ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Tennessee State (ESPN+), 6PM, Saturday, September 17, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
in Floyd Stadium...

FcEG2CeXEAECwV6

RADIO: WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM – THE GAME 102.5 FM/106.3 FM/97.5 FM - THE VARSITY NETWORK APP

some general info on the school in Nashville:

General Information

Founded: 1912
Enrollment: 9,165
Colors: Reflex Blue and White Nickname: Tigers
Series: MT leads 11-9
Conference: Ohio Valley
Stadium: Nissan (69,143)
Head Coach: Eddie George (Ohio State, 2001)
Record at TSU: 5-6 (2nd) Overall: Same 2021 Record: 5-6 (3-3) 2021
Starters Ret./Lost: TBA Lettermen R/L: TBA

Tennessee State (0-2, 0-0) vs. Middle Tennessee (1-1, 0-0)
Date:
Sat., September 17
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Venue: Floyd Stadium (30,788)

TV: ESPN+
Jake Rose (pxp) and Jeremy Kellem (analyst)

Last edited:
I expect a close game with a large visiting crowd cheering against the Blue Raiders. three or four point difference one way or the other...

Tennessee State (MT leads 11-9)
Year W/L Score Site

1973 L 23-0 N
1974 W 20-10 N
1975 L 21-14 N
1976 L 26-17 N
1977 L 27-0 N
1978 L 13-6 N

1986 L 7-6 N
1987 W 55-19 N
1988 W 14-7 N
1989 W 36-7 N
1990 W 38-6 N
1991 W 42-6 N
1992 W 35-31 N
1993 L 34-33 N
1994 W 45-10 A
1995 W 11-7 H
1996 L 24-14 A
1997 L 25-16 A
1998 W 28-27 H

2019 W 45-26 H

At Murfreesboro: 3-0 At TSU: 1-2 At Nashville: 7-7

according to De Leon on wnsr there will be a parachute team bringing in the game ball about 5:45, tsu band will perform at halftime, post game fireworks, beer garden enhanced with three local breweries products...

At least they are trying. Closing off Greenland lot for non-passes too.

Been a while since TSU has won a game. We should be able to take care of business at home in this one. As always, it will come down to our OL. Will the OL provide enough time to allow our offense to execute? If yes, I can't see us losing. If no, then it's a toss up. Simple as that.

I want to see the players win and win big. They deserve better. They are the ones who committed to MT and they work hard every day. I will always pull for them and I hope you guys will too.

Been a while since TSU has won a game. We should be able to take care of business at home in this one. As always, it will come down to our OL. Will the OL provide enough time to allow our offense to execute? If yes, I can't see us losing. If no, then it's a toss up. Simple as that.

I want to see the players win and win big. They deserve better. They are the ones who committed to MT and they work hard every day. I will always pull for them and I hope you guys will too.
this will be a close game, they put almost 600 yds of offense of Eastern Washington, then they played that defensive juggernaut of Jackson St. I expect a game like they played at Ga State a few years back.

according to De Leon on wnsr there will be a parachute team bringing in the game ball about 5:45, tsu band will perform at halftime, post game fireworks, beer garden enhanced with three local breweries products...
Haven’t heard from him (DeLeon) in here since his first venture into this merry band of malcontents. Did you guys scare him off? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: ldeleon5 and Hop45
this will be a close game, they put almost 600 yds of offense of Eastern Washington, then they played that defensive juggernaut of Jackson St. I expect a game like they played at Ga State a few years back.

Yea. Game will be deceptively tough because they're gonna be starving for a win and they will view MT as a winnable game. We will get 110% from them. I hope we are ready.

Haven’t heard from him (DeLeon) in here since his first venture into this merry band of malcontents. Did you guys scare him off? 😂😂

I think he reads. He may not post. I've talked with him a few times on Twitter DMs so he is still trying to engage with fans. He absolutely is an asset in the dept up against a huge giant obstacle.

I'm not seeing a line for this game...

MT by double digits

This is the likely result. Their QB is only completing 52% of his passes which tells me he is inaccurate. Should be good for at least 1 INT there. He's also been sacked 12 times in 2 games so I suspect we will smother them defensively. What we have to watch out for is their running game. Their starting RB has 277 yards over the first 2 games already. The QB has wheels and can move as well. Their first two games were very similar to ours. Looked awful in one and looked pretty good in another. I suspect we will get their best shot since they will be hungry for a win and view this as a winnable game.

Defensively, as long as the defense has good gap discipline and doesn't let anyone run behind them we should be good. I have a feeling though that the Tigers will score more than expected and have better success than Colorado State did.

Offensively I suspect we will try to establish the run early. If OL can do their job and the running game get's going it will be a long day for the Tigers as that will open up the passing lanes. OL has to do their job though and that's always a concern.

I'm guessing line will be somewhere around 13 points. I would open MT -12.5 if I was booking the game.

Last edited:
Win this one, and we are 4 wins away from adding a season to the StockTract. So gotta figure Wins against UTEP and FIU, now just need to get 2 Ws out of Miami, UTSA, UAB, WKU (thanks for the sympathy! haha), LAneck, Charlotte, and FAU.

The biggest thing I am looking forward as a game day experience is the new PA announcer, has to be a 1000% improvement.

There were days leaving the stadium in previous seasons I was more aggravated and annoyed by the PA guy than I was by the coaching and execution on the field.

Maybe I am just being nit-picky.. but in the tweet for the beer garden, in every photo there is a logo for another university.. I spot UNC, Duke, Arizona, Drake and possibly Wisconsin but it's hard to tell. If I was looking at that photo from a PR stand point that would jump out to me. Considering there was a video tweet before the JMU game calling out students for wearing other Universities apparel on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT