ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee @ WKU, 2PM, Saturday, February 26, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Last edited:
Impressive home cooking allowing #4 for WKU to basically scream at refs on every possession without a second glance. Do you think any of our players would be allowed to do that? Just ridiculous

Obvious internal issues on this team. Our leading scorer does not see the floor the 2nd half and we blow a 16 point lead and a shot at the conference championship. Hopefully we can get it straightened out and make a run in the tournament.

I am still in a state of shock after Saturday. I refrained from posting a couple of days to let my emotions settle. At the end of the day, you have to tip your hat to Western. They could have folded, yet they kept fighting and ultimately got blistering hot hitting 10 straight shots. They had one player who averaged about 5 points go off for nearly 30. She hit something like five 3's which was more than she had hit all year combined. And #4, the player from Egypt - what a cry baby! She was a runaway freight train, and the refs were not gonna call anything against her so she took full advantage. Meanwhile, we touch them and they called the foul. They outshot us 24-9 at the line.

Still, we were up 16 with 8 minutes to go. 16! That should not happen. We have been a good defensive team. We could not make a stop.

A lot of teams would be ecstatic to have our record and be fighting for the title. Perhaps we are spoiled because when we are in the thick of things we expect to come out on top. No matter what happens in upcoming games (we do still have an outside chance at the division title), I think it is only fair to say this has been a successful season. Provided players return, the future certainly looks even brighter.

We have 6 losses by a total of 14 points. I am not sure another team in the country is 15 points away from being undefeated. But for the most part, when the games have been close, we have faltered. It is time for this young team to grow up. We have enough experience on this team to be making plays and we are not. We will have more tight games to come tourney time, let's see how this team reacts. The potential is there. This team can definitely win the CUSA tournament.

Lastly, Kseniya. She sat the bench the 2nd half after logging 5 minutes in the first half. She had two traveling calls and went to the bench where she remained the rest of the game. Coach was not happy and let her know it. Perhaps she talked back? Internal team issues? Maybe. I don't know. Frustration was evident on many faces Saturday and it is concerning. When we should be coming together, there was a hint of uncertainty and tension. But it was one frustrating game. We were knocking down shots, yet they outgunned us. They squalled to the refs and got the home cooking. I'd be frustrated too.

That was a really tough loss Saturday, more so than earlier losses. In a span of minutes, we went from controlling our own destiny as the number 1 seed, to possibly finishing as low as third. I think Wednesday night will tell us a lot about this team. This team can still make a lot of noise. Let's just hope that noise isn't a big thud.

Last edited:
Our +- was +9 while Malashka was in the game. All 5 starters 40+ minutes. We ran out of gas in the last 5 minutes. I don't understand why everyone uses their bench but us.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT