Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
635876857057790123-pavilion-16.jpg

OLE MISS
Enrollment: 23,090
Arena: The Pavilion at Ole Miss (9,500)
Nickname: Rebels Colors: Cardinal Red & Navy Blue
Head Coach: Kermit Davis Record at School: 20-13 (1 Season) Career Record: 423-251 (21 Seasons)
2018-19 Record: 20-13, 10-8 2018-19 Finish: T-6th SEC Postseason: NCAA Round 1
Starters R/L: 3/2 Letterwinners R/L: 5/7

Twitter: @OleMissMBB

Date: December 14, 2019 Time: 2:00 PM CT

Series Record: MT leads 6-5
TV: SEC Network Talent: Dave Neal (PxP), Debbie Antonelli (Analyst)
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn) Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)
Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

LISTEN (TuneIn)

WATCH: SECN/ESPN+

LIVE STATS

Last edited:
Fagan and Curry would be getting a lot more playing time if they had stayed committed. I am hoping we can come out this game and avoid a slow start. Effort for all 40 minutes. The light will come on for this team and it would be nice if it happened this game.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Maybe Kermit won't beat us as bad as Murray did.

I will go with a 25-point loss. 83-58

I would think Kermit would try not to embarrass us too badly, although at this point it will be hard to not beat us by at least 25 points.

Fagan and Curry would be getting a lot more playing time if they had stayed committed. I am hoping we can come out this game and avoid a slow start. Effort for all 40 minutes. The light will come on for this team and it would be nice if it happened this game.

No doubt Buffen was the best of the class and he could have been a star for MT. The other two would have been much more productive "at our level" (d--n, I hate to use that term).

I would think Kermit would try not to embarrass us too badly, although at this point it will be hard to not beat us by at least 25 points.

It would take a monumental effort from Ole Miss to keep it under 20. I don't foresee Kermit pulling his starters that early though, and their bench at this point is better than our starters anyway. I foresee a major blowout incoming. Not even sure the point of playing this game. These are two teams that have no business being on the court with one another.

Just seems crazy to me 2 years ago we would go into this game expecting to win.

Now we are all wondering if it'll be a 20, 30, or 40 point loss.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
So far we look like we have in every other game this year. Can’t defend the perimeter. Can’t rebound. Can’t find much offense (except Jones).

Man I miss that. One defensive breakdown and Kermit calls a timeout and jumps all over the player.

switching over to the Memphis UT game. This one is already over 8 minutes into it.

Last edited:
We look ok offensively. Some sloppy passing and poor FT shooting, but not too bad offensively.

Defensively, the switch to the 1-3-1 helped a bit. Our rotation is late and it doesn’t help they are on fire.

Green really crashed and burned today... gotta have 2-3 guys hitting a lot of shots in order to win

Blue Raiders are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games

Make that 0-7

Another offensively anemic performance. 16% from 3 point land, 18 attempts with only 3 makes all of them by C.J. Jones. Meanwhile Ole Miss bangs down 14 3's....theres your difference in the ball game, and then some.

Green is just awful and deserves to be benched but theres nobody better out there. How do we not have any viable shooting guards on this team?????????????? jesus christ

First off, was blown away by Ole Miss’ new basketball facility. For a school that’s had mediocre success through the years, props to the school for going all in on a 1st class arena. Makes it even more perplexing Matt Insell couldn’t build a program there. BTW, were beer kiosks every where we looked.
Kermit’s last 5-6 years he begged people to show up. We never seemed to match the consistent crowds we drew during our run through the OVC. Today’s game, after finals were over, still was about 2/3 full. Appears he won’t have to worry about crowd support.
Not sure what’s going on with Green. In the second half of the Tulane game it looked like he was getting back in synch, but just struggled today. His Mom sat 2 rows behind us and is a bundle of energy. Even good-naturedly mixed it up with their fans.
Jackson was seen favoring one of his legs late in the game, hopefully nothing serious. Scary to think how good he can be in a couple more years.
Kiffin made a brief cameo second half and received a hero’s welcome. As did Morgan Freeman.
Was our 2nd trip to Oxford. Downtown square area pretty cool. Great restaurants & bars.
Now on to Beale Street!

I don't know why anyone - in this thread - would act surprised with today's result. This game played out exactly like nearly every other game we have played this year.

I fully expect to see us 1-11 against DI competition before we have a chance at our next win against Marshall but highly probable 1-13 heading into the FAU game.

I've had season tickets in FB and BB for 50 yrs. I will no longer go, watch, listen or give a damn

I understand football but I wouldn't give up on basketball until we see how next year goes. I have already written this year off. Everything we do this year had better with next year in mind. If that means sitting Green and starting Lawrence then so be it.

We had better be competitive and hovering around 20 wins next year.

We're currently at 265 in the KenPom. We finished 246 last year.

On Kermit's b-day, is there any point in noting the worst ever KenPom rating he ever had at MT was 203 in 2007 - his only losing season at 15-17.

One thing I do think it worth noting that when Kermit took over from the Randy Weil debacle that he inherited a far worse situation. The program was an absolute dumpster fire at that point. His KP rankings in years one and two were 126 and 135, respectively, which is why I don't buy this premise of needing three or four years in basketball to: a) turn corners or b) at least be competitive.

If CNM turns this around I have hunch it will be nothing short of a miracle. We've now had 50 or so games worth of data and - though yeah we all recognize he needs better players - the lack of defense and poor discipline that typically accompanies this free for all offensive philosophy is demonstrating exactly what I feared.

Well, potentially winnable game in a week. They have a week to try to figure some things out yet again. So, is Scurry back for that game? Was it the first 11 he had to sit out? We can use all the help we can get.

Got to watch the game today. Have not seen them since the tournament. I saw improvement which really made me happy. The light finally came on for Sims in the second half. He started playing like he knew what his role was and where to be. If he keeps playing like that then we will be a better team in the second half. Green had a nuclear meltdown today. He needs to pray more instead of focusing his life on silly tattoos. Folks....Jackson is going to be a freaking stud if he keeps on improving. They need to feed him more inside. He scored almost everytime he was fed. Feed that dawg!!! I finally saw us coming together as a team some today. Team, team, team.....that is what has been wrong so far. Unselfishness....they should of fed Jackson more and Green should of started to feed others since he wasn't hitting anything. I saw some things that gave me hope. I am going to stick by my 500 or better prediction in conference play. I think come tourney time we can be a scary underdog. We will see.

Green had a nuclear meltdown today. He needs to pray more instead of focusing his life on silly tattoos.

Good grief. He’s in a shooting slump. It happens. This comment was uncalled for. You don’t know what his personal life is like, much less his prayer life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT