ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MT adds another transfer

He scored 9 points against us last year as a true freshman. Probably would have had more than that except CSU still had Christian Keeling on that team. I think Keeling had about 35 that game.

I'm not a proponent of the proposed one-time "get out free" transfer rule. I have no idea where the speculation is on the change since I have not been keeping up on the issue. Regardless, if both King and Schuler have to sit out we still should show some improvement next year with even more upside the next.
When King's commitment was announced it appeared that kingaling42's implication (to me at least) was that King being eligible was not contingent on what happened regarding the proposed changes to the transfer rule.
Then again, could be the '20-'21 season is cancelled so the question of eligibility could be moot.

Agree. Obviously, lots of room for improvement, but it could be a fairly quick rebound.
Yea doubling our wins would be a big improvement, but still not where we want to be. All depends on eligibility, injuries, and how soon they figure out how to play together.

While I hope the influx of new players injects a massive improvement in the talent pool, which in turn evolves into higher numbers in the win column, unless (IMO) there is an unbelievable uptick in teaching defense, rotations, switching, fighting over screens, hustle, improved effort, desire, etc... I see little chance of a remarkable increase of wins...

What worries me is the effect of the shutdown and social distancing. Academics, conditioning, chemistry, everything. Really need to have the fall semester start on time, not be delayed so these guys have a chance to work together before the season rolls around.

While I hope the influx of new players injects a massive improvement in the talent pool, which in turn evolves into higher numbers in the win column, unless (IMO) there is an unbelievable uptick in teaching defense, rotations, switching, fighting over screens, hustle, improved effort, desire, etc... I see little chance of a remarkable increase of wins...

I think (hope) the uptick of basketball IQ in the back-court will be just as noticeable.. I take it you're a coach so I trust you could recognize the limitations that some had.. it's also why the team was only running about 1/3rd of the offensive sets/counters.. ultimately the rest of the chemistry will take time depending on how this entire social distancing plays out.. need all these players to interact, play pickup together, gel, etc.. and need a true floor leader to emerge.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
What worries me is the effect of the shutdown and social distancing. Academics, conditioning, chemistry, everything. Really need to have the fall semester start on time, not be delayed so these guys have a chance to work together before the season rolls around.
Yep. A bad year to be rebuilding the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT