ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MT announces 20% attendance for Troy game, no tailgating at Floyd Stadium this season

Someone posted a picture here of the Grove last season for Senior Day.
I believe one of the players was quoted during the walk to the stadium “Where everbody at?”

7,000 cap on attendance. That's a good number, considering most of our games don't have 7,000 butts in seats it won't be a problem!

How in the world are we going to make salary for coaches? If this were a business it would be unsustainable.
I’m almost certain enrollment was down.

I can’t stand the way Massaro does business and I wish he would quit, but he’s no idiot.

He set the number at an amount to compensate for the fall in attendance that was going to occur regardless of a pandemic.

If UTK can go with 25%, we theoretically could have too before that little 42-0 drubbing in Stocks 15th year.Now set the number low and don’t give actual butt in seat numbers. We “sell out” every game!

I'm sure there are PLENTY for sale in the ticket office. I can guarantee you there are 4 seats that were season tickets that are now available.

Reactions: Hemi Man
They can blame poor attendance on this now. After Army, I think 20% capacity would be a pipe dream anyway even without the pandemic.

Blue Raider fans, a significant part of the remnant that is left after years of terrible results, neglect and abuse, will probably will be opting out more and more...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hop45
Blue Raider fans, a significant part of the remnant that is left after years of terrible results, neglect and abuse, will probably will be opting out more and more...

Unfortunately, that is the case with me. As soon as both of my boys are done playing high school baseball, I am buying a fishing boat. Will be putting my time, effort, and $$ into the boat.

Well at least Vandy gets their cut of the SEC $$$. We need all the pennies from folks in the stands we can get to pay Stock's salary... :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT