ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ (RV) UTSA (CBSSN), 7PM Friday, September 25, 2020

It would be the most Stockstill thing ever to start the season 0-2, getting beat in historic fashion on national TV to G5 opponents that we should be equals of, and then turn around and win 5 or 6 conference games to trigger an automatic extension and finish the year at .500

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Why did we stop running the ball??? 3 pass plays.....and punt.....

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hard to win games with D2 players on the roster

We are not as talent depleted as you would think. Our main problem right now is we have a terrible OL and below average QB. You just will not win games like that.

We have some stud WR's and some real men on defense at certain positions, but then very weak at others.

Our punter is hot garbage.

Reactions: Raiders_55
bad play calling. Simple as that.

you know a lot of what you are calling bad play calls is more a bad read. Most “plays” have 3 or 4 different plays built into them. It’s the responsibility of O’Hara to read the play correctly and pick the correct receiver combo to progress through, the receiver to read /run the right option route or for us to count the box to know if we pass down field or run the ball/screen. Then we have to pick up hot reads if they blitz plus execute even if the read is correct.

I had a former player basically breakdown plays from a game and how 80% of the time fans don’t know what we are talking about when we say good/bad play calls. In today’s game it’s almost always the read / execution instead of the play.

you know a lot of what you are calling bad play calls is more a bad read. Most “plays” have 3 or 4 different plays built into them. It’s the responsibility of O’Hara to read the play correctly and pick the correct receiver combo to progress through, the receiver to read /run the right option route or for us to count the box to know if we pass down field or run the ball/screen. Then we have to pick up hot reads if they blitz plus execute even if the read is correct.

I had a former player basically breakdown plays from a game and how 80% of the time fans don’t know what we are talking about when we say good/bad play calls. In today’s game it’s almost always the read / execution instead of the play.

B.S.

When you pass instead of run or when you line up 3wr on one side with no safety valve WR is bad play calling. When you snap the ball with 27 seconds on your play clock? Come on. Other teams seem to not have that problem. There are a lot of bad play calls with this team.

Yes there are bad reads too but the right play call means everything.

B.S.

When you pass instead of run or when you line up 3wr on one side with no safety valve WR is bad play calling. When you snap the ball with 27 seconds on your play clock? Come on. Other teams seem to not have that problem. There are a lot of bad play calls with this team.

OK

there’s no such thing as a run pass option play where the QB counts the number of defenders in the box to decide whether to run or pass?

It's sadly probably good that we lost. Only way we see any real change is a winless season or two.

It so bad & sad that we've resorted to having to cheer for losses in hopes that we might see changes.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
I tuned in late after Ponce de Leon nearly no hit the Brewers in the second game.

What I saw is is CRS completely f*** up with his coaching decisions again. There was no reason to go for two with nearly the entire 4th qtr left. Had MT not gone for two we're kicking an extra point to the tie game.

Fire Rick Stockstill.

Reactions: Hop45
OK

there’s no such thing as a run pass option play where the QB counts the number of defenders in the box to decide whether to run or pass?

There is and it's f' in stupid. The play needs to be checked down at the LOS and audibled in if necessary. When we used to do that, we played a hell of a lot better. Simplify this shit with varied tempo and we will play way better. When you change up after the snap, all kinds of poop happens. When you have an OC in the MF press box, you can see the line up and have the QB check down and adjust the play or audible BEFORE THE SNAP.

It ain't hard. We make it impossibly hard.

Reactions: Hop45
Holy crap. Speaking of stats, our defense was only on the field for 24 minutes and still gave up 37 point. What the holy hell.

• Wow
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
There is and it's f' in stupid. The play needs to be checked down at the LOS and audibled in if necessary. When we used to do that, we played a hell of a lot better. Simplify this shit with varied tempo and we will play way better. When you change up after the snap, all kinds of poop happens. When you have an OC in the MF press box, you can see the line up and have the QB check down and adjust the play or audible BEFORE THE SNAP.

It ain't hard. We make it impossibly hard.

Every good team in college football uses RPO concepts along with pre-snap reads. Heck a lot teams have taken pre-snap reads out of the QB’s hands - that’s where the check with me sideline look comes from.

Every good team in college football uses RPO concepts along with pre-snap reads. Heck a lot teams have taken pre-snap reads out of the QB’s hands - that’s where the check with me sideline look comes from.

Well, it's working beautifully for us. LOL.

I tuned in late after Ponce de Leon nearly no hit the Brewers in the second game.

What I saw is is CRS completely f*** up with his coaching decisions again. There was no reason to go for two with nearly the entire 4th qtr left. Had MT not gone for two we're kicking an extra point to the tie game.

Fire Rick Stockstill.

Fire the Special Teams coach.
Whomever that is. 😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT