ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ UAB (Stadium on Facebook), 4PM, Saturday, December 30, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
UAB
Series:
UAB leads 10-5
Colors: Forest Green & Old Gold Nickname: Blazers Conference: Conference USA
Facility: Bartow Arena (8,500)
Head Coach: Rob Ehsan UC Davis, 2005 UAB Record: 17-16 (1 season) Overall Record: Same
2016-17 Record: 17-16, 9-9 (7th C-USA) 2017 Postseason: None
Starters R/L: 1/4 Lettermen R/L: 5/6 Newcomers: 6

GAME INFORMATION
[Game Notes]

Hashtag: #TrueBlue, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_MBB
Instagram: MT_MBB
Facebook: MTSUMBB

Date: Saturday, December 30th
Time: 4:06 p.m. CT
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (8-4) vs. UAB (9-4)

Live Video | Live Stats

goblueraiders.com:
http://goblueraiders.com/news/2017/...am.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
MT, UAB TO OPEN LEAGUE PLAY IN BIRMINGHAM

Last edited:
UAB blog:
https://thedailydragon.com/2017/12/26/on-william-lee-midway-observations-and-the-conference-slate/
On William Lee, Midway Observations, and the Conference Slate

excerpt:

...This season I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the depth from 1-6. I believe there is not a clear outlier like there was with Middle Tennessee last season. This group can beat each other on any given night, but that isn’t to say we wouldn’t still see a 16 or 17 win champ — it wouldn’t shock me in the least.

Of course I’m a homer, but I think UAB has the deepest roster, Middle Tennessee has the best coaching and are the most confident, and Old Dominion is going to be the toughest battle night in and night out. After those three, Louisiana Tech supposedly dismissed one of their top guards and Marshall is such a wild card that I’m sure they’ll win their share of games they aren’t supposed to.....

I think for our team's confidence they need this win against UAB...we really need to win 2 of the first 3 just to get some more momentum.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will try to bounce back from back-to-back losses, including an 84-81 loss to Miami in their last outing. Nick King led the team with 28 points on 9 of 15 shooting with a team-high 8 rebounds. Antwain Johnson came 2nd with 16 points, and a team-high 4 assists while Giddy Potts and Brandon Walters each added 12 points to round out the scoring in double digits for the Blue Raiders. Potts added 4 triples, while Walters went 5 of 6 from the floor. King leads the team with an average of 23.3 points and 7 rebounds per game, while Tyrik Dixon is the team’s top assist man with 3.6 assists per game this season. As a team, Middle Tennessee is scoring 77.2 points per game on 46.8% shooting from the field, 35.3% from behind the arc and 75.4% from the foul line this season.

The UAB Blazers will look to stay hot after winning 3 straight and 6 of their last 7 games following a 74-57 victory over Mississippi Valley State in their last outing. Jalen Perry led the team with 15 points on 5 of 7 shooting with a pair of triples with 7 rebounds and a pair of steals. Nick Norton added 4 triples as part of his 14 point night, while Nate Darling added 12 points and a team-high 5 assists. Lewis Sullivan chipped in 10 points and 7 rebounds with a pair of blocks to finish off the scoring in double figures for UAB in the win. William Lee added 4 points and 5 blocks as well in the winning effort. Chris Cokley leads the Blazers with an average of 17.3 points and 9.6 rebounds per game, while Norton is the team’s top assist man with 4.3 assists per game this season. As a team, UAB is scoring 81.6 points per game on 49.3% shooting from the field, 36.5% from behind the arc and 79.4% from the foul line this season, the 5th-best free throw percentage in the country.

Middle Tennessee is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a loss and 20-7 ATS in their last 27 conference matchups while the under is 7-3 in their last 10 games overall. UAB is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 conference matchups and 9-4 ATS in their last 13 home games while the over is 4-1 in their last 5 games overall. Middle Tennessee is 1-8 ATS in the last 9 meetings between these two teams and 0-6 ATS in the last 6 meetings at UAB.....

Is tyrik hurt or in the doghouse? Still hasn't gotten in at the 11 minute mark.

We did not play a good game tonight but still got the win. The offense was especially frustrating to watch tonight.

Simmons had 6 assists and 1 turnover. I really like his hustle
He is a very quick player. I’m liking Simmons more and more.

Loving the Walters defensive play at the end. Play of th night.

Sims has really impressed me when he got in the game. He is very quick and smooth with the ball. If he can put on a little more weight he is going to be an excellent player for us in the future.

Great win. I am a little concerned with Giddy and Nick being our only consistent scorers. We need a consistent 3rd option and we don't have that. If/when we get that, I think you will see this team become even better.

Walters scoring production was terrible today. He got less minutes because he cant stay out of foul trouble. Simpson and Johnson are seniors. Usually one of those two come through. I worry about defense from our bench more than anything...

We have several guys that can score beyond the big two. It would be nice if its a combo of Walters/Gamble but other guys like Simmons or Johnson can score 15-18 points if needed. I think we have to remember we have lost 3 or our last 4 and lost them late. Tonight we got it done, so lets celebrate.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Stadium tv is a joke. I was pumped at the beginning of the season because of all the games they were going to be on since the sling box we have has 3 different stadium tv channels. Issue is they never put us on. Always some obscure woman’s match up.

ADVERTISEMENT