ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Stephen F Austin, 3:30PM, Saturday, November 26, 2022

Enrollment: 11,946
Arena: William R. Johnson Coliseum (7,203)
Starters R/L:2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 8/6
Colors: Purple & White Nickname: Lumberjacks
Head Coach: Kyle Keller
2021-22 Record: 22-10, 14-4 2021-22 Finish: T-1st WAC 2021-22 Postseason: CBI First Round
Record at School: 126-56 (7th Season) Career Record: 126-56 (7th Season)
Conference: Southland

Seem to be playing well in Canada. We really needed these games to keep any respect after getting shelled by very mediocre Winthrop and Mo St teams.

We seem to be shooting a little better which is a good sign. The defense and athleticism is going to be there in key games IMO. We will go as far as our shooting takes us.

It is nice to see Porter playing well. If this season is going to be a successful one, one of the new guards was/is going to have to be a key contributor for us. Starting to look like Porter can be that guy.

Reactions: MTFAN61
I feel Porter will be this team's key to success. Post game he talked about comparing free lance style of play in JC versus having to play with a higher controlled IQ level in division 1 ball. Definitely liked his acknowledgment of that. Also liked his assist to turnover ratio, plus his "wait are you kidding me ?!? 8 for 8 free throw shooting. I think those things rub off on a team. Noticed Dish who had been shooting only 25 percent went 7-11 tonight from the line. I'll take it! Also good to have Bufford back contributing. 2 good nights of good defensive effort. This trip is playing a role in team's development & maturation. Keep it up gentlemen

Not sure this has been brought up, but a pleasant surprise has been the attendance for these games. If you haven't streamed the games like me check out the crowd size from the MTSU basketball twitter photo's. Honestly I anticipated maybe a couple hundred at best fans for a handful of mid major schools playing in Canada. Thought of these fans as strictly hockey folk. See a number of happy faces having a good time. Of course that may be the beer. Nonetheless, tip of the hat to you Canada.

Didn't realize we shot right at 60 percent yesterday, especially against a defense as tenacious as what SFA usually runs. Having Porter in rotation really opens the offense by reducing pressure on our other weapons. We were missing last year's offense oriented guards in Donovan & Josh. Porter may not make up for those losses totally, but if we were a car engine he gets us closer to running on 8 cylinders compared to 5 or 6. One other benefit which is no disrespect to Josh or Don, but Porter's a better defensive athlete than those 2. This has allowed us to stretch our D guarding against the 3 a bit better

ADVERTISEMENT