ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Murray State, 7PM, Saturday, December 8, 2018

529.gif

Reactions: C-Bow
I'd like us to play two good halves...we may still lose. But leading in the first half and then getting crushed in the 2nd half (Belmont and Lipscomb) is hard to watch. Time to take a step forward.

Secondly, if we are going to lose, I want the other team to beat us, not have us gift them with careless errors.

The team did show improvement at vandy and I expect them to play a little better tonight but I doubt it will be enough to win.

That said, I expect this team to be playing good solid offense and defense once conference games start in January.

We are just a bad, BAD team. We will do well to win 5 division 1 games this year.

Sad & Pathetic. Hard to see how a team this bad is ever going to be good.

For Christ's sake. I know people pay good money for those lower seats but if we are on TV and it's game time please fill in the rows. It looks pathetic when there are 20 people on camera till it pans out and you can see the rest of the 300 people there on rows 6+

For Christ's sake. I know people pay good money for those lower seats but if we are on TV and it's game time please fill in the rows. It looks pathetic when there are 20 people on camera till it pans out and you can see the rest of the 300 people there on rows 6+

I’m here. I counted the students - there are 53 here besides the band and cheerleaders.

We don’t have enough fans that care and some of those are on this board

Seven baskets made and 14 TO's. And then Mike is here to tell us we are supposed to be this bad, supposed to expect it, and supposed to be ok with it.

Funny how Murray hires a new coach every 3 or 4 years and never misses a beat. Can't even tell you last time they had a losing season. Yet, it's ok here. Because we hired a new coach.

Reactions: Stonesraider
Seven baskets made and 14 TO's. And then Mike is here to tell us we are supposed to be this bad, supposed to expect it, and supposed to be ok with it.

Funny how Murray hires a new coach every 3 or 4 years and never misses a beat. Can't even tell you last time they had a losing season. Yet, it's ok here. Because we hired a new coach.

I’m not ok with it. But to bitch constantly just gets old.

If you can’t see what happened to get us to this point then you are blind.

And btw I don’t bitch. I come and talk about the game (which with this team is usually more bad observations than good but we aren’t allowed to say what we see is considered bitching. LMAO.

This rebuild is on Davis. He took risks every year and didn’t develop players. It worked fine for the last five years. This year the bill is due.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I thought that was what the board is for. We can complain to people who care as opposed to all the other people around us.

This rebuild is on Davis. He took risks every year and didn’t develop players. It worked fine for the last five years. This year the bill is due.

Ridiculous statement. He found a way to recruit to his style. News flash college players have to leave every two to four years. Had he stayed plus with the guys he had coming in then we are still cruising. Not a 30 win type team but definitely still competing for the league title.

My concern isn’t what Kermit did or didn’t leave us with. We have a head coach who - so far - looks in over his head. Team seems to be getting worse not improving which is the thing I think I’m concerned with.

I called it from the start and I'm usually mr. positive. This coach does know know what defense or fundamentals are. He also looks like he either doesn't know how to call plays or teach them because they do not look like they know how to execute at all. This is 2.2 more months or torture and then it's done. That's it.

From what I saw from the ten minutes I watched tonight, and in looking at our remaining schedule, this team will not win another game.

I called it from the start and I'm usually mr. positive. This coach does know know what defense or fundamentals are. He also looks like he either doesn't know how to call plays or teach them because they do not look like they know how to execute at all. This is 2.2 more months or torture and then it's done. That's it.

We certainly aren’t the greatest defensive team ever, but our defense is not the biggest problem. We can be competitive defensively if we can make teams play against our set defense. There is no defensive scheme in the world that can save us though when we hand the ball to the opponent and they get a run out layup or dunk, as has happened repeatedly in every game.

How about no defense or chemistry? No fundamentals, ball control or discipline.

I get that it is frustrating and disheartening to watch MT play at such a poor level. Especially after so many years of success and building that attitude that regardless of who MT played, there was an expectation that MT bball would seriously compete for the win vs most any team in the country. So this not even competing vs most teams is a real difficult and bitter pill to take. Still, I don't want to completely throw the team under the bus at this point either. I hope to temper my frustration with supporting the team and hoping they turn things around quickly with good improvement.

During Kermit's first year, 02-03, MT was 2-5 on December 7th and 4-8 before conference games began on 1/4.

As of today, December 8th, MT is 3-7. This team needs more time to gel.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I know the coaches know the players individually while I don't even really know them, but I do find myself wishing that CNM would break his foot off in the teams a*s. The turnovers, the lack of assists, the lack of defense, it's not pleasant to watch. Perhaps there is some improvement with some of the players and the team in certain aspects of play, but generally it almost seems like the team is regressing rather than improving. It's not unheard of for teams to have to get worse before they can really start to turn it around and get better. I guess we'll see, but it would be nice to see some signs of improvement before too long.

Oh, I'm still waiting to see that extra pass on the perimeter for the open 3. It would also be really nice to see dribble penetration to draw in the defense then dish the rock to the open player for a high percentage shot. I don't think it's too much to ask for.

Coach and team look completely in over their head and overwhelmed as a whole. I don't see how a year is going to make these players and coaches any better. They look flat lost and overmatched out there.

To the guy comparing KD's first year record to CNM's, that's such a poor view to take. This team is non-competitive in most games it has played and 2 of those wins were against Division 2 opponents. Stop trying to paint a picture that this is what it was like when Kermit took over, because it wasn't. His teams were at least competitive in their losses and they ended up winning a decent chunk of games once conference play hit. This team might not win another game the rest of the season. They have no idea how to win a basketball game against D1 talent. None of them. They were lucky to beat CSU, likely their only D1 win of the season at this rate.

It's quite amazing how bad a team can get so quickly. We went from being arguably a top 25 team in the country to a BOTTOM 25 TEAM in the country.

I'm done caring or following this cesspool. There is no point. They are non-competitive and don't even look like a basketball team out there. Hard to take the team seriously when their performances are anything but serious. I'll check back in 2 years from now and hope they've learned to hit the ground with a rock by then. Unbelievable.

Our women's team would wipe the floor with our men's team right now. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Reactions: Blue_H
We certainly aren’t the greatest defensive team ever, but our defense is not the biggest problem. We can be competitive defensively if we can make teams play against our set defense. There is no defensive scheme in the world that can save us though when we hand the ball to the opponent and they get a run out layup or dunk, as has happened repeatedly in every game.

I disagree on the defense...we can play defense and we frustrated Murray at times...we out rebounded them and held them below their shooting averages from the field (and 3 point line). They average 83 ppg, they scored 64 - Defense is not the issue.

Our problem is turnovers, both the passer and the player receiving the ball - these turnovers lead to easy points. The second problem is 3 point shooting. Aside from Green no one is confident, hopefully Butler will help. I saw time and time again both Johnson and Butler not take WIDE open 3 pointers. Lastly, we need Scurry to be more productive.

I disagree on the defense...we can play defense and we frustrated Murray at times...we out rebounded them and held them below their shooting averages from the field (and 3 point line). They average 83 ppg, they scored 64 - Defense is not the issue.

Our problem is turnovers, both the passer and the player receiving the ball - these turnovers lead to easy points. The second problem is 3 point shooting. Aside from Green no one is confident, hopefully Butler will help. I saw time and time again both Johnson and Butler not take WIDE open 3 pointers. Lastly, we need Scurry to be more productive.

I don’t see where that disagrees with what I said. I said our primary problem was offense. We are getting blown out because of live ball open court turnovers. If we can ever fix that, we may still lose but we will at least give ourselves a chance to be in the game at the end.

Kentucky lost to an unranked team yesterday too. So it does happen.

Our team is pretty good. Murray just played a little better yesterday. It happens. You can't win them all. We'll win most of our games this year.

So Crump is now injured and out for the year. Butler becomes eligible to get a much needed extra body and then we lose Crump. That right there is a mircocosm of our season so far this year.

This program seems to have a black cloud hanging over its head at the moment.

So, I looked. Murray hasn't had a losing season since the '86 season.

Since then. Eight coaching changes not one losing season. Well, correction. The current guy did have a 16-17 season.

But at Middle. Hey the situation says we should be bad so it's ok. Only at little middle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT