SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
usa_today_9143817.0.jpg

Series:
VU leads 29-7
Last Meeting: MT win 66-63 on 12/6/17 in Nashville.
Record at Vanderbilt: VU leads 16-1.
Record at MT: VU leads 13-5.
Record at Neutral Site: MT leads 1-0

Founded: Enrollment:
Colors:
Black and Gold Nickname: Commodores
Facility: Memorial Gymnasium (14,316)
Head Coach: Bryce Drew Record at VU: 36-38 (3rd Season) Overall Record: 160-87 (8th Season)
2017-18 Record: 12-20 2017 Postseason: None

TV: SEC Network - Kevin Fitzgerald (PxP), Pat Bradley (Analyst)

RADIO: 94.9/95.1 FM, 100.5/101.9 FM, 1450 AM

WATCH

LISTEN

LIVE STATS

VANDERBILT GAME NOTES

MIDDLE TENNESSEE GAME NOTES

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and Vanderbilt Commodores meet Wednesday in college basketball action at the Memorial Gymnasium.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders could use a feel good victory here to snap a four-game losing streak. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are averaging 63.7 points on 39.9 percent shooting and allowing 79 points on 45.5 percent shooting. Antonio Green is averaging 19.5 points and 1.3 assists while Karl Gamble is averaging 9.3 points and 6.9 rebounds. Reggie Scurry is grabbing 6.5 rebounds and Jayce Johnson is dishing 1.6 assists. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are shooting 28.6 percent from beyond the arc and 71.1 percent from the free throw line. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are allowing 35.7 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 32.7 rebounds per game. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have won five of their last seven road games.

The Vanderbilt Commodores need a victory here to get back on track after splitting their last four games. The Vanderbilt Commodores are averaging 84.6 points on 48 percent shooting and allowing 74.7 points on 41.1 percent shooting. Darius Garland is averaging 16.2 points and 3.8 rebounds while Simisola Shittu is averaging 16 points and two assists. Saben Lee is the third double-digit scorer and Joe Toye is grabbing 4.3 rebounds. The Vanderbilt Commodores are shooting 34.7 percent from beyond the arc and 67.2 percent from the free throw line. The Vanderbilt Commodores are allowing 31.8 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 38.7 rebounds per game. The Vanderbilt Commodores have won four of their last five home games.The Blue Raiders are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 non-conference games, 0-5 ATS in their last 5 road games and 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The Commodores are 5-16 ATS in their last 21 home games, 8-23 ATS in their last 31 non-conference games and 10-28 ATS in their last 38 games overall. The road team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings. The over is 5-2-1 in Commodores last 8 overall. The under is 10-4 in Blue Raiders last 14 road games.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are being outscored by 15.3 points on the season and are shooting god awful from everywhere on the court. That's probably not going to change when playing at Vanderbilt where they have that weird, open gym. The Vanderbilt Commodores are outscoring teams by 16 points at home this season and are shooting a healthy 52 percent from the field. Assuming the offensive struggles for MTSU conteinue, this game could get out of hand quickly.....

It's fade-the-raiders year. Middle has failed to cover a spread this year and there's no indication they will do so tonight.

Glad to see coach Nick isn’t an idiot and has slowed the offense down to fit our skill set. I might like this guy!

Looked our shooting. 28% from the Field. 3-11 from the FT line. No 3 pointers

Candy is 12-12 from the FT line, along with 4 3 pointers.

It’s shooting tonight.

Loving Gamble's blocks but he needs to slam the ball around the rim

Someone remind me why the teams sit underneath the basket.
Unless something has changed since I lived in TN, their floor is elevated. So the benches were on the ends so as to not block the view of so many fans. Least that’s the way it was back in the day.

This is a bad Vanderbilt team. And Green is not that good. He cant create his own shot and he is a turnover machine. Wonder why Butler hasn't played yet?

As someone else said are team has a low basketball IQ and plays careless. Turnovers stupid fouls bad defense etc.. No one looks to score the ball except for Green. They just pass the ball around the permiter. Looks like another 20 point+ blowout to a pretty bad Vanderbilt team.

We are one of the worse teams in college basketball right now. I hope Mcdevitt can figure something out because we wont win 5 more games this season.

42-21 at the half

six players with two fouls?
Unless something has changed since I lived in TN, their floor is elevated. So the benches were on the ends so as to not block the view of so many fans. Least that’s the way it was back in the day.

Back in the early seventies there were a number of schools that had their benches along the baseline, including MT.

As someone else said are team has a low basketball IQ and plays careless. Turnovers stupid fouls bad defense etc.. No one looks to score the ball except for Green. They just pass the ball around the permiter. Looks like another 20 point+ blowout to a pretty bad Vanderbilt team.

We are one of the worse teams in college basketball right now. I hope Mcdevitt can figure something out because we wont win 5 more games this season.

I agree with some of what you said. But, Vanderbilt is not a bad team.

Our schedule is not helping us.

Selfish play. No discipline. If these dudes played for kermit, they'd never see the floor. Why am i watching this horror show?

Except for scurry, Gamble and sims the rest of these boys are trash! I give the freshman a pass this year. They are in an impossible situation.

Reactions: Hop45
Ti
green isn’t trash. You realize he is the focus of every team we play. He still had 18 points. I wish we could get Scurry more touches.

He shoots tons of bad shots and turns the ball over alot. I like that he looks to score but he cant score when he drives in the paint. He is a spot up shooter that's it.

green isn’t trash. You realize he is the focus of every team we play. He still had 18 points. I wish we could get Scurry more touches.
I’m sorry bro but I’ve seen enough in person to realize that he’s a one trick pony. His b-ball iq is questionable, terrible shot selection, average handles and can’t guard. The 18 pts were garbage pts. Why in the hell would drive to the hole with two bigs and double clutch the ball.

I’m sorry bro but I’ve seen enough in person to realize that he’s a one trick pony. His b-ball iq is questionable, terrible shot selection, average handles and can’t guard. The 18 pts were garbage pts. Why in the hell would drive to the hole with two bigs and double clutch the ball.

Considering we are a horrible offense and he is our only consistent threat that averages 20 ppg - I guess CNM should pull his ship. You know not what you are talking about.

Green was the only guy who made a 3 pointer. Green was 4-4 from the FT line, the rest of the team was 5-14 from the line. If Green is garbage the rest of the team is beyond help.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Now you’re being dramatic. I never said pull his scholly. He’s a set shooter that has a hard time getting his shot off against real b-ball competition. When you’re best attribute is being a volume shooter that doesn’t say much. To me that means you do one thing well and when it gets shut down then you become a liability on the court.

Now you’re being dramatic. I never said pull his scholly. He’s a set shooter that has a hard time getting his shot off against real b-ball competition. When you’re best attribute is being a volume shooter that doesn’t say much. To me that means you do one thing well and when it gets shut down then you become a liability on the court.

He needs help. No one and I mean no one else is a threat from the outside.

This is a bad Vanderbilt team. And Green is not that good. He cant create his own shot and he is a turnover machine. Wonder why Butler hasn't played yet?

Butler has to sit this year because of his brief stop at Missouri State before transferring to MT, is my understanding.

End of the series. I'm okay with renewing it but only home and home, and maybe a neutral at Bridgestone. But if Bryce doesn't want to go on the road to MT, screw him and screw vandy.

I agree 100%.

I like rotating home and home with UTK, Vandy or Memphis, but only if it’s a home and home. We can get the same NET value for home and home with Belmont, Lipscomb, or ETSU as we do the Dores.

Wow, Candy sure did kick our @ss. If they won by 30 without Garland, they might have beat us by 60 if he had played. And McDevitt's old team is 1-7 with the only win against a team of walk-ons from the blind school. And none of their 7 losses have been close. Maybe that is who we should have played. Both team couldn't have lost. Somebody would have left the place with a win.

We all knew this would be a down year. We have the right coach but we need some shooters. And please leave Gamble on the bench. Worst hands I've ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT