ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee vs Old Dominion, 2PM, Saturday, March 5, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Grueling, gutsy win. Slow start, but two strong defensive teams so I'll take it.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the behavior of the opposing teams or coaches in recent games?

At Western #4 was a constant cry baby. Her emotions were on extreme display. Granted, you want passion out of your players but her continuous actions got old really quick. So much so I recall one person questioned why the coach would allow such behavior? And honestly, she should have gotten multiple technicals because she questioned the refs directly more than once.

Against Charlotte the whole end of the bench along with a manager started mimicking Coach Insell's son Tom. When he complained to the refs and threw his hands up, they did the same. He crossed his arms, they crossed theirs. All good fun for a bit, but instead of paying attention to the game, they were focused on the stands. During timeouts it was even worse as they didn't even go to the huddle, rather looking at Tom and mocking him. At what point does a coach say "hey, pay attention?" Totally classless.

And then ODU. No offense but the coach and players acted like thugs! How does a coach walk out onto the playing floor and not get T'd up? And how about all those extra shoves during jump ball situations and such?

Gotta say, every team has it's moments. But when things go too far, teammates or coaches should step in and show some class. Instead ignorance seems to breed more ignorance in recent weeks.

Proud of our Lady Raiders for keeping their cool. It's ok to show emotion. But there is a time and place. No way actions to these extreme examples would be tolerated from the MT staff. Let's keep our cool and win this tournament! Every loss we have had has been on the road and we were right there with 'em. On a neutral court this team will be tough to beat.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT