ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-3, 1-1) @ UAB (3-2, 1-1)(BeIN), 5:30PM, Saturday, October 14, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

DLzbqNAUQAARKh7.jpg

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Founded: 1969 Enrollment: 20,902 Undergrad 13,134 Postgrad 7,768
Acceptance rate: 87%
Colors: Forest Green and Old Gold Nickname: Blazers Mascot: Blaze
Fight song: UAB Fight Song
Series: 3-2
Stadium: Legion Field, 400 Graymont Avenue West, Birmingham, AL 35204
Head Coach: Bill Clark (Jacksonville State, 1990) Record at UAB: 9-8 (2nd) Overall: 20-12 (3rd)
2016 Record: NA 2016 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: NA Lettermen R/L: NA

Weather Forecast: expect a clear sky with temperatures falling from near 83 at kickoff, into the 70s by the second half.

Where:
Legion Field, 400 Graymont Avenue West, Birmingham, AL 35204

Stadium Policies:

Television: beIN Sports, Mike Gleason (play-by-play), Brett Romberg (analyst), Michelle Gingras (sideline)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: uab live stats

Newspapers: al.com, , , ,

Message Boards: Blazer Talk,

Blogs: Blazer GameDay, The Daily Dragon,

Athletic site:
uabsports.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
UAB, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: UAB 2017 SBNation Preview, UAB Blazers (Orlando Sentinel # ), Middle Tennessee 2017 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #73),

Game Notes:
UAB game notes, Conference USA Notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: , Middle Tennessee vs UAB: Preview, How to Watch, Betting Line, & Prediction, WHAT TO WATCH FOR AGAINST UAB,

Roster: Blazers, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @UAB_FB, @CoachBillClark, , @BlazerGameday, @The_DailyDragon,,,,

Hashtags: , ,,,
, #BlueRaiders, #MTvsUAB, ,, #TrueBlue,

Facebook: UAB Athletics, , , ,

Youtube:
UAB Athletics,

Instagram:
uab_fb,

Last edited:
A.J. Erdely supposedly wasn't better than 3rd string here at MT.

Can't wait to see how this one unfolds.

It will be close to a pick em before kickoff

Actually, we should be favored. We have played a much harder schedule. I think we match up well with them. We will be the best D by far that they have faced. On Offense, they have one game with over 400 yds. The QB is not very accurate

If we take care of the FB, we win. It’s really that simple

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I thought Stock did a great job answering the attendance questions.
He said he didn't see the tweets and didn't know which players were tweeting. LOL
"If you are a UT fan and live in Murfreesboro then go root for your team. If you don't go to Knoxville, then come watch us. Same if you are a Vandy fan, Austin Peay, Tennessee Tech even Memphis fan. But if you are in town and want to see a good product for $6-$8 then come watch us play."
Something tells me Stock reads more tweets than he admits. LOL!

I'm headed to Memphis this weekend. Beat Navy!

I think this is the first presser where he even talked about it with some detail. This new beat writer has been able to pull more interesting stuff from Stock than the other writers combined.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I want to know about these 6 to 8 dollar tickets...

Don't buy season tickets. Period. Every game someone is selling them cheaper second hand or their is a ticketmaster coupon code etc. Until it sells out, season tickets and game day prices are a waste of money. Heck, go to the student gate and have a student buy you a guest ticket for $9. For a family of 4 to go to a game and drop $80 when 14,0000 seats are available is nuts.

AJ will get his plays but we just have to contain them until halftime. then we seem to adjust very well. If we allow them to score a lot before the half, then we're in a hole we usually don't dig out of. If we play tight and hold them to under 20, ideally 14 or less, then our chances go up like 70%.

No turnovers and possession time. Those are my 2 stats that matter to me the most.

Don't buy season tickets. Period. Every game someone is selling them cheaper second hand or their is a ticketmaster coupon code etc. Until it sells out, season tickets and game day prices are a waste of money. Heck, go to the student gate and have a student buy you a guest ticket for $9. For a family of 4 to go to a game and drop $80 when 14,0000 seats are available is nuts.
I buy season tickets to support the program

The other forum has a block feature which makes it more enjoyable without some Little Middle graduates

Click on your screen name, on the top bar, on the upper right hand side, a drop down menu will appear and click the option for "People you ignore" and have at it.

excerpt:

...Legion Field and the UAB Blazers brace for a visit from the Blue Raiders in college football on Saturday.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are in need of a winning streak which the team is hoping for with a trip to the UAB Blazers. Middle Tennessee evened their record at 3-3 after a 37-17 win versus Florida International as a nine point favorite. The Blue Raiders played a complete game with a 426-306 yardage edge while forcing four fumbles and recovering one while picking off a pass. Everything clicked for MT - quarterback John Urzua connected on 25-31 for 250 yards and a touchdown with Ty Lee catching seven throws for 67 yards. The Middle Tennessee rushing attack received 112 yards on eleven carries while recording six receptions for 47 yards and a TD. Tavares Thomas ran for 20 yards on six toted but gave the Blue Raiders three touchdowns.

The Alabama-Birmingham Blazers were expected to do little in the first season back from dropping football for a few years but the team has fashioned a 3-2 record following a 23-22 victory versus the visiting Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Saturday as a 9.5 point underdog. Both teams finished with about 360 yards with Louisiana Tech botching two extra points while UAB missed one as well. Blazers quarterback AJ Erdely gave the offense a short passing game where he completed 21-32 for 188 yards an no mistakes with top receiver Andre Wilson recording eight receptions for 105 yards. Spencer Brown was Alabama-Birmingham’s workhorse on the ground with 168 yards on 26 carries including an eleven yard scoring burst.

Under is 5-0-1 in MT last 6 games overall and over is 3-0-1 in MT's last 4 games in October and MT are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win. UAB are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 conference games and UAB are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games and over is 8-1 in UAB last 9 games following a straight up win.....

James is playing, and Stock is trying to
All kidding aside, with this offensive line, I would not let my son risk more serious injury. I know it's ultimately the player's final decision if cleared by medical staff to play but damn, this UAB defense will be looking to lay their ears back tee off on him early. I hope it's just a smokescreen.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
All kidding aside, with this offensive line, I would not let my son risk more serious injury. I know it's ultimately the player's final decision if cleared by medical staff to play but damn, this UAB defense will be looking to lay their ears back tee off on him early. I hope it's just a smokescreen.

And why is that again? You and Wiley both continue to demonstrate that you think you know more than you actually do about football.

Since the debacle with Vandy, the OL has only allowed four sacks the following five games and done it with a much less experienced QB. They still can't run block worth a crap but they have definitively fixed the pass protection issue, but then again, you were probably too busy paying attention to what's happening at west tennessee state. Your pretend game is strong though.

James wouldn't start but they may throw him into a play. It's a good strategy. UAB might not prep for him and he's still questionable. That's what they did with Brady last week.

And why is that again? You and Wiley both continue to demonstrate that you think you know more than you actually do about football.

Since the debacle with Vandy, the OL has only allowed four sacks the following five games and done it with a much less experienced QB. They still can't run block worth a crap but they have definitively fixed the pass protection issue, but then again, you were probably too busy paying attention to what's happening at west tennessee state. Your pretend game is strong though.
If your son is a MT offensive lineman then please accept my apologies. Sometimes the truth hurts.

The OL is run blocking much better than they have in the past. In the last 3 games, we've had a 100+ yard runner twice so we are improving.

I want to know what team in CUSA or in the AAC can afford to lose like 10 players due to injury or 3 OL's from last year and not drop off or not struggle on offense. We somehow act like we should have 3 complete lines of players ready to go with no drop off. That's just not realistic. However, we have been able to rebound despite being down so many players. It's still a crapshoot at this point but we might pull it off.

If we win 7 or more with this depleted roster, it would be an accomplishment. Not many G5 coaches could do it or have done it. I'd like to know which teams with this issue (5 or more players down including 2 all-americans) managed to get to bowl eligibility or win their conference. Yes, winning and going to a bowl is a low bar goal in the eyes of most of our fanbase but with the handicaps we face this year, it is no small feat.

ADVERTISEMENT