ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Tennessee State (ESPN+), 6PM, Saturday, September 17, 2022

Watching Miami vs A&M. Canes play an incredibly tight & physical pass coverage. Fear numerous 3 & outs next game. Offenses confidence should be very high after last 2 games, but Miami is a different beast.
Appreciate the Raiders calling off the dogs after halftime

We could have scored 100 if we wanted. They couldn't stop us. Hopefully a sign of things to come. I said before the season started that we could have a good to great season if we can come out 2-1 after the TSU game. Still very frustrating to see JMU pistol whip us but it is what it is I guess. Stockstill just can never get his teams to play well in Week 1. Sure would like to play them again in a late season November match up.

Next block of 4 games are going to be very tough. We will be underdogs in all 4.

@Miami
hosting UTSA
@UAB
hosting WKU

We need to continue to avoid major injuries and OL has to continue their streak of playing better if we are to have any shot. I feel like we will have to win 2 of the 3 CUSA games if we have any hopes of finishing top 2 in conference to play for title. Going to be a very tall task.

Attendance: 22,227

Very impressive crowd tonight. I honestly thought it would be more. We should be playing a local FCS team every year.

Agreed. It's great for attendance and building a program (when you win)
Perfect schedule:

TN FCS/G5
Regional G5 if TN is FCS, like the Georgia Southern deal coming
or
Regional FCS if TN is G5 like Murray or EKU.
P5 $ game
G5 not local or mid/lower P5. ie like Colorado State, USF, never played a P12 school, would of course love WVU, Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, and the like. The Marshall series we just signed is great I think.

Speaking of schedules, we play Murray next year and Ole Miss in '24. I don't remember either of those being announced.

Next you guys will be complaining about folks standing and cheering too loud. Enjoy the crowd and pack some peanut butter crackers in your Fanny packs. We are back baby! Look forward to seeing everybody in Detroit for the grand daddy of them all! Motor city revenge!

Reactions: ewglenn
I was disheartened by my Canes’ performance against A&M. I wish it wasn’t true (on one hand) but I do believe MT has a shot at pulling off an upset and think it could be a huge boost at the right time if it happens (on the other). The Canes offense right now is just totally anemic. It wasn’t good against Southern Miss (who is horrible) and it was extremely bad last night. If the Raiders defense can at least sort of stop the Canes and the offense continues to get the act together, albeit against a good Miami defense, I think it might be a close game.

More I watch Chase the more I like him. He seems like a natural leader who is a team first guy. I think if he had started every game last year we would had a special season.… hope he can stay healthy this year.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Attendance: 22,227

Very impressive crowd tonight. I honestly thought it would be more. We should be playing a local FCS team every year.
Highest attended game since 9/2/17 vs Vandy (26,717)

Unless MT pulls a miracle in south Florida and maybe even if they do, that is the high number for this season.
I highly doubt we go over that too. WKU will be the second highest. I’d guess, depending on how we look in games before that, maybe 17-18k for that one.

We did! And yes, I pay attention because you guys give us a good pulse of the overall fan base. Appreciate everyone’s passion for the Blue Raiders!
Lee, you are the bright spot. You are doing a heck of a job thus far. The gameday experience looked to be much improved as was the student experience the night before. Looked to be a great time Friday night.

Proof local/regional matters.

Looked a lot better than UCLA's turnout against South Alabama, which they barely won by the way.

Attendance is what it is these days. It's not as important as it used to be.

Looked a lot better than UCLA's turnout against South Alabama, which they barely won by the way.

Attendance is what it is these days. It's not as important as it used to be.

Indeed. Which is exactly why UCLA left for that $100m B1G deal. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Anybody receive an email asking to complete a survey about their experience at the tsu game? First ever interest I have experienced from the athletic department about the fan's in game experience. That would have to be a De Leon and staff initiative.

Anybody receive an email asking to complete a survey about their experience at the tsu game? First ever interest I have experienced from the athletic department about the fan's in game experience. That would have to be a De Leon and staff initiative.
I received it also. As a Letterman, it was the first communication I've had in several years after being ing the loop for a large number of yearyears...

I was brutally honest with my personal experience...

I received it also. As a Letterman, it was the first communication I've had in several years after being ing the loop for a large number of yearyears...

I was brutally honest with my personal experience...
Curious your feedback

ADVERTISEMENT