ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ St. Bonaventure (ESPN+), 6PM, Wednesday, November 30, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 2,540
Arena: Reilly Center (5,480)
Starters R/L: 0/5 Letterwinners R/L: 3/11
Colors: Brown & White Nickname: Bonnies
Series: SBU leads 2-0
Head Coach: Mark Schmidt
2021-22 Record: 23-10, 12-5 2021-22 Finish: 4th A10 2021-22 Postseason: NIT Semifinals
Record at School: 268-195 (16th Season) Career Record: 350-285 (22nd Season)

MT Game Notes

SBU Game Notes

Last edited:
Gonna be a tight line, somewhere around 4.

Have to favor the Bonnies here to win and cover until we win a true road game

Reactions: MTFAN61 and ewglenn
Gonna be a tight line, somewhere around 4.

Have to favor the Bonnies here to win and cover until we win a true road game
Hoping the Canada trip has to have us better prepared than the Mo St trip. Not anticipating a win, but want to see a much better fight than that last true road game. Elias's & Jestin's development since Mo trip will hopefully pay dividends

Reactions: subkyle and ewglenn
Just reviewed the St Bonaventure message board called the Bona Bandwagon. Amazing how much their fans have already put in to reviewing our players, stats, history, & past weekend tournaments. Don't know about the Bonnies players or coaches, but their fans certainly seem to be taking the Raiders as a serious threat. Interesting read

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Reactions: MTFAN61
espn's basketball power index has SBU at #161, a couple of spots above SFA. MT is at 107.
I too check out the index rating sites occasionally. A comparative formula system, KenPom has SBU #112, MT #119. ESPN also has Notre Dame #61 & KenPom has Notre Dame #78. NDU had been scraping by G5's then got handled easily by SBU by 12 points at a neutral site, not even a home game for them. I know analytics are what these statisticians claim, but in either ESPN or KenPom I would have thought SBU should have rated higher & NDU lower based on their perceived week SOS plus the SBU loss. Despite the analytics claims, there are times I think "name prestige" should be a point factor that these so called "pro's" skip out on. Either SBU is ranked too low, or NDU based on "their name" is ranked too high. That being said, I find MT's rating pretty fair at either site.

Right now MT is a 3 point underdog
A few St Bonny stats. They have 4 players averaging double figures, 2 of those between 16 & 17.5 pts per game. They're 4-2, but both losses by 4 points or less. SBU averages about 8 3's per game while shooting at about 38 percent beyond the arc.
That's what got Notre Dame. Bonnies shot 10-24 from 3. Raiders will need to stretch their D to control them from deep, especially at home. For MT: The Raiders did improve their D especially covering the 3 ball in Canada. Hopefully the men can carry some of that desire & momentum going into NY tonight. As mentioned earlier SBU obviously carries the favorite role at home, & the Raiders have had a long road trip. A possible positive for the men could be they've developed a taste for the road now & hopefully won't let the away from home stigma get to them mentally as earlier in the year. 3 things we have now as not then, a solid contributor in Bufford is back. Giving us more strong bodies for more intense defense, & from the outside King & Porter stepping up. Also those 2 are developing more confidence about taking it inside as well.

Reactions: dukewayne
This will likely be a difficult game to pull out a win especially on the road. I'm not saying they can't or won't win, but MT will have to bring their A-game to get the win.

This will likely be a difficult game to pull out a win especially on the road. I'm not saying they can't or won't win, but MT will have to bring their A-game to get the win.
Yes, despite SBU having to replace practically every member of their squad due to new portal policy their coaching staff turned around & used it extremely well for their own purposes. They are already a good team & will do nothing but get better throughout the year. If we are to catch them it should be now, even at that it will take our best offensive, defensive, & coaching effort of the year so far. Probably no one other than our own players & coaches are anticipating a win here. Being said I think the young men are coming into their own & could pull it out. I admit I critiqued a lot of our earlier play & some felt it was an over reaction from me & a few others. Since we are the definite under dog here even if it's a significant loss I won't disdain the young men post game. Their efforts & desire to win in Canada earned my respect. Good luck fellas!

What on gods green earth is wrong with this team at the FT line ? Unbelievable. I have seen high school teams that can shoot better FTs.

If we lose this game tonight you don’t have to look any further than all the bricks we’ve served up from the FT line. You could build a house out there.

Something is wrong with Dishman. He is not half the player he was last year. Looks like he’s reverted back to when he first got here. No smooth moves down in the paint anymore. Can’t hit FTs either.

What on gods green earth is wrong with this team at the FT line ? Unbelievable. I have seen high school teams that can shoot better FTs.

If we lose this game tonight you don’t have to look any further than all the bricks we’ve served up from the FT line. You could build a house out there.
It is frustrating. Eli’s two misses are uncharacteristic and may be due to being shaken up on the dunk attempt, but everyone else is just missing. We really need Eli and Elias to step up and make some shots from 3 consistently. We don’t have that real outside threat.

Something is wrong with Dishman. He is not half the player he was last year. Looks like he’s reverted back to when he first got here. No smooth moves down in the paint anymore. Can’t hit FTs either.
He seems to be having an off night. Frustrating night overall. If we shoot our normal not great we are up by double digits.

We are lucky to be in the game at this point with this FT shooting. Holy cow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team this bad at FTs.

If we are honest with ourselves we don’t really deserve to win this game. 15% from 3 and 38% from FT line. Good lord.

This is painful to watch. Dishman looks lost. Both teams trying to give the game away

They are going to make us win this game. It’s there for the taking. Just have to hit some shots these last couple of minutes.

Can they hit some shots ?

How is this even a close game. Look at our 3 and FT %s. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT