ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Troy (ESPN), 2:30PM, Saturday, September 19, 2020

summary:

Took no calls, email or tweet questions.

Army cut block and was big & tough. Our defense didn’t play that bad. Our offense needs to get better. Lots of injuries, shuffling 2 deep a lot.Never said compete. We have a bad feeling in our gut.
Same excuses, different day.

I would bet the farm on Troy -3.5 knowing that out of conference games render stuckstill impotent...

The score will probably be in the neighborhood of 30-7

I can guarantee us to cover. I just have to put a signficant amount of money on Troy and MT will probably win the game. I also have the ability to move the stock market. It's pretty amazing gift I have.

I can guarantee us to cover. I just have to put a signficant amount of money on Troy and MT will probably win the game. I also have the ability to move the stock market. It's pretty amazing gift I have.

I said the same thing.

If I don’t put money on the game, I expect us to get skull drug around Floyd Stadium.

If I bet on Troy at -3.5, Troy wins by 3.

Either way we lose, but I am sure we compete.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I wish he was as anxious to get out of coaching as he was to get out of that press conference.

Not only that but they don’t even ask anything challenging. It’s just three or four softballs like the questions were vetted in advance. And then he's off on his la dee da day like he’s Mr. Rogers.

And I noticed what little time he was up there he was able to take a jab at the fans. You know given that nobody knows just how hard it is to go up against an option team (like Army is the second coming of Knute Rockne’s Golden Domers).

Yeah we get it coach. Playing an option team sucks. Hell in high school back in my day most teams ran some type of option. The crack backs, the chopping at the knees, etc. Oh the horrors. It’s f’n football. Man up. If the head coach is going to create so many excuses for the team then you’re going to have a bunch of players that think they’re victims a instead of men.

Just one time I wish one of these joke “journalists” would man up and ask a legitimate question like “coach you talk about how hard it was to play an option team yet two conference teams only gave up 22 points against them combined last year so why was your defense unable to even get one defensive stop on Saturday?”

Or

“Coach, last year your defense- particularly your defensive line was statistically one of the worst in the nation and failed to get any penetration against Army. Can you talk about what the problems are for your team defensively, which seems to be a multi-year trend?"

Not only that but they don’t even ask anything challenging. It’s just three or four softballs like the questions were vetted in advance. And then he's off on his la dee da day like he’s Mr. Rogers.

And I noticed what little time he was up there he was able to take a jab at the fans. You know given that nobody knows just how hard it is to go up against an option team (like Army is the second coming of Knute Rockne’s Golden Domers).

Yeah we get it coach. Playing an option team sucks. Hell in high school back in my day most teams ran some type of option. The crack backs, the chopping at the knees, etc. Oh the horrors. It’s f’n football. Man up. If the head coach is going to create so many excuses for the team then you’re going to have a bunch of players that think they’re victims a instead of men.

Just one time I wish one of these joke “journalists” would man up and ask a legitimate question like “coach you talk about how hard it was to play an option team yet two conference teams only gave up 22 points against them combined last year so why was your defense unable to even get one defensive stop on Saturday?”

Or

“Coach, last year your defense- particularly your defensive line was statistically one of the worst in the nation and failed to get any penetration against Army. Can you talk about what the problems are for your team defensively, which seems to be a multi-year trend?"

That’s a big problem too. Most schools have local media hold the coaches somewhat accountable. Where is a cutting editorial by Spears? Where is anyone asking a difficult question to Massaro or Stock? Spears told me that he had a big hard look article coming out this summer - did anyone see anything like that?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
That’s a big problem too. Most schools have local media hold the coaches somewhat accountable. Where is a cutting editorial by Spears? Where is anyone asking a difficult question to Massaro or Stock? Spears told me that he had a big hard look article coming out this summer - did anyone see anything like that?
I assume they don’t want to be cut off or lose “access” but my question is “who cares?” Being a beat writer for any MT sport right now has to be difficult.

Due to the FAU/Georgia Southern game being postponed as a result to positive COVID tests in FAU's program, our game will now move up 30 minutes and be broadcast on main ESPN.

Once again, an opportunity of a lifetime. Sigh. We know how we usually respond to these opportunities.

Does anyone have extra tickets available? I need three. Apparently we are “sold out” hahaha. Not even on a good year.

As far as I can tell, MT has never played a Saturday game on ESPN1 (outside of a bowl game during the regular season). I could find two occurrences of playing on ESPN2 on a Saturday. Both drubbings by Iowa last year and UGA a few years ago. Might have been a I-AA playoff game along the way 30 years ago but hard to find that.

So, this will be MT's first ever home game on ESPN.

excerpt from the dnj

This will be the Blue Raiders' second all-time appearance on ESPN during the regular season and the first time at home.

The hugo bowl, the game at Georgia Southern during hurricane hugo was on ESPN on a Thursday night, so this is MT's first time on ESPN in the regular season since becoming a 1A/FBS program.

Reactions: Raiders_55
That's a rather weak articulation of what it is and why. If anyone- particularly you newer fans - want a deeper context of how it came to be, I'm happy to provide that. I'm actually the one who commissioned the piece in 2004. It's a hand-carved wooden statue.

That's a rather weak articulation of what it is and why. If anyone- particularly you newer fans - want a deeper context of how it came to be, I'm happy to provide that. I'm actually the one who commissioned the piece in 2004. It's a hand-carved wooden statue.

That trophy is the only thing good that has come from our association with a Pegasus.

*Edit to add I know the Raider is the reason and not the Pegasus, but if our mascot was not Lightening and was a more traditional raider mascot, I don’t think the palladium fits near as well. the Greek mythology link makes a better link.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT