ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ Murray State (ESPN+), 7PM, Saturday, December 7, 2019

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
01_25_18MOR_scoreboard6.jpg

Murray State University

Enrollment: 10,988
Head Coach: Matt McMahon Record at School: 87-42 (4 Seasons) Career Record: 87-42 (4 Seasons)
2018-19 Record: 28-5, 16-2 2018-19 Finish: T-1st OVC 2018-19 Postseason: NCAA Round 2
Starters R/L: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 6/5
Twitter: @RacersHoops

Date: December 7, 2019 Time: 7:00 PM CT
Arena: CFSB Center (8,600)
Series Record: MSU leads 104-37
TV: ESPN+ Talent: Neal Bradley (PxP), Kenny Roth (Analyst)
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)
Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

WATCH

Live Stats

TuneIn

Last edited:
I know Jackson got an early foul but you cant take him out. We will be down 20 before you know it and it wont mater.

15:12

down 4-12

another horrible start for MT.

At this rate foul trouble is going to be a huge factor if Raiders can find an offense to get close...

msu has 10 rebounds to MT's one...

Well. Once again. I’ve seen enough. Don’t know why I even bother at this point.

It so sad how far we have fallen. We are worse this year than last. Cannot even keep games competitive with MAC, Sun Belt, OVC teams, etc. I guess that's what happens when you take bench players from schools like Eastern Kentucky.

We don't even look close to being able to compete for anything meaningful. Shouldn't we at least have a formidable roster of players in Year 2 that can win around half the games they play? Is that really asking too much?

I feel like Antonio Green has regressed under McDevitt (along with the rest of the team).

Anyone else wonder how much production we would get out of Green if Kermit was still here??? I'm struggling to think of any players who regressed under Kermit's watch, and he was here a long time.

I'm really trying not to be so critical in Year 2 but there's nothing to be excited about with this team and these players. Most of them are worse than last year. Sims has disappeared. Green is terrible. Hell, C.J. Jones has regressed just since the start of the season!!!!

Wiley. This is what I’ve been talking about. Where is any evidence that shows anything is improving? There just isn’t any.

This is embarrassing. We shouldn't be this bad even with the playere we have. Horrible defense and horrible offense. I begininng to think Masarro struck out on McDevitt. Masarro shouldn't be able to hire another coach at MT.

Reactions: amgtmom
This is embarrassing. We shouldn't be this bad even with the playere we have. Horrible defense and horrible offense. I begininng to think Masarro struck out on McDevitt. Masarro shouldn't be able to hire another coach at MT.

Welcome to the club. This was a bad hire from the moment it was leaked. He never should have even been a finalist.

McDevitt was not Massaro’s top choice. McPhee wanted McDevitt. Either way I agree this is horrible.

Reactions: amgtmom
MSU 13-17 at FT line

MT 2-8 at line

JAckson and Johnson have three fouls each.

MT with 11 personal fouls. Murray whistled for 6

23 rebounds by murray, 8 by MT

11 assists by murray, 2 by MT

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. This was a bad hire from the moment it was leaked. He never should have even been a finalist.

I wanted to give him them benifit of doubt. I completely gave him a pass for last year, but this team shouldn't be as bad as it is with the players we have. I know we are limited in the post but alot of teams play well with 4 guards and one post. Besides post play is the least of our problems. Mcdevitt just looks lost. The only good thing about this team is Tyson Jackson being a decent player. It just sucks being a MT fan right now because we have a dud of a football coach, AD, President and it appears basketball coach too.

Are we Division 2 now? My goodness, our basic skills are much to be desired as demonstrated by this poor half of basketball. Terrible rebounding, shooting, foul shooting, and guarding space. We’re making Murray State Racers more like the Kentucky Wildcats.

This is regression that I hope our coaches can fix soon. Hard to tolerate.

Reactions: dukewayne
McDevitt was not Massaro’s top choice. McPhee wanted McDevitt. Either way I agree this is horrible.

How can an AD with self-respect continue to work for the president in that situation?

Is there someone in the BRAA willing to help push our program forward away from these 2?

How can an AD with self-respect continue to work for the president in that situation?

Is there someone in the BRAA willing to help push our program forward away from these 2?
I am in the BRAA and willing, but I do not have the $$$$ to have that much influence.

What's the buyout for his contract? When is the soonest we can reasonably fire him? No recruits are going to take this program seriously with results like this. You can kiss Donte Houston Jr. goodbye. We are very lucky Fussell signed when he did, if he decides to stick around that is.

This is an absolute and literal disaster. We cannot play games and literally not even be competitive with teams like Coastal Carolina, Ohio, Tulane, and Murray State. You just can't. I don't care what the circumstances are. No recruit worth signing will take this program seriously with results like this. Nobody likes a loser, and we have quickly become a laughing stock.

Reactions: dukewayne
Where's kingaling to tell us how we don't know what we're talking about, things are getting better, etc we just can't see it.

I don't think this team could beat Randy Weil's 5-win team. We didn't even get beat this bad by #3 Kansas that year.

Reactions: MightyRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT