FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte, Saturday, 6PM, Sept 19, 2015

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

Television: None

Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1), PxP: Chip Walters, 25th Season, Analyst: Dennis Burke, 2nd Season

Streaming: Audio - , Video - CUSA Network

Live Stats: sidearmstats

Newspapers: Charlotte Observer, NinerTimes,

Message Boards: ninernation.net,

Blogs:

Athletic site:
Charlotte49ers, GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides: Charlotte, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: , Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #53)

Game Notes:
Charlotte, Middle Tennessee, C-USA Notes

Roster: 49ers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:

Twitter: @Charlotte49erFB, @Charlotte49ers,

Hashtags:

Facebook:

Youtube:

Instagram:

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The upstart Charlotte 49ers shoot for a perfect start to the season with a trip to face the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders.

The Charlotte 49ers first season in the FBS have gone perfectly with a 34-10 win versus FCS Presbyterian giving the team a 2-0 record. This was a complete mismatch as the Blue Hose trailed 34-0 before the foot was taken off their throats in the 4th. The 49ers held their FCS foe to only 112 yards and nine passing yards while rolling up 468 yards and subbing early. Matt Johnson threw for 187 yard and a pair of touchdowns with Austin Duke being the top receiving option with nine receptions for 166 yards and a score. Andrew Buie led Charlotte on the ground with 80 yards on 12 totes with Kalif Phillips totaling 53 yards and a TD on eight carries.

After beating Jackson State by 56 points to open the year the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders found the going tougher in a 37-10 defeat at Alabama in week two. The Crimson Tide rolled up 532 yards and eliminated the Blue Raiders rushing attack. MTSU was held to 275 yards and committed four turnovers along with eight penalties. The Middle Tennessee offense was whatever quarterback Brent Stockstill could muster and that was 174 passing yards with an interception and a team high 29 rushing yards on five attempts. Richie James gave the Blue Raiders a viable receiving option with ten receptions for 95 yards but production was slim otherwise.

The over is 3-0-1 in Blue Raiders last 4 games after scoring less than 20 points in their previous game while the Blue Raiders are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in September and are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 conference games.....

I'm looking forward to this one. This will probably be a better gauge of how we're doing - JState was too easy, and we we're overmatched at Bama. Charlotte's probably not going to finish in the top half of the conference, but they already beat Georgia State.

I think Charlotte has some potential in this league, and I'd like ot see what kind of start they get off to.

What's the deal with all these Charlotte fans and the close scores they are predicting? You should read some of the nonsense the 49ers are talking about on the CNBBS board. I hope we don't let up on these guys. I'm getting irritated with their fan base already.

I think it's tongue in cheek from a lot of them. Besides, its what fans are supposed to do. I like them better than most over there.

Blue Raider fans, including me, sometimes forget that we have proven imminently beatable when playing these type of teams just out of their infancy. This goes back to our 1aa era, not just fau, when in 85, MT was #1, played an opening round to a ga southern team who had only been playing a few years and we had stomped a mudhole in an earlier game that year in statesboro. MT lost in the first round to that same ga southern team.

Last year's win at odu, gives me hope that stockstill's getting away from that tradition of losing to newbies. I don't have a problem in them arguing a win or that they will keep it close. I actually got a laugh out of one saying that MT 'has not seen a defense like Charlotte's'

I just hope the team takes care of business and is feeling good going on the road to Illinois next week.

dnj:

5 keys for MT vs. Charlotte

MT vs. Charlotte: Who has the edge?

5 questions for Charlotte beat writer

goblueraiders.com:

Raiders face Charlotte in C-USA opener, 49ers have won four straight

excerpt:

GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

(GAMEDAY CENTRAL)

Hashtag: #BeatCharlotte, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_FB
Instagram: @MTAthletics
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Game Captains: OL Daniel Stephens, LB DJ Sanders, LB T.T.Barber

Date: Saturday, Sept. 19
Time: 6:00 PM
Teams: Middle Tennessee (1-1) vs Charlotte (2-0)
Stadium: Floyd (30,788)
Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy, 90°
Family Weekend
Raider Walk:
3:45 p.m.
Gates Open: 4:30 p.m.
TV: None
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play: Chip Walters
Analysis: Dennis Burke

Live Audio/Live Streaming | Live Stats

Last edited:
Agreed Space. This is the prototypical game where we are supposed to beat them and we get beat because we didn't mentally prepare. We then suffer in the attendance department.

By the way. Why did Charlotte name themselves the 49ers.

What an effort tonight. You could obviously tell the didn't have the talent level but we really played well.

Reactions: C-Bow
The turnovers are a concern (fumbles have killed drives in the last two games) but the offensive explosion this season has been comforting. I wonder how much of it is talent, QB, Scheme, Or a combination of the above...

I wonder how much of it is talent, QB, Scheme, Or a combination of the above...

Mostly talent will lead to better schemes. Our receivers are a lot better than last year and that allows for more mismatches especially with James. With our struggles against man under two last year showed where we were weakest.

ADVERTISEMENT