ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee @ UTSA, 6PM/2PM/11AM, Fri./Sat./Sunday, April 9/10/11, 2021

Based on standings....we are in 5th place overall. We need to win the series this weekend to stay there. Surprised ODU and Charlotte are doing so well.

Based on standings....we are in 5th place overall. We need to win the series this weekend to stay there. Surprised ODU and Charlotte are doing so well.

Right now 4 CUSA teams are projected in the tournament according to D1baseball. La Tech is a 1 seed (11 overall national seed), followed by ODU, USM and Charlotte as 2 seeds. FAU was the preseason East pick, so this tells me the conference is really picked up it’s game.

I still feel our guys can get above .500 or push 30 wins this season, but it’s going to be difficult. We need our starting pitching to maintain and our bats to come alive. I agree we need to win this series.

Reactions: MTsumner92
I don't understand why we are playing 4 game series. We only have the pitching for a 3 game series.
It was a conference idea this year to go to a 4 conference game series to reduce travel and get 32 games versus 30. Even though the SEC has managed to go on with the 3 game weekend series just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT