ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ (RV) UTSA (CBSSN), 7PM Friday, September 25, 2020

I love how we don't change anything. I'm hoping OHara throws another pick6 to get Cunningham some real reps.

I'm glad to see the guys fighting. This is a winnable game. Our defense is playing like a real defense. Just can't give them such a short field. We have some men on the defensive side of the ball.

It's so frustrating because we have some great players at certain positions. Legit FBS athletes that could start at most schools. But then other positions are so incredibly weak that these great players get offset. We signed some real talent with the most recent class, and I love the commits so far for 2021.

The difference between being a bad team, a good team, and a great team is a thinner margin than most people realize. If we got the right coaches in here with a few more pieces, we really could be a great team.

We have men on the defensive side of the ball. And our recent commits are only going to reinforce the strength of our defense. I know we've given up a lot of points first 2 weeks, but the defense was literally on the field the whole game. There has to be some balance and field position to help your defense. Overall, I'm OK with where our defense is at from a coaching and personnel standpoint.

Now over on the offensive side of the ball. I literally have nothing good to say about the offense beyond our WR's. I'm OK with where we are at from a WR standpoint. We have a great mixture of talented upper classmen as well as exciting young talent. Very happy with our WR's. EVerything else sucks though. Terrible QB's, OL can't block, RB's are at best decent...

Special teams and coaching....Just god awful. Everything from 12 men on the field in the CUSA championship to terrible mismanagement in the first half against Army. Awful coaching, predictable special teams. Nothing special about it. I don't know why our opponents even bother running down on a kick off because we are fair catching it every time. Literally save the energy. Stockstill is so caught up in playing the numbers and trying to beat "averages" that he has become the definition of average.

I don't understand how our OL is so bad. It's been bad for a long time. Staff devoted a few extra scholarships towards shoring the line up. All those takes on OL players and none of them developed? Something just isn't right...

Reactions: SpaceRaider
They didn't dominate on the last drive. We just gotta call better plays. It ain't hard. Pierce is the weapon. Use him. Screw running it if the pass is there.

I don't understand how our OL is so bad. It's been bad for a long time. Staff devoted a few extra scholarships towards shoring the line up. All those takes on OL players and none of them developed? Something just isn't right...

Our OL coaches are terribble and neither one is an OL guy at heart. Why Polly is still here is beyond me.

UTSA looking tired. Offense is starting to come alive now that Asher has a little time. It's amazing how much better an offense can look once your opponents front 7 isn't dominating the LOS.

This is why the OL is so important and your OL coach is your most important position coach hire. It's too bad we don't place more emphasis on our OL.

We've never had good special teams under Stockstill. Ever.

UTSA is in trouble. They're getting dominated at the LOS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT