.

Sorry. I thought I answered.

Glenn is right. The answer, I assume is yes. But this app already has a glitch in it, so I can’t speak for sure how MT’s version will work.

Chip: "Well, Wes, it looks like the Blue Raider Connect App crashed before kickoff, so there will be 0 in attendance for tonight's game, but fortunately this team is used to playing with no one in the stands anyway, so I doubt it'll be much of a factor tonight."

Later in the broadcast that same night: "......and attendance for tonight's game, 18,486."

ADVERTISEMENT