ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Troy (ESPN), 2:30PM, Saturday, September 19, 2020

What a disgrace!

Watched Marshall and App St game. Unreal the difference. Marshall wins over 23 App St. Amazing how different a game looks when you see hard play with top effort, physicality, and discipline.

MT program is in terrible shape.

• Angry
Reactions: MTOleBlue
Oh, bad enough putting on such an embarrassing performance on ESPN. Meanwhile a good playing team in Marshall gets the win on CBS.

This is something I had talked about before about how Brent more or less held this program up mostly by himself. This program has been leaching talent for years and without Brent it’s all becoming more and more obvious.
With Brent, Rick won 7 games twice and 8 games twice. Before Brent, he won 7 games once, 8 games twice and 10 games once, so clearly Rick knew how to win without Brent.

I wonder if the football program is taking a dive in order to run off the fan base and kill the program.

I just received this text message from a friend and fellow MT alum:
”If I were McPhee, I wouldn’t worry about buying out any contracts of the AD or football staff. Save the money because nobody f***ing cares in this town or region anymore about MT Football.”
Maybe that's the plan

You would think so, but look we have lost 4 out the last five game to our conference rival and that apparently is not even frowned on by our AD or President.
That 2015 first half in Bowling Green was the worst beat down I have ever witnessed by a MT Football team. I think that was the spark to fire Nix. I was sitting 5 rows behind our bench on the 50. The sideline (specifically the defense) was chaotic. Ellis and Nix could not get their guys to listen or quit arguing. The HC was all the way up to the other 35-yard line standing by himself and pouting. Never seen anything like it it.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
You would think so, but look we have lost 4 out the last five game to our conference rival and that apparently is not even frowned on by our AD or President.

I believe it’s their circular logic. They believe Stock is doing the best he can given the facilities and lack of fan support. When someone says that they will not give or attend until Stock is gone, they blame the fan. So they continue in mediocrity with bad facilities. Something needs to change and the change will not be a spontaneous change of heart by fans. We didn’t have the biggest fan base to begin with. They use it as a crutch.

Reactions: playersu12
I just want to see what Massaro has to say on Twitter.

u,
I believe it’s their circular logic. They believe Stock is doing the best he can given the facilities and lack of fan support. When someone says that they will not give or attend until Stock is gone, they blame the fan. So they continue in mediocrity with bad facilities. Something needs to change and the change will not be a spontaneous change of heart by fans. We didn’t have the biggest fan base to begin with. They use it as a crutch.

Twitter surprisingly has a lot of stock support.

That 2015 first half in Bowling Green was the worst beat down I have ever witnessed by a MT Football team. I think that was the spark to fire Nix. I was sitting 5 rows behind our bench on the 50. The sideline (specifically the defense) was chaotic. Ellis and Nix could not get their guys to listen or quit arguing. The HC was all the way up to the other 35-yard line standing by himself and pouting. Never seen anything like it it.

Me and a couple of friends rode up for that fiasco and we were gone by half. I swore I would never go to another road game (excepting vandy and bowl games) It was just another in a long line of major embarrassments.

There is a thread on twitter with fans and former players arguing past each. Former players complaining about facilities and fan support, but when you come out of fall camp and stink it up every freaking year early, blow or not even compete in a four game series against vandy, lose four of the last five against wku, you should understand it is not on the fans. Lack of fans and no facility improvements in ages don't cause clock management issues or 12 men on the field moments.

I feel like the only people who support stock besides his players are people that don’t follow the program like most do on this board. If you paid attention you’d know.

Me and a couple of friends rode up for that fiasco and we were gone by half. I swore I would never go to another road game (excepting vandy and bowl games) It was just another in a long line of major embarrassments.

There is a thread on twitter with fans and former players arguing past each. Former players complaining about facilities and fan support, but when you come out of fall camp and stink it up every freaking year early, blow or not even compete in a four game series against vandy, lose four of the last five against wku, you should understand it is not on the fans. Lack of fans and no facility improvements in ages don't cause clock management issues or 12 men on the field moments.
Former players (i.e. Benny) are gonna defend their Coach. They can’t be objective. Guys who played for Andy Mac do the same.

Those former players need to understand that the fans can more about the university then they do about whoever the coach is, and that you can't shame the fans into supporting the program. I don't want to hear about bad facilities, lack of fan support or whatever other excuses they come up with. Stockstill is paid MILLIONS of dollars to win. He knew the circumstances when he took the job. If he had won games consistently throughout his time here, there would be fans in the stands and money for facilities. Many coaches have won consistently in far worse circumstances.

I wonder how many of these former players are now season ticket holders? I would like to think they're attached to the university just as well as the coach.
Not many, I believe.

Most people, including former players, aren't active with they school they attended.

That said, I think that alumni participation fluctuates with the athletic success of the school.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
If the athletic program was more successful among the other obvious benefits would be that alumni, including former players, would want to be more connected to the school in order to "bask in the reflected glory".

Football program is literally dead. Not on life support anymore. D-E-A-D.

And nothing but crickets from our wonderful, supportive, genius athletic director..........

I thought by now he would have made a statement on twitter like he did after the Army game....reminding us all this "team has been through a lot"

You know you have reached the bottom when administrators and representatives are not talking anymore.

We can only pray the heads start to roll soon. McPhee, Massaro, and Stockstill all fired on the same day would be a good start.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Tough choice, watch that or take in the coach's show...

I may pull up youtube and get lost in some music reaction videos for awhile...

Let me save you some time with a pictorial of the MT football program (and AD in general)...

NRMZC55XTRGELIJ3JCGHUWIJHQ.jpg

Good news. Bad news. The bad news is we had the third highest G5 viewer rating. If there's any good news, only 642,000 people watched the Troy/MT game. A 34% drop in that time slot. It was probably a lot higher at one point, but imagine any of those above that number bailed out from watching this disaster before they could be counted.

The App/Marshall game drew 1.25 million viewers. A whopping 77% drop in that slot (which was probably an SEC game a year ago). I believe it was Auburn/Texas A&M from a year ago.

La Tech/USM drew 282,000 viewers and the wkcc/Liberty game on the U had 117,000.

Just goes to show what we already know is that no one gives a damn about our games (unless we become a Boise or UCF) and can consistently knock off Power 5 programs.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
BYU is a totally different animal. Their QB was at 300 yeards by halftime. They just destroyed them. BYU has scored 103 points while only allowing 10 points in 2 games. They could easily go undefeated.

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT