ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee @ Memphis, 4PM/1PM(DH)/Noon, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, March 19-21, 2021

You hate to drop that series, but I'm really encouraged with our pitching. Our arms are going to win a lot of conference series. While the bats went quiet at the wrong times, we still outscored Memphis 16-12 on the weekend. I don't think any of us were expecting an at-large bid this season, we just need to be clicking come May.

I believe in Toman and his staff. They are the only program I still buy season tickets for. Good baseball, a cold beer, and a fried bologna sandwich at RSF is a tough combo to beat. 😎

You hate to drop that series, but I'm really encouraged with our pitching. Our arms are going to win a lot of conference series. While the bats went quiet at the wrong times, we still outscored Memphis 16-12 on the weekend. I don't think any of us were expecting an at-large bid this season, we just need to be clicking come May.

I believe in Toman and his staff. They are the only program I still buy season tickets for. Good baseball, a cold beer, and a fried bologna sandwich at RSF is a tough combo to beat. 😎

My fear is that Bunn gets a P5 coaching job before we figure out our hitting. I haven’t seen all our games, but our approach at the plate looked awful. Not sure if it’s the hitting coach, players or what. With our speed, we need to get on base a lot more. Whether it’s hitting, walks or pulling a Roger Dorn from Major League 2, we need more men consistently. Baseball is one of the few sports CUSA doesn’t flat out suck. We could lose a lot of games if our hitting doesn’t improve because I just can’t see the pitching maintaining this level.

That said,I agree it’s SO refreshing to have a team that is obviously putting some pieces together. We are 2/3 of the way to being a very good baseball team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT